• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTE| Thought it was a smut paradise, it was shounen hell

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know, the special chapters read to me like him just trying to make the Spider as hateable as possible and give justification to Kurapika's desire for revenge. That shit was just brutal and not too far off from what's going on in AkG.

It's a matter of presentation, not actual content. Togashi is way more mature in that regards.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Nisekoi is so much better if you drop the expectation that there will be any kind of plot and just read it like its newspaper comic strip.
Which is exactly how I'm reading it!

Tsukiyo ni Sasowarete
Cute. A little odd, 'cos in real life the guy would totally be sketch. Best character was the girl who came to deliver stuff to her mailbox.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
But hey, he has a job! On school...

And he suddenly has a house now too. Totally not sketchy anymore! Maybe.
Says he wants to skip afternoon class
But works at a coffee shop by her school and is there in the afternoon when she gets out

Says his family got kicked out from their house for not paying
Suddenly has enough money to get an apartment

He's totally sketch

Says he wants to skip afternoon class
But works at a coffee shop by her school

Says his family got kicked out from their house for not paying
Suddenly has enough money to get an apartment

He's totally sketch

But hey he helped the girl change for the better!

And that's all that matters for a shoujo!

Secret alternate ending is when he cons her out of all her money to support his smoking habit

Develop all that trust and cash it in

To be fair, if this wasn't an one-shot I would totally expect that development to happen.

And then it will be revealed he was only doing it for some nobler cause.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
To be fair, if this wasn't an one-shot I would totally expect that development to happen.

And then it will be revealed he was only doing it for some nobler cause.
Actually, scratch that, my previous scenario is too unique because it doesn't have the first guy win

You are obviously the superior shojo writer

edit: oops I thought I was editing

scy

Guys, guys ... I think you're looking too hard into this.

Just let probably-a-murderer-kun go and have his romance.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
UQ Holder isn't that reliant on knowing everything that happened in Negima so you should be fine. Just know the MC is related to the Negima MC and then ... uh ... that's about it.

I think you'll be lost eventually if you don't read Negima though. Let's just assume Asuna won.

scy

I think you'll be lost eventually if you don't read Negima though. Let's just assume Asuna won.

Maybe. I don't think it's bad enough to be completely lost beyond normal. Like, they'd have no idea for the current arc with Magia Erebea but can just chalk it up as a random power-up that'll be explained in due time.

And I always assume Asuna won. Even if something says otherwise. I'm stubborn.

Wouldn't peg that guy to be into that

get it. pegging.
i'll see myself out.

pls

Mortemis

Banned
Nisekoi 112

Eh, a Marika chapter, but at least it's better than a boring ass Onodera chapter.

On another note, I literally just caught up with Kingdom a week ago and ever since then the scanlators missed their scheduled releases, I feel like I cursed them or something. Sorry guys. At least we get 4 chapters on sunday.

TWGOK 262

You know Ayumi, couldn't have you picked a better time to be all tsundere, y'know, when the world isn't erased and you don't need to help save it?

aBLQ2dX.png

D-Frag! 53-54

Best wife gets the fabled princess carry.

Absolutely sweet how she apologized to Takao for getting one before her.

Horimiya 1-30

A timeline of my reactions to Horimiya:

• Aww, this is adorable!
  • Yep, really enjoying this. Wonder when someone's gonna confess?
  • Someone should probably confess.
  • Gah, almost. Fucking hands.
  • Yo this is turning into Castle.
  • This dad is hilarious
  • They should probably start dati--- oh they're dating. D'awwwwwwww!
  • WHOAH HAIR
  • Someone should really pick this series up. I WANT MORE DAMMIT!

It's pretty damn good you guys.

scy

We'll see how much more time she gets. If she's a permanent addition, her shtick will probably get old (/she just goes after Miyamura).

Fool! Dont you see the beauty of stretching?

Well, I didn't know if there was a story too! Both posts were stretching steps lol

Quixzlizx

Nisekoi 112

I'm going to be honest; since I can't care less about the plot at this point, I just want an alternate reality Marika spinoff where she trolls Raku and others every chapter. This and the parrot chapter were two of the most entertaining since the end of the school race arc, in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom