• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTE| Thought it was a smut paradise, it was shounen hell

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the deep depths of this thread

just had this statement in the back of my head from waaay back
Actually, promise girl might be Onodera, because when he lost his memory, Raku said he met the promise girl for the first time when he found her crying and reading the picture book, but Chitoge's diary said the first time they met was when he saved her from being trapped in a crevice. So yeah. It doesn't matter much either way.

Wrong-landscape.jpg

I was watching the Anime Today
because I love to see myself suffer in mental pain
and they animated the scene where Chitoge found her dairy... and guess what?

She fell into the crevice on August 15th days maybe weeks after she actually met the guy...
Seeing as she reads about encounters happening in other earlier days within August

Sooooo she still has the most evidence leading to the fact that she is the promise girl

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Shokugeki no Soma

And now, a completely different kind of manservice.
Funny seeing outsiders seeing the Polar Star Dorm and their quirks in full force.

One-Punch Man

Murata's art work really shines on Boros. So damn good.

Kieli

Shokugeki no Soma

I feel Soma is getting confined in terms of his ability to grow by staying at the academy. As much as he benefits from fighting strong opponents here, he's certainly not lacking in that regard (having lost 500 times against the Asura).

He needs to travel like his dad and acquire as much worldly experience as possible.

kasane

don't worry, your time will come soon

i need to gather my energy

Shokugeki no Soma

I feel Soma is getting confined in terms of his ability to grow by staying at the academy. As much as he benefits from fighting strong opponents here, he's certainly not lacking in that regard (having lost 500 times against the Asura).

He needs to travel like his dad and acquire as much worldly experience as possible.

well his dad dominated in the academy no?

i figure soma's dad want him to be the best there is in the academy before he does traveling, also that little tid-bit at the start about finding a woman

Shokugeki no Soma

Sounds like the perfect set-up if this series ever needs a time skip.

i need to gather my energy

Find your hunger

scy

Sooooo she still has the most evidence leading to the fact that she is the promise girl

The only notable "evidence" against Chitoge is when Raku is remembering the key as part of the amnesia arc, he thinks of the longer key when he thinks of the promised girl. But basically everything else really points to Chitoge.

I don't really care, Chitoge wins regardless.

Charade

Lemonade 12

I'm usual pretty patient, but I wish this progressed a little faster.

Samurai Papa 9

Between this and Runner's Heaven, who knew jogging could be so sexy?

The only notable "evidence" against Chitoge is when Raku is remembering the key as part of the amnesia arc, he thinks of the longer key when he thinks of the promised girl. But basically everything else really points to Chitoge.

I see you are remembering to end your sentences probably

puts away the dressing and utensils

what I am guessing is that the pendat has multiple locks inside that leads to the last one

scy

what I am guessing is that the pendat has multiple locks inside that leads to the last one

That's the most likely case with the whole story involving a pendant and like 72 girls or whatever. It'll be some promise to bring them all together to open it and they did the locks so the "last" one is Chitoge's.

Remember, the book had a "sad" ending according to Chitoge which doesn't necessarily mean that it was actually "sad." Like, if she liked one of the side girls more then that ending could be sad for her and Raku re-wrote the ending for her.

Or there is an unfamiliar picture inside the pendant

raku murdered that girl

he will atone for his sins

Raku is one of the most terrible main protags I've have seen... I wouldn't mind if he got caught for murder

but in all honesty if anyone would kill the promise girl it would likely be Marika
Girl knows way more about the past then what she says she knows... likely tossed her carcus into the crevice that thesaucetastic talked about
That's the most likely case with the whole story involving a pendant and like 72 girls or whatever. It'll be some promise to bring them all together to open it and they did the locks so the "last" one is Chitoge's.

Remember, the book had a "sad" ending according to Chitoge which doesn't necessarily mean that it was actually "sad." Like, if she liked one of the side girls more then that ending could be sad for her and Raku re-wrote the ending for her.

it likely goes in the order of
longest key to shortest key

kasane

we're taking nisekoi too seriously

Raku is one of the most terrible main protags I've have seen... I wouldn't mind if he got caught for murder

but in all honesty if anyone would kill the promise girl it would likely be Marika

girl knows way more about the past then what she says she knows

Yeah it would have been interesting if Marika was a devious cunning girl instead of how they handled her now

kasane

If it follows the picture book, it's probably the opposite. The side girls have the smaller keys and the main girl has the longer one.

I'm honestly surprised the teacher wasn't somehow roped into the promise.

raku's tutor when he was a kid

awwww yeah!

Speaking of Nisekoi, thanks to watching the anime and re-reading it, there's something bugging me. During the amnesia arc, Raku remembers the promise and all of it involving the girl ... but he pictures the longer key that Kosaki has.

welp.
If it follows the picture book, it's probably the opposite. The side girls have the smaller keys and the main girl has the longer one.

Do we always go full circle in posts with this series

C'mon scy this was the reason why people wanted to eat you -_-

kasane

we found the manga graveyard

Edit: Kurogane had a shit ending. Was it cancelled? I read somewhere that the author was an obnoxious fuck thats why he gott cancelled

scy

Do we always go full circle in posts with this series

C'mon scy this was the reason why people wanted to eat you -_-

Ah, to be fair, I was wrong. You only see one key in the book and it's generic looking. No information out of that.

Anyway, you still see Kosaki's key when Raku remembers the promise, though he still goes to say something about Chitoge. I kind of like the idea that the "ending" of the book is sad in the sense that Chitoge's favorite character didn't win and Raku rewrites it for her. Seems fitting for the genre in a weird sort of way. And I like that idea better than the book actually having some kind of sad/bittersweet ending. What kind of children's picture book is that?!

Keep in mind that I think Chitoge wins out regardless.

Edit: Kurogane had a shit ending. Was it cancelled? I read somewhere that the author was an obnoxious fuck thats why he gott cancelled

Half of it's chapters were dedicated to one fight. With like ... two actions taken. I'm fond the ending for at least knowing well enough to go "fuck it, HE'S DA BEST, THE GIRL CONFESSES, WE'RE DONE HERE."

Harisugawa got the worst ending :(

Never heard of him being obnoxious, but I found the premise interesting. Never read it to see the execution. Otagadoki Doubutsen should've been HUGE though. Goddam. And fuck Jump readers for saying St&rs is a rip off of Space Bros. St&rs has aliens.

Articalys

Fuuka ch.4

God dammit, I though I'd actually make it more than four chapters into this before starting to feel rage. What a couple of complete idiots

Well played, Seo.

Ah, to be fair, I was wrong. You only see one key in the book and it's generic looking. No information out of that.
Anyway, you still see Kosaki's key when Raku remembers the promise, though he still goes to say something about Chitoge. I kind of like the idea that the "ending" of the book is sad in the sense that Chitoge's favorite character didn't win and Raku rewrites it for her. Seems fitting for the genre in a weird sort of way. And I like that idea better than the book actually having some kind of sad/bittersweet ending. What kind of children's picture book is that?!

Keep in mind that I think Chitoge wins out regardless.
lol
what I find funny is that you are actually ending your post with that same last bit

don't worry Kasane can't eat you... you are too far away

Soma

was an okay chapter... glad we are getting a break from the back to back food judging

kasane

lol
what I find funny is that you are actually ending your post with that same last bit

don't worry Kasane can't eat you... you are too far away

Soma

was an okay chapter... glad we are getting a break from the back to back food judging

thats what id like you to think

Lain

Does anyone read Area D and UQ Holder? Are either of them particularly great? Looking through the search results doesn't pull up many readers of either manga.

I read Area D and so far (I have the first 2 volumes) it seem quite good to me. There are various powers at play with their own rules, the art is nice, the characters are interesting and the protagonist is seemingly a cool badass.

kasane

speaking of powers

i remember a manga a while back where the kids was used for a tv show because they had psychic powers

then there were people trying to murder them when they grow up. Can't remember the title :lol

Edit

Nisekoi - 112

THOSE 2 NEED TO GET TOGETHER ASP

speaking of powers

i remember a manga a while back where the kids was used for a tv show because they had psychic powers

then there were people trying to murder them when they grow up. Can't remember the title :lol
Diamond Cut Diamond. As far as murderthons go, it's one of the weaker ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom