• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTE| Thought it was a smut paradise, it was shounen hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

scy

My safety is at stake ;__;

lol
what I find funny is that you are actually ending your post with that same last bit

Well, I find it necessary! It keeps sounding like you think I'm expecting otherwise :x I expect the whole thing is still Chitoge route. Anything that comes up is just a road bump that will have some way around it with the plot.

Well, I find it necessary! It keeps sounding like you think I'm expecting otherwise :x I expect the whole thing is still Chitoge route. Anything that comes up is just a road bump that will have some way around it with the plot.

I think the major concern is that you are expecting an ending. Any kind of ending.

kasane

more like you will become delicious steak!

Define Road Bump: "a hindrance in some quest or extended task."

sounds like Onodera

scy

kasane

Look, I'm still holding out for the possibility Nisekoi genre shifts and becomes a battle manga where the keyblade wielders start killing each other.

i told you author is bitter about double arts and hell turn nisekoi into a shonen battle manga

Never read Nisekoi but I would if the author pulled the Ken Akamatsu on his editors and switched it mid-manga to a battle shounen. That was hilarious in Negima.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Don't bring up Double Arts

Don't reopen the wounds of my heart ;_;

And it's definitely Kosaki's key that he remembered, because it has the heart on the top. Chitoge's has a sort of crown on the top, and Marika's has an angel. But yeah, if anyone's going to win, it's Chitoge.

Bought two more manga before February had ended, slow month and will hopefully get back to a few more series soon. No. 6 and Crimson Spell 2 (naruto shippuden blood prison bd in back), and another Naruto figure to add to the collection.
tumblr_n1s20cMiWF1qbxqfpo4_1280.jpg
tumblr_n1s20cMiWF1qbxqfpo5_1280.jpg

Dresden

Harisugawa was bad and honestly MxO was running out of steam at that point. But the latter still deserved at least another arc to wrap things up (and secure a Lucy victory) ;_;.

scy

Come on, Harisugawa at least deserved a proper ending instead of a joke chapter. Even ending it on the previous chapter was fine. I guess it just hurt more since it also had to undo the confession.

Mx0 was struggling anyway but it could've at least found a confession or something :(

Come on, Harisugawa at least deserved a proper ending instead of a joke chapter. Even ending it on the previous chapter was fine. I guess it just hurt more since it also had to undo the confession.

Mx0 was struggling anyway but it could've at least found a confession or something :(

You should just move on from the past and look onto the future.

Sugar Soldier 01-10.5

XzIzCU9l.jpg

More sappy shoujo for me!

Our lead is always in the shadow of her more popular older sister so once she enters high school, she decides to change. There, she meets a handsome boy who helps her change for the better.

I will say, it's pretty much your average shoujo. Lots of sappy feelings and silly drama that I'm glad gets resolved pretty quickly. It's amusing enough even though its pretty much been lots of one sided love and teasing.

Akito

The GTO drama was a pretty cool take on the premise, there were many really dumb, cheesy and/or over-the-top moments but also enough emotional and powerful scenes, to think that Tomoko had the best substory here. Miyabi was a little more likable but they left out Urumi :( The TV special gave the Onizuka-Azusa pairing the ending the manga couldn't, the movie was a complete waste of time though. I will remember dat opening
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XiRKD_1S4e0

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Have you guys always been reading a lot of shojo series? I know I only came in for the tail end of otx, but my impression was that the most read things were shonen, smut, harem, or whatever. Just curious

Have you guys always been reading a lot of shojo series? I know I only came in for the tail end of otx, but my impression was that the most read things were shonen, smut, harem, or whatever. Just curious

I pretty much read (almost) everything so I have no real preferences for what I will read or not read assuming the synopsis is decent enough.

Akito

Not a whole lot but I do have one as one of my all-time favorites (Kodomo no Omocha). Dumb shoujo tends to really get on my nerves, dumb shounen can at least have some decent fights.

Love and Baseball 01

8Kowdljl.jpg

From what I learned, all guys in a baseball team are usually horny or whatever.

It's ok, the drama isn't that heavy and I guess we get decent baseball action.

scy

I usually read a bunch of shoujo and just "fluffy" stuff in general. Generally just read random stuff with those as my preference.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, I'm much less forgiving to dumb shojo than I am to dumb shonen. Most of the time, I'm turned away from shojo series by their synopses because I feel like I've read them already. Usually I turn to other people's impressions to see if they're worthwhile.

I'm usually bummed out by them because love is a theme I like (whether it's familial or romantic), but usually shojo series depict them in stupid and unrealistic ways.

Yeah, I'm much less forgiving to dumb shojo than I am to dumb shonen. Most of the time, I'm turned away from shojo series by their synopses because I feel like I've read them already. Usually I turn to other people's impressions to see if they're worthwhile.

I'm usually bummed out by them because love is a theme I like (whether it's familial or romantic), but usually shojo series depict them in stupid and unrealistic ways.

Probably because the DRAMA in shoujos is so much more melodramatic compared to the bad plots in shonens.

Of course I can only take a shoujo lead being stupid so many times.

scy

I'm super laid back on what I read. I'm also super shallow so if I think it "looks" nice, I'll probably keep reading it.

Also, I get attached easily so ... that helps, I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom