• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTE| Thought it was a smut paradise, it was shounen hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

kasane

Didn't know illegal Rare was from the Nura guy.

He should stick with his strong points and introduce a Yuki-onna.

Yuki-onna is the best girl in nura

Mermaids are never meh.

Seto no Hanayome taught me this.

My hope is for a super Tsurara. That's why I want Illegal Rare to succeed.

seto no hanayome is an exception to the rule. The anime was so fantastic and i laughed till i cried

Dolls Code 01-05

uDoTobP.jpg

It's Danganronpa expect the guys all have violent and distributing pasts, there are no waifus and the main character isn't a dweeb. Oh and I guess no crazy bear and no murders (so far!)

I like it. The main character is shounen to the max, but it's pretty interesting to see everyone's past and the daily exams are definitely interesting.

I'm expecting some twist to blow my mind off though.

kasane

Dolls Code 01-05

It's Danganronpa expect the guys all have violent and distributing pasts, there are no waifus and the main character isn't a dweeb. Oh and I guess no crazy bear and no murders (so far!)

I like it. The main character is shounen to the max, but it's pretty interesting to see everyone's past and the daily exams are definitely interesting.

I'm expecting some twist to blow my mind off though.

no bears no go

oh wait no waifus

fuck that shit

scy

Dolls Code 01-05

So the similarities are it starts with D and involves a school?

Will people eat each other in that manga?

Well one of the things is that they each had a body part removed from them (head, internal organs, arms, legs, penis, heart, memories) and one of them got all of other's and they'll need to find who's the Frankstein in the group and retrieve back their stolen part.

So it's not out of the question amazingly enough!

wonzo

Banned
Well one of the things is that they each had a body part removed from them (head, internal organs, arms, legs, penis, heart, memories) and one of them got all of other's and they'll need to find who's the Frankstein in the group and retrieve back their stolen part.

Okay now that owns. Interest piqued.

scy

Probably should've started with that.

Edit: ...wait, how did one of them lose all of their internal organs?

Welp, I'm caught up on Food Wars and got nothing else to get into. ;/
Any recommedations? I'm a fan of Evangelion, Naruto, Punpun, and The World Only God Knows, if that helps. Thanks!

Wait, just to be sure you are reading this Flowers of Evil and not this one right? Art comment is throwing me off since it has a standard manga art feeling to it.

Aku no Hana? I didn't think anything special about the art. Its pretty good but its pretty generic looking.

I was reading the brother/sister one. >.<
It looked swell, but the plot is... kinda strange. I'll read the other one. lol

wonzo

Banned
Girl's Ride 1-9 END

A nice little one volume story about two girls bonding together through motorcycling. It really reminds me of One Off, the OVA anime series Junichi Sato did for Honda.

Inari 38.2

It's about damn time Inari finally confessed her feelings to Tanbabashi. Sumizome's new haircut really suits her, I approve!

Black Bullet 13-15

I'm sure the flesh wound is nothing for the great sex hair doctor!

Mune ga Naru no wa Kimi no Sei 01-02

Very shoujo.

Oh uh, girl been friends with a guy for some years. Confesses gets rejects but will keep going dokidoki around him.

It's very shoujo. Kinda cute, but not so sure how I feel about it with dun dun dun rival guy who has a past with the boy enters the story.

survivor

Banned
Inari 38.2

It's about damn time Inari finally confessed her feelings to Tanbabashi. Sumizome's new haircut really suits her, I approve!
you are telling me all this time and she still hasn't confessed to him? that incredible fake slowjou pacing

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Horimiya 1-30

A timeline of my reactions to Horimiya:

• Aww, this is adorable!
  • Yep, really enjoying this. Wonder when someone's gonna confess?
  • Someone should probably confess.
  • Gah, almost. Fucking hands.
  • Yo this is turning into Castle.
  • This dad is hilarious
  • They should probably start dati--- oh they're dating. D'awwwwwwww!
  • WHOAH HAIR
  • Someone should really pick this series up. I WANT MORE DAMMIT!

It's pretty damn good you guys.

Its shorter than most other wish-fulfillment fantasies, but its not like its not full of misunderstandings. I mean, they're sitting in her house alone holding hands and dude's not aware she wants the D.

dumbyugi

Shokugeki no Soma 60

Isshiki's 3rd form is revealed. He also looks good in a suit. I like seeing the characters who normally aren't seen together interact.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Shokugeki no Souma

Dat Tadokoro ship tease. Too bad she already lost. Probably.

soma 60

Pretty exciting chapter. Soma even noticed Takumi for once telling him to bring it on. The tournament needs to get here fast. I wish we could time skip fir it just to see their direct matchup.

I thought Shun would do something at least so wasted potential. Isshiki senpai has excellent upper body. Was sad the panel didnt show nothing when the night was at its best for him.

Soma
I kind of want it to go right into the tourney again but I guess a breather chapter about food business with cooking isn't so bad.
Highlights:
Nikumi stalking Yukihara more or less
That shot of Yukihara at night saying he wants to be stronger
Nikumi almost letting the cat out of the bag
Third form (and then off panel fourth)
Cool suit Isshiki-senpai

Jintor

If I wanted to start reading JoJo's, there's no crazy bullshit involved right? Just start at 0 and go, is that correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom