• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTE| Thought it was a smut paradise, it was shounen hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

upandaway

If it didn't fall apart 4/5 of the way in, Usami would be one of the GOAT detective girls. ;_;
I can't really bring to mind any detective manga that didn't have somewhat dodgy climaxes. I always took it for something that comes with the territory. Considering the competition, I thought the story did well enough.

Dresden

I can't really bring to mind any detective manga that didn't have somewhat dodgy climaxes. I always took it for something that comes with the territory. Considering the competition, I thought the story did well enough.

I think the characters fall apart more than the immediate plot, tbh. The way it resolves
Kyousuke/Kyohei
and how Haru goes from Sherlock to Nia really bothers me.

kasane

Remote - 2

8FO68U1.jpg

Sounds like cannibalism

upandaway

I think the characters fall apart more than the immediate plot, tbh. The way it resolves
Kyousuke/Kyohei
and how Haru goes from Sherlock to Nia really bothers me.
Yeah I get what you mean about Haru, but oh well. The journey was entertaining enough that I don't really mind.

scy

Remote 2-10 - I was hoping for better gimmicks for the clues. And, hell, the entire chain of murders is a pretty tried and true one :(

Also:

She leaves her fiancee in a hotel "to go work off our debt." That's like ... the most cliche NTR line ever. The inspector there lost his "ability to feel love" and that only she can "help" him.

all the flags are set, this ship is set for NTR.

kasane

Remote 2-10 - I was hoping for better gimmicks for the clues. And, hell, the entire chain of murders is a pretty tried and true one :(

Also:

She leaves her fiancee in a hotel "to go work off our debt." That's like ... the most cliche NTR line ever. The inspector there lost his "ability to feel love" and that only she can "help" him.

all the flags are set, this ship is set for NTR.

Which is good.

Scy-kun should learn to embrace ntr

Ookiku Furikabutte Vol.08

And there! Another game complete. Nice to see Tajima finally get the hit he was aiming for and for Mahashi to make it through another game.

The downtime chapter was pretty fun too, really feels like the team is becoming that much closer to each other.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Fuuka

I think I must have killed Seo's family in a past life. Why am I still reading his crap after KNIM?

Busaiku

gPhQh9o.png

Tsundere Kaguya is great too.
Poor No. 1, hang in there girl!

VjtlFFv.png

Ahh, brotherly bonding.

I liked these last 4 chapters a lot more.
I felt as though it got a little weaker once the Comic Rex serialization started, and they dropped the 4 panel stuff in the Waai serialization. It got a lot more "serious", but it's returned to the earlier mood lately.

Cerity

Clockwork Planet 1

This is going to be some form of mechanical doll harem. I can feel it in my bones.

Kyuusen no Shima 1

Not sure why

But I like this one already

Given the way it started, I expect lots bared tits and gore.

Lotso tits, not so much gore. She gets healthier and healthier as it goes on.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Kyuusen no shima is kinda garbage, but that enjoyable kind of garbage with a lot of tits and violence.

So basically B-movie, the manga.

scy

Based off my extensive experience with the series (aka, those four pages), I'm not sure how it wouldn't eventually become nonsense.

Kakemakumo, Kashikoki 01-03

Deadbeat guy ends up at a shrine and eats some food lying around managing to marry himself to a fox spirit who was having a marriage at the same time.

So yeah, guy will probably rediscover himself and gain some confidence in life while being married to a fox spirit and I guess probably ends up liking the guy too cause why not.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Kyuusen no Shima

Came for smut. Left with easily the worst manga story I have ever read I mean good god.

It doesn't even have enough smut to justify this level of bad. To Love-ru Darkness, is better than this, in terms of smut and overall narrative.

Lain

Kyuusen no Shima 2-8
I want to post some more pages from Kyuusen, but I don't want to be banned, nor do I want to simply link them because where's the fun in linking a nice spread with all these beautiful women with big boobs and plump asses in a skimpy outfit?
So far, all I've got out of this is that this God's blood is really good for the women, since they are all smoking hot. It's not good for men, but whatever, fuck men.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Kagerou Days 1-20
I like the setting, and wasn't expecting people to be killed off albeit not permanently. The narrative is all over the place, and I still don't know why they established the club. Also I'm pretty sure we went back in time for some reason. The character interactions are kind of boring at this point though. Maybe I'll stick around with it, but I'm sure the answers I want won't come for a while, and I'm not eager to find out anyway.

Lain

Kyuusen no Shima 8-11 [END]
I wasn't expecting a good story, but at least an ending. I guess it was a good troll... or a bad troll.
I got lots of tits and lots of plump butts, I guess I should be happy with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom