• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTE| Thought it was a smut paradise, it was shounen hell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stay Gold - Koi no Lesson A to Z 7
Bhvg-niCcAAcsSH.png

Side story started off odd since Riku was on his 20 girls to date thing, but then it seemed to show clear signs that his best friend was in love with him and was the cause of why people would keep breaking up. The scene asking to have Riku choose him while holding his foot and such was the best in this manga.

Claymore 148
Would have been way too easy when Pris just had died right there but I call bullshit on her getting away and defeating Cassandra without anyone really noticing. RIP Tabitha I guess.

Yep, unless she's got Majin Buu style regen where the cells were so small they couldn't see them (which admittedly is possible in that manga), they should have seen something.

Still really glad with what they did regarding Raki. No BS turn him into a Claymore/Warrior nonsense, just a strategy (albeit a dangerous one) and good sword skill. He turned out to be such an awesome character.

Also appreciated the Isley panels since Yagi jobbed him out way hard to write him out of the story.

Wiseblade

That's 69 volumes of One Piece, 23 volumes of Ultimate Spider-Man (volumes 1-3 are being borrowed by a friend), 9 volumes Fullmetal Alchemist, 4 Volumes of Magi and a bunch of other assorted stuff.

And the less said about my comixology purchase history, the better.

Kurita

That's 69 volumes of One Piece, 23 volumes of Ultimate Spider-Man (volumes 1-3 are being borrowed by a friend), 9 volumes Fullmetal Alchemist, 4 Volumes of Magi and a bunch of other assorted stuff.

You could have bought a lightbulb

Mortemis

Banned
Kingdom 333-336

Finally new chapters. Heki has always been an average commander, nothing special but still gets things done somehow. Also the fuck, Ryuusen and Denyuu are dead? The cuts don't look too deep, we've seen worse injuries so I doubt they are. Either way Futei needs to start saying his dying words.

Kieli

Wow, potatoes have gotten really advanced!

kasane

I wish i had this kind of space. Oh well mine are still in boxes waiting to be arranged

Charade

The translation isn't great but I think the main problem is the length of the chapters. They're short and they just kind of stop randomly. If the pacing improves I could see it being pretty good.

Yeah, it definitely felt disjointed. Maybe the anime can smooth that out. .

The Real Her 7

Into the lion's den.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Depends.

Let's be real, we're ALL shippers at heart, no matter how much we want to deny it. It just how we express our preferences that defines us.

Pretty much. Everybody does it, its just dudes who act embarrassed about it. Its not like I personally know any of you dudes, so what does it matter?

I just think people assume its perverse sexual lust (e.g. real person's attraction to fictional character) when it generally isn't. If I have the opinion that in the Harry Potter series Ginny was a terrible character and an awful pairing for Harry, and that Luna Lovegood made way more sense and would have been 10 times more interesting, it doesn't mean I have the hots for whatever that character looks like in my head. It just means I like that character better.

Hence the war part. When it gets into an actual yelling match. I think by definition those are pretty much always embarrassing.

"Regular" for fun back-and-forth about best girls etc. are just for fun. Serious arguments? :lol

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ShipToShipCombat

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
bu-but chitoge is the best girl

the woes of living in an apartment

Its Onodera's fault for being useless. Tadokoro in SNS is the same character archetype, but not terrible.

Chitoge is best girl :(

I dunno I don't understand people getting super serious to the point of getting annoyed over best waifu. Everyone has their preference.

Inari, Konkon, Koi, Iroha 2-5

Finding this sort of difficult to follow at times, but I'm enjoying it. Feels quite slow though. I'll stick with it for a bit.

Angry Grimace

You want to see a war? Persona 5 is coming out this year.

Lines will be drawn whenever we see the characters.

Angry Grimace

Oh sounds fun.

Now you got me hyped for Persona 5.

Unless all the characters are duds again

Naoto = Mitsuru > Rise > Chie > Yukiko > Fuuka > Yukari

Yes, I know about the non-party waifus but nobody cares about them.

Watashitachi ni wa Kabe ga Aru 01

Girl gets confessed to by childhood friend and she treats it like a joke. So of course, childhood friend will show off how much of a catch he is to said girl.

Also said girl seems to be get pushed up against walls a lot in this series.

It's amusing, but still pretty shoujo. Girl is just slightly better than dumb and does have some spunk at least. The guy is I guess probably perfect which is on par. At least it does seem pretty amusing.

kasane

Watashitachi ni wa Kabe ga Aru 01

Girl gets confessed to by childhood friend and she treats it like a joke. So of course, childhood friend will show off how much of a catch he is to said girl.

Also said girl seems to be get pushed up against walls a lot in this series.

It's amusing, but still pretty shoujo. Girl is just slightly better than dumb and does have some spunk at least. The guy is I guess probably perfect which is on par. At least it does seem pretty amusing.

well of course this happens

i wish they go about it in a different way but what can you do

well of course this happens

i wish they go about it in a different way but what can you do

Well to be fair, it's not like he was stammering, trying to yell it out, he just randomly yelled it at her about it in the middle of the road so that was different.

You gotta think how did he not get run over though.

kasane

Well to be fair, it's not like he was stammering, trying to yell it out, he just randomly yelled it at her about it in the middle of the road so that was different.

You gotta think how did he not get run over though.

the world goes in a different state when you confess your love

you become a superhuman and nothing can get in your way

Angry Grimace

There's definitely a guy licking a foot on this page

Despite the thread being told like 10 times not post things that would get other people fired or mocked at work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom