• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTE| Thought it was a smut paradise, it was shounen hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charade

Akuma no Riddle

I'm having a hard time figuring out whether this is just plain bad or hampered by a terrible translation. Guess the anime will be a better gauge.

dumbyugi

Akuma no Riddle

I'm having a hard time figuring out whether this is just plain bad or hampered by a terrible translation. Guess the anime will be a better gauge.

The translation isn't great but I think the main problem is the length of the chapters. They're short and they just kind of stop randomly. If the pacing improves I could see it being pretty good.

Quasar

Fuuka

I think I must have killed Seo's family in a past life. Why am I still reading his crap after KNIM?

Don't ask me. I'll never understand people who read stuff they don't like.

I've liked Fuuka so far. Well till chapter four. That missed meetup was totally stupid.

Aunt Tits 116

Eh, I'm fine with Minamoto using the cousin as a means to get to her friend, anything more than that is just a sub-optimal route.

Waratte! Sotomura-san 58

I guess Sotomura is not welcome in a school environment.
:(

Cerity

Chocolat v1 - 2

A pleasant series so far. Yakuza member gets out jail to find his old gang has dissolved and his boss has become a pastry chef. The boss' stepdaughter turns up and demands that she can stay at the store, her father went into massive debt and disappeared. The series seems to be dealing with her lifestyle change and the fact the rest of the group are ex-yakuza.

Kyuusen no Shima 8-11 [END]
I wasn't expecting a good story, but at least an ending. I guess it was a good troll... or a bad troll.
I got lots of tits and lots of plump butts, I guess I should be happy with that.

? I don't think this manga has ended.

On that note wow the smut is good, the author can really draw the female body well.

On the other hand the plot is so obtuse and confusing. Also LOL at
Yandere Onee-san

Lain

On that note wow the smut is good, the author can really draw the female body well.

Yandere Onee-san

Just going off what MU says (2 volumes, complete).

Quasar

Yandere Onee-san

I walked away wondering what the hell I just read.

Kikai Shikake no Meldina 1

ShJkRJ0.jpg

FOR THE MOTHERLAND

Meldina Stalina, aka Mechanical Merdina, is a humanity hating machine fanatic from a renowned (and largely dead) family. She stumbles across an oversized, crab-esque machine in a junkyard (which she inspirationally names 'Machina') and, judging from the synopsis, begins an elongated chain of events delving into the sordid history behind her parents' deaths, their family secrets and blah blah blah. I'm pro FeMCs outside of shoujo (it's seinen) so I'll at least be moderately interested in seeing how this progresses, even if the premise doesn't strike me as being anything remarkable.

Akito

Claymore 148
Would have been way too easy when Pris just had died right there but I call bullshit on her getting away and defeating Cassandra without anyone really noticing. RIP Tabitha I guess.

Blue Exorcist 1

Batdan was right this is completely different from the anime, more that the anime added filler fights and comedy to stretch 1 chapter into 2 anime episodes that give you the impression this series is going to be something other then a school shonen fantasy series. I kind of like it in both forms guess I'll have to see how it goes

Lain

Kikai Shikake no Meldina 1

ShJkRJ0.jpg

FOR THE MOTHERLAND

Meldina Stalina, aka Mechanical Merdina, is a humanity hating machine fanatic from a renowned (and largely dead) family. She stumbles across an oversized, crab-esque machine in a junkyard (which she inspirationally names 'Machina') and, judging from the synopsis, begins an elongated chain of events delving into the sordid history behind her parents' deaths, their family secrets and blah blah blah. I'm pro FeMCs outside of shoujo (it's seinen) so I'll at least be moderately interested in seeing how this progresses, even if the premise doesn't strike me as being anything remarkable.

If my name was Merdina, I'd kill myself. Thar cover though is quite inspiring.

Aizo

Banned
Japan Tengu Party Illustrated - Vol. 1-2
I started reading this because Dresden mentioned it was one of his favorites many months ago, I think. I love the art, and it's pretty damn weird.

JoJo Vento Aureo - Vol. 6
It's been a while since I've read JoJo. I had no idea what was going on for a while. I still don't know how I feel about this part. I think I'm leaning towards liking it, but Gold Experience makes no sense to me. It seems to have no limits to its batshit insanity.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
So I started reading this series called "Area D - Inou Ryouiki"

Summary:

The "prison survival action" story is set after the sudden emergence of special powers in certain pockets of humanity. To deal with these so-called "Altered," a mysterious remote island prison named "Area D" was built

I'm about 18 chapters in, it started off seeming it was going to be one of those survival type mangas with a twist but it seems to be a lot more shounen then it let on. So far it's more been battles with superpowers.

The art style looked familiar to me and after a quick look seems the artist for "Defense Devil" draws it.

So yes smut-gaf there is some loose bits of smut in it. Some people have powers which as far as I can tell doesn't work if they're wearing clothes.

Ezalc

JoJo Vento Aureo - Vol. 6
It's been a while since I've read JoJo. I had no idea what was going on for a while. I still don't know how I feel about this part. I think I'm leaning towards liking it, but Gold Experience makes no sense to me. It seems to have no limits to its batshit insanity.

This part features two of the most confusing stands ever. I didn't like Giorno as the protag and the interesting plot point of him being Dio's son is completely over in the first like three chapters. Bruno was a much more interesting character, this was basically Bruno's Bizarre Adventure.

Fuuka 4
I can't believe they are that stupid and blind to not see each other despite being on opposite sides of a not very big statue.

Azanael the Case-Book of ENA 01

aZhUgNQ.png

A wanna be detective finds a gun that grants whatever wish if you play Russian Roulette with it.

Well the premise is pretty interesting. Not much happens in the first chapter besides finding the gun and Miss Wanna-be Detective is a decent-ish character?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
lol at the guy who said he'd leave if there were waifu wars.

Best start believin in waifu wars

YOU'RE IN ONE

For the record, "waifu" is just a euphemism for when men start shipping. I don't see what's really embarassing about it.

K - Days of Blue 5

Perfect plot to give us more Fushimi and Yata, Raw Horsemeat or White Bean Tofu Stew is the best plot point in the series in awhile.

But the bigger reveal was Totsuka Totara's ability. The movie or other animated K materials needs to show it.

scy

Azanael the Case-Book of ENA 01

A wanna be detective finds a gun that grants whatever wish if you play Russian Roulette with it.

Well the premise is pretty interesting. Not much happens in the first chapter besides finding the gun and Miss Wanna-be Detective is a decent-ish character?

...what.

Okay, I guess I'll read this.

lol at the guy who said he'd leave if there were waifu wars.

Best start believin in waifu wars

YOU'RE IN ONE

For the record, "waifu" is just a euphemism for when men start shipping. I don't see what's really embarassing about it.

Shipping wars are always embarrassing.

scy

Hence the war part. When it gets into an actual yelling match. I think by definition those are pretty much always embarrassing.

"Regular" for fun back-and-forth about best girls etc. are just for fun. Serious arguments? :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom