• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTE| Thought it was a smut paradise, it was shounen hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

kasane

H7Nlqgr.jpg

So cheesy

Lol

Green Worldz 13

Giant praying mantis, didnt ever think they would have bug v bug type activity. Really throws things off while making it follow the typical storylines for series in this genre.

Destroyed Century JOXER 1

New series with a good lead character Joker. It has magical talismans or familiars used in an uncommon way with a raven being the best thus far, and a crayfish oddly too. Didnt really introduced the plot thus far but Ill follow.

Dresden

p3

yukari > mitsuru > aigis > fuuka

if jp dub: aigis > yukari > mitsuru > fuuka

disclaimer: all persona 3 girls are wonderful in their own special way*

*leaving out elizabeth to give others a chance**

**she's not even main enough anyways

p4

yukiko > rise > naoto > chie

if I was 18 again: rise > yukiko > naoto > chie

disclaimer: all persona 4 girls with the exception of chie is wonderful*

*chie should have been a boy and a bro**

**yosuke should have been a love interest***

***not necessarily a girl

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Agreed, Yukari sucked. She was alright in battle though I guess. Mitsuru was obviously best girl though (and Akihiko was best guy)

Haven't played P4 yet but Rise's design is the only one I really like. But I also thought Yukari's design was good so that might not mean anything (Aigis had the best design though).

That shojo childhood friend manga Dakku recommended 1
Booooooooring. Why can't they ever use the childhood friend angle right, I'm a sucker for it even

Agreed, Yukari sucked. She was alright in battle though I guess. Mitsuru was obviously best girl though (and Akihiko was best guy)

Haven't played P4 yet but Rise's design is the only one I really like. But I also thought Yukari's design was good so that might not mean anything (Aigis had the best design though).

That shojo childhood friend manga Dakku recommended 1
Booooooooring. Why can't they ever use the childhood friend angle right, I'm a sucker for it even

Best guy and best party member, hands down.

oLX0VUN.jpg

Setting up a twitter account and stalking Ishikawa Emi seems like something I should be doing already.

P4 - Yukiko > not Yukiko

P3 - Elizabeth > not Elizabeth.

scy

Watashitachi ni wa Kabe ga Aru 1 - This is the kind of shitty shoujo setup that I love.

And something I re-read earlier, Matryoshka - Just a sweet one-shot sort of involving a matryoshka doll.

LeleSocho

Banned
ShokuSoma
yay lots of Yoshino pages

Kenichi
bawring

OPM Murata
good drawings

Now if you'll excuse me i'll return dying/sleeping into my bed.

survivor

Banned
Watashitachi ni wa Kabe ga Aru 1 - This is the kind of shitty shoujo setup that I love.

And something I re-read earlier, Matryoshka - Just a sweet one-shot sort of involving a matryoshka doll.

Ando Yuki wrote lots of decent and interesting shoujo oneshots. Beside Matryoshka, my other favourite ones were the one with the red string and the story about umbrellas and rain. I wish she got the opportunity to write a longer story.

scy

Ando Yuki wrote lots of decent and interesting shoujo oneshots. Beside Matryoshka, my other favourite ones were the one with the red string and the story about umbrellas and rain. I wish she got the opportunity to write a longer story.

Yup! I read through them all earlier but Matryoshka felt the most fitting there since it also had a childhood friend aspect to it.

LeleSocho

Banned
hi lelesocho

bye lelesocho
I know i'm sorry but in my condition it's really hard to keep up with the thread... i don't even know if i commentated jump's battle shonens this week.
is kenichi even worth going back into? i dropped it cause its gonna drag on till forever

Don't know where you dropped it but this summer there was a pretty great arc in my opinion, after that it's been a borefest with 2-3 good chapters.

Schoolgirl Landlord Honoka 07

Half the chapter was her trying on swimsuits.

Billion Dogs 13

I didn't expect them to find that.

Spoof on Titan 13

And suddenly party tricks are the new in thing.

NadeNadeShikoShiko 13

That's some dynamic entry.

District Hakkenshi [code:T-8] 13

I expected more deaths before he decided to get serious.

ARAIDOKI 13

Not even sure why anyone even wants to help the attack everything on sight angel.

Can't Ride A Bicycle! 14

Ok, Dynamic Bike Entry got me.

Too Much Booty 03

She will just not give up on the marriage part.

High School Ninja Girl, Otonashi-san 13

Dancing to avoid telling how bad your art is.

In a Heartbeat 12

Well good for them to finally start making this relationship an actual thing. Maybe.

Logick 10

He has friends!

Girl and Car on the Beat 10

Love of the police car trumps getting a better paying job.

Milk on the Farm 03

And out of nowhere the yuri route is unlocked.

Tawara Cat 01

And so starts the journey of a lonely cat girl.

Student Council ~ Total Takeover! 01

And suddenly the student council table tennis club is form.

Destroyed Century JOXER 01

So something about I guess captured creatures used as whatever. I guess it interested me enough.

scy

Iinazuke Kyoutei 14 - Huh, the backstory for the crazy blonde girl. Man, it's pretty sweet actually.

And then she grew up into a crazy pervert.

bigkrev

Oh, are we rankinG Persona characters?

P3
Akihiko >>>>>>>>> Mitsuru>Yukari>Ken(I really enjoyed his Social Link and his usefulness, but otherwise hate him)>Aigas>Shinji>Fuuka>Junpei

Oh, and FeMC is a billion times better than MaMC.

P4

Naoto>Yukiko>Chie>Teddie>Rise>Yosuke>Kanji

Altus didn't put a FeMC in because all the guys, with the exception of the dashing Dojima, are people you would never want to date

Wiseblade said:
And the less said about my comixology purchase history, the better.

I have spent hundreds in there. It's kinda scary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom