• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTE| Thought it was a smut paradise, it was shounen hell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excuse me I will only be eaten by an cute imouto.

image.php

Close enough?

D-Frag 29
The power of Takao's boobs

D-Frag 30
A cute rendition that story of Momotaro with Funabori as Momotaro and the rest of the cast in silly roles

D-Frag 31
Poor Pukey and dat text quiz

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
I didn't bother playing The Answer since I hated Persona 3. I only finished it because I had already invested so much time into it that I thought I'd be better off just getting everything I could and then never touch it again.

What I will say is that I liked not being in control of my party. I liked having to plan around their potential fuckups. I'm a fan of strategy, so I ended up just looking at it from that perspective.

edit: welp that was an edit

scy

What I will say is that I liked not being in control of my party. I liked having to plan around their potential fuckups. I'm a fan of strategy, so I ended up just looking at it from that perspective.

I didn't mind it too much (TENTARAFOO) but it felt unnecessary to do it that way. It didn't add much to the complexity of the game and it was usually just faster to make sure my MC could solo everything.

Dresden

Feels intentional in a 'learn to trust coworkers even if they cast diarahan on the final boss' kinda way like it was thematically consistent with the rest of the game, tbh

but it's annoying enough that it's like, fuck it.

scy

Yeah, it felt more like a theme thing than really a "for the better of the game" decision.

But eh, it's not like the games were hard enough to make it matter much in the end. Just more of an annoying factor.

After finishing all of Waratte! in one sittting I want to read more cute/comedy 4-koma stuff.

Suggestions?

Yandere Kanojo, Doujin Work, Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun.

dumbyugi

After finishing all of Waratte! in one sittting I want to read more cute/comedy 4-koma stuff.

Suggestions?

B Gata H Kei
Azumanga Daioh
K-on!
Silva
Gokicha
Hirameki Hatsume-chan
Kill Me Baby
Wakabayashi Toshiya's 4-koma Collection
Working!!
Yandere Kanojo
Yuyushiki
Doujin Work
Aho Girl
Mangaka-san to Assistant-san to

Feels intentional in a 'learn to trust coworkers even if they cast diarahan on the final boss' kinda way like it was thematically consistent with the rest of the game, tbh

but it's annoying enough that it's like, fuck it.

To be fair, that's more of being charmed than Yukari being stupid.

I mean I did get used to how my party was probably useless at times. It at least was more rage inducing than P4.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
I didn't mind it too much (TENTARAFOO) but it felt unnecessary to do it that way. It didn't add much to the complexity of the game and it was usually just faster to make sure my MC could solo everything.
Yeah, you might be right. By the end I was soloing with the protagonist too, even though I trained up everyone in my party to the 70s or whenever you learn all their skills. Sometimes having a specific persona or two nullified the need for another party member, and it'd definitely make battles go faster (the speed of battles was such a pain in the first place, I wish there was a way to disable battle animations).

I think I also liked it from a narrative aspect: though the protagonist is the leader and can give out orders, he can't force his teammates to react exactly as he wants them to.

scy

B Gata H Kei
Azumanga Daioh
K-on!
Silva
Gokicha
Hirameki Hatsume-chan
Kill Me Baby
Wakabayashi Toshiya's 4-koma Collection
Working!!
Yandere Kanojo
Yuyushiki
Doujin Work
Aho Girl
Mangaka-san to Assistant-san to

I feel like I should take notes here.

I think I also liked it from a narrative aspect: though the protagonist is the leader and can give out orders, he can't force his teammates to react exactly as he wants them to.

Yeah, it definitely feels more like a thematic choice. Ultimately, it's just a minor gripe for me though.

Plus, Tentarafoo. Never forget.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member

Suggestions?
Read Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun first. It's necessary.
Yandere Kanojo is also great. Bonus points for having a plot and developing it.
Wakabayashi Toshiya's 4-koma Collection is hilarious, it's romcom but it focuses on a new couple every chapter. Some chapters revisit previous couples.
Silver Nina is cute and sometimes funny. Mostly just cute. It's like Usagi Drop except without the icky romance.
so far

If you want comedy/slice of life that isn't necessarily in 4-koma format, try Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru or Silver Spoon.

Theonik

Beloved Jennifer
Sasuga Sayman-sama.
Pretty much all 4 pages of it felt like his work for better or for worse.
Now I have no experience with splatterhouse but that was still p.funny/weird.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Machi de Uwasa no Tengu no Ko 10-11
Well, at least she's starting to feel jealous over Shun having the beginnings of a close friendship with someone who just so happens to be a girl. Said girl is the daughter of someone he idolizes, even. The faster she drops the flippant Takeru for the superior Shun, the better.

Her dad is pretty awesome too. His story about how her mom breastfed both her and Shun kind of grosses me out, because if it's to that point and they've been friends for that whole time, it makes me feel like they're adoptive siblings instead of potential love interests.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom