• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTE| Thought it was a smut paradise, it was shounen hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Uwagaki 1

yvSTvTv.png

Huh.

Story about a girl and a boy. Boy likes girl, but girl has boyfriend. Some science guy comes in and does the sensible thing, namely separating the girl into two copies so the boy can date one. Why? FOR SCIENCE.

Interesting setup to say the least. I like the art a lot too.

Kyuur

Magi

Sooooo gooooood. Solomon's character is far better than I thought it would be.

By the design, Aladdin is definitely meant to be the direct lineage of Solomon.

Flow: Reflux 36

I wonder what the writer is thinking as the situation is evolving a bit too fast. Giving us the reveal that one character did not die like we thought is fairly unexpected but a bit too early. It seems like something that would happen in part 3.

Mendrox

New ToLoveRu Darkness Spoilers were too much for me. I don't know how Yabuki gets away with it, but there is straight pussy into your face this chapter. He even used Rito clones to nearly rape Nana and Momo like in these Ishikei Doujins. Wut.

Attack on Titan Before the Fall 4

I thought he was far more competent at fighting than the brother, so to lose his eye was just an odd turn of events. He even dodged the first move.

Since it seems it will be an abandoned project, I will continue when the novel comes here.

I would like a shojo about the ultimate gamer unknowingly crushing on his online death rival

nevermind this younger sister or bl stuff, let's kickstart this mother

We do have a set of gamers falling in love unwittingly in Sore wa Totsuzen, Unmei no Aite ga.

Theonik

The Voynich Hotel 01-10
This is quite lovely so far. Oozing with charm in ways only a Dowman Seiman work can.
For people unfamiliar with his work it might be very weird at first hell, even if you are familiar with his work it's still weird, though that's part of the point.
The manga takes place in a fictional hotel in a tropical island where the main character is on vacation from Japan.
In that hotel, there are various story threads as each very odd inhabitant lives their tale. Again in typical Dowman fashion the story is laced in witty dark humour and perhaps crude jokes, and might be difficult to follow without the right mindset, but it does 'story within a story' right.
The art is also nice especially if you are a fan of Dowman's style.
I will give a trigger warning though that there is a lot of gore and 'deviancy' in that manga so if either turns you off it's probably not for you.
If not and especially if you've enjoyed any of Dowman's previous works you will love this!

New ToLoveRu Darkness Spoilers were too much for me. I don't know how Yabuki gets away with it, but there is straight pussy into your face this chapter. He even used Rito clones to nearly rape Nana and Momo like in these Ishikei Doujins. Wut.
Super Interesting Darkness getting more and more Super Intersting.

scy

...well, uh.

scy

That reminds me, why am I still reading Remote.

Hyakujuu no Ou ni Tsugu! - Typical high school girl x older guy stuff happens it's cheesy. The side story is cute.

Kieli

Magi

Solomon has an Aladdin-look (or maybe vice-versa) going on, which is pretty cool. Not digging the fact that he grows up into a Sinbad expy (or should I say the reverse?).

scy

to be fair i think this is just straight up cheating

im not too far in though, around chapter 29 i think

That's true. I don't think it's actually a case of leaving either. Well, maybe. It's not like the fiancee is even a relevant character.

It's just easier to call it NTR route.

kasane

That's true. I don't think it's actually a case of leaving either. Well, maybe. It's not like the fiancee is even a relevant character.

It's just easier to call it NTR route.

well the author keeps showing him so i think there will be something

maybe

scy

To be fair, Sore wa Totsuzen, Unmei no Aite ga isn't the manga that AlabastreAizo was talking about (or, rather, doesn't have that plot point).

Though now I want to find that one. It sounds familiar, though I'm not sure if it's actually real or if it's just wishful thinking.

kasane

To be fair, Sore wa Totsuzen, Unmei no Aite ga isn't the manga that AlabastreAizo was talking about (or, rather, doesn't have that plot point).

Though now I want to find that one. It sounds familiar, though I'm not sure if it's actually real or if it's just wishful thinking.

i somehow think its familliar too

Aunt Tits 101-116

Can't say I was too much of a fan of yandere teacher, and I kinda wish there'd be a new girl instead of going back to the cousin, but I'm still enjoying it.

i did

fucking dakkun pointing out the obvious

only have to make sure

If it was a shoujo, I'm sure all the plot points just blend together into one flowery mess

Lain

Yabuki is the hero we deserve.

It's finally time for doujins and manga to cross streams.

Magi

Aladdin is a girl confirmed :p

So Aladdin is the son of Solomon and Sheba. Aladdin must be really old. After watching Magi episode Sheba reminds me a bit of Mogamett with her attitude.

scy

Rin 1-5 - Started this due to seeing it mentioned in the thread.

Also, it's a fairly cliche setup but Taki's manga reminded me of Hatsukoi Shinjuu.

The pacing is so slow though.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Super Interesting Darkness, also known as To-Love-Ru Darkness (nsfb) is the trashiest one I can think of at the top of my head. I generally don't read them

scy

Kimi wa Midara na Boku no Joou 9 - There's so many things wrong with things that happened.

On the other hand, little sister route.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom