• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTE| Thought it was a smut paradise, it was shounen hell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seraph of the End 12

Well the drugging up part made me chuckle a bit fortunately its candy but it just seemed so odd considering the situation.

Powerful and surprising chapter, doesnt really seem like something most writers would ever think to do at chapter 12, maybe in the second or so year of serialization but not this soon. Guren taking the hit was painful enough but then the fated reunion that Ive waited for so many months for only to end up in such a dire situation...its like my fears for the eventual SasuNaru final fight of such. As they say in DeSu2 Lets Survive.

kasane

One Piece vol 1 is like a completely different manga. Seriously, your mind would be blown reading vol 1 and 69 back to back.

well if my memory servers me right the first volume was more of an adventure comedy and it was lighthearted. Definitely different from the latter volumes

Wiseblade

well if my memory servers me right the first volume was more of an adventure comedy and it was lighthearted. Definitely different from the latter volumes
" Lighthearted Adventure Comedy" is how I would categorise modern OP too. But the tone then and now feel worlds apart.

I'm talking specifically about volume 1. By the Baratie arc, the core of the series had been established and everything since had been building on top of that. Maybe it's just the impression/illusion that Nep Ece could have gone in any number of directions.

charsace

Moteki

Read some Moteki. The girls aren't shitty, but they do play around with the protagonist in a bad way at times and get over on him because they realize its easy.

Nisekoi 112
Bh1MEZRCYAA0SIu.png

meganeRaku, fantastic chapter, needed more panels like that.

Miki needs a few more chapters.

Kurita

I haven't bought a One Piece volume in a while, stopped at volume 62. I'm kind of tempted to stop reading the scans and just go back to reading the volumes.
Is my wallet ready though.

All You Need Is Kill 7

Art feels a bit of a different level for a weekly series, perhaps its why its on break next week. Still at least seeing him interact on the battlefield even after 150 loops made him seem as if he became a bit more social and concerned of others instead of a loner on this one man time loop mission.

kasane

All You Need Is Kill 7

Art feels a bit of a different level for a weekly series, perhaps its why its on break next week. Still at least seeing him interact on the battlefield even after 150 loops made him seem as if he became a bit more social and concerned of others instead of a loner on this one man time loop mission.

I wonder how the movie will turn out

Shokugeki no Soma 1

The one shot definitely intrigued me, so I went forward with it. Good first chapter, providing decent back story. Waifu next chapter.

And I also need more shelves. I have around 30 homeless manga volumes in my room, heart-breaking.

Nah, I don't buy a lot of manga compared to some people I know.

I guess I just get jelly at whatever you get anyway

The covers are in general pretty good but the story wasn't bad either (well, I enjoyed it, what with the story being about a girl and her harem, more or less).

Sounds good enough to be interested in it.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Shokugeki no Soma 1

The one shot definitely intrigued me, so I went forward with it. Good first chapter, providing decent back story. Waifu next chapter.

If you read the one shot, you already know which waifu is the best.

I dunno, blonde tsundere with big boobs. You're gonna have to convince me otherwise...

Bro. You're a bro.

But Tadokoro is pretty close. See, Ch. 6.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom