• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTE| Thought it was a smut paradise, it was shounen hell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stealth Symphony 2
Bh0l521CMAEeavS.png:large

Loved the colour page, it looked at like a painting of sorts. Souya is an interesting character for the assassins side, I wonder if we will get a Souya Troma teamup some day for a joint mission beyond just another hit on Jig.

Comedy about the pickpocket street, lol.

scy

Rin, up to 15 - It's like Bakuman but more interesting since it throws out the business talk. And then there's bird bro.

And finally getting to the interesting stuff between the two leads. Now will I get to see this end...

TRUST ME I KNOW MY HAREMSHITS.

I'm sorry.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Good to see more people reading Rin.

Not good to see what this thread is currently devolving into.

Zai x 10 1-14
Best magical girl. Heroine of the molester arc is pretty awesome too

Thanks for all your suggestions of mangas that will make me hate myself, even though I'll still read them.

Also, anything else out of smut GAF worth reading?

Kettch

Uwagaki

The real star of this series.
OpBgkM9.jpg

Reminds me a more serious/mature Kokoro Connect. Really good stuff. Thanks for the recommendation Antiwhippy.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Orange 10
So he still is at least thinking about suicide, even if he's hopefully not on the verge of committing it like last time. I wonder how much her friends overheard. They definitely heard how he's thought of suicide, but did they hear about the letters?

upandaway

Magi

Getting excited. I wasn't really ready for the full package of a new cast so this is a bit overwhelming, but this is gonna be good.

Viz did an update on the state of their manga and anime here and abroad in an interview.
Any particular titles that have been doing well the past six months?
We’ve seen a nice increase our core series: in Naruto partially due to streaming on Hulu. We saw nice increases in One Piece, with its anniversary and celebrating the 300 million copies worldwide. Also some of our newer series like Nisekoi and Tiger and Bunny, Happy Marriage, all started off well for us. And overseas, in England and down under, the staples are the same but also with Death Note and Vagabond still doing well. Blue Exorcist Volume 1 is still a strong performer for us and remained a high selling volume 1 for us in the manga category even into 2012 and 2013

I wonder how big did they want Magi to even be.
Last year we released Magi, which is fantasy shonen. Fans have been demanding it and since the streaming began in America, our manga sales are pretty good but we know that could have been better if we were able to coincide the manga release with the anime release.

In that case, the anime was out first. Sales are going well, but we absolutely know they could have been better if there wasn’t a lag between the two releases.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom