• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTE| Thought it was a smut paradise, it was shounen hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charade

Shibuya District, Maruyama Neighborhood: After School by Okazaki Mari

ZQA.jpg

A yuri two-parter about a high school girl who faces bullying with a smile and her development as she befriends the headstrong loner. Second part in particular gave me some Catcher in the Rye vibes, them being aimless runaways and all. There were also some pretty memorable lines in this one in terms of readability, which is pretty rare even in good translations.

The Box of Letters by Takahashi Mako

Girl delivers school papers to her fellow classmate after she skips due to bullying, bonding ensues (no, not that kind). About half-way through I realized I may have read this one before and the ending confirmed my suspicions. So good.

Just the Two of Us (Futari dake) by Mountain Pukuichi

Imagine Koe no Katachi, make it yuri, and make Ishida the good guy from the beginning. Somewhat unsatisfying ending aside, I enjoyed this one. Bonus points for the unintentionally hilarious fight scene.

neoanarch

Chimoguri Ringo to Kingyobachi Otoko Vol.03

Oh wow, worse than getting cancelled is if the whole magazine just shuts down.

Besides that, really great chapter. Really helped developed the characters the whole match was pretty fun too.

Fuck. I read that last chapter but skipped that TL. Terrible, horrible news.

Daidai wa, Hantoumei ni Nidonesuru

This is by the same artist but it feels like a oneshot, it might be ongoing but I'm not sure. The chapter was scanned last month and it has the same great art and creepy vibe.

Shiinake no Hitobito 25

Well huh I enjoyed this last chapter. The look into the main character's past was pretty interesting especially with how he need the ninja girl before. Definitely painted him in a new light for me.

The ending was a bit rushed though it was still a pretty enjoyable read.

I keep telling myselg I should really begin this series one of these days, seems to be a lot of fun.

Akito

Chimoguri Ringo to Kingyobachi Otoko Vol. 2 & 3

Damn. I had no idea that the magazine this was published in was cancelled over a year ago leaving this incomplete. That's pretty fucking tragic. Such an imaginative, weird and interesting manga this has been and it was only getting better too. I'm pretty bummed after finding out about this but at least the remaining chapters were great including the one-shots. It'd be awesome to see Youichi Abe to continue working on this at some point and I hope to see more of his works translated because I've definitely become a fan from what little I've read from him.

Great manga for people looking for something a little unique but the fact that it's incomplete is pretty unfortunate.
I was waiting for this to end so it's time to jump in I guess
:(

upandaway

D-Frag (whatever chapter is the equivalent of episode 9)

Kazama's sister is pretty great, haha. As expected of orange, not surprising. Also, smooth hair Mizu basically upended my entire worldview.

There really isn't enough Mizu in this.

Akito

Boku Girl 9
Geez, that editing was horrible [/occupational disease]. I'm expecting Loki to pop up anytime to ruin it for troll Mizuki.

Jintor

kongou banchou 45-61

The best thing about these ridiculous fight manga where defeating people means friendship is that they're really easy to pick up again after a long break.

Chimoguri Ringo to Kingyobachi Otoko 13-End (21)
-___- Damn magazine got cancelled JUST when it was getting super interesting (not the pervy interesting, the actual interesting). Hoping Abe Youichi -sensei picks it up again...then again, it has been a year since serialization ended. Such a shame.

D-Frag 45-55
All hail the little sister element. Kazama being the wind element makes sense somehow. This grand tournament is pretty fun with all these new characters especially the other Taka- girl who absorbs luck through sighs. Also didn't realize their board game could be completed in one roll. About par for this manga

Shiinake no Hitobito, up to 18 -

I approve!

Story so far is so-so. I guess it's trying to be serious. Not much left, though, so I guess it got a sudden case of axed.

Oh yeah, totally. You can tell later on with everyone's favorite method, TIME SKIP!

scy

Yeah. There was a time limit mentioned earlier so it has a lot of time.

Just not enough chapters.

Well, off to the end I guess.

scy

oh god I've been thrown under the bus

Shiinake no Hitobito 19 - I'm actually happy that this drama resolved itself this way. Back to the gag route.

Yeah. There was a time limit mentioned earlier so it has a lot of time.

Just not enough chapters.

Well, off to the end I guess.

Well the chapters are pretty long so it's not like the not enough chapters completely apply here!

It got six volumes which is pretty good enough for a series (these days)

scy

Shiinake no Hitobito 24 - I was going to not say anything until I finished but ... ... ... that's certainly one way for Mutsuki to full recover.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom