• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTE| Thought it was a smut paradise, it was shounen hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

scy

Yeah, I really didn't care all that much for the whole "scandal" of it.

How could you be missing out on all these waifu warz!

"You'll be in a world of pain"

laziness ;___;

One of these days! Just for the delicious waifus.

So i've hear but I still have to read it. Still, josei slice-of-life will probably feel... less intense/cute/funny/innocently hot ?

There's a few of us reading it (Stretch). It's ... interesting so far. Not enough has happened to say much, I guess.

kasane

Yeah, I really didn't care all that much for the whole "scandal" of it.

laziness ;___;

One of these days! Just for the delicious waifus.

There's a few of us reading it (Stretch). It's ... interesting so far. Not enough has happened to say much, I guess.

YOU HAVEN'T STARTED SOMA?

I THOUGHT WE WERE BEST FRIENDS

Kieli

Nanatsu no Taizai 68 - Guess we're delaying their deaths a chapter or so while Gowther gets his fight.

If anything, I fear that Nakaba is going too fast. He's on continual warp-speed and I'm afraid it's going to end really soon or something. :'(

scy

If anything, I fear that Nakaba is going too fast. He's on continual warp-speed and I'm afraid it's going to end really soon or something. :'(

Isn't the manga super popular? Doubt it's ending anytime soon.

And I was just making a joke about how fast Hauser and Geera are going to get killed off now that they've defected.

Kieli

Isn't the manga super popular? Doubt it's ending anytime soon.

And I was just making a joke about how fast Hauser and Geera are going to get killed off now that they've defected.

That's true in general, but Nakaba is certainly not guilty of time-dilation plot progression like Kubo-one-panel-has-more-emotion-than-all-of-One-Piece or Naoshi-why-is-Raku-so-popular.

Kadokawa's 'ComicWalker' App Will Offer Manga in English

U0rKslol.jpg

Japanese publisher Kadokawa announced on Monday that its upcoming web comic service "ComicWalker" will launch on March 22 with manga in Japanese, English, and traditional Chinese.

The service will be available on smartphones and PCs, and will feature approximately 200 different works for free. When the service first launches, it will include 40 translated works, and Kadokawa will continue to add more titles as time goes on. The publisher is also working to translate the app's menu.

The service will feature 150 past and present works, including Kei Sanbe's Boku dake ga Inai Machi, Atto's Non Non Biyori, Eishi Ōzeki's Nobunaga the Fool, Mine Yoshizaki's Sgt. Frog, and Takuma Morishige's Tonari no Seki-kun manga. The service will also feature around 50 original titles, and Kadokawa plans to release the original titles in collected book form under a new label.

Past titles will include Yoshiyuki Sadamoto's Neon Genesis Evangelion and Yoshikazu Yasuhiko's Gundam: The Origin manga, and Kadokawa will release both titles on ComicWalker in a full-color version.

This is actually pretty interesting if it actually works or whatever.

Gonna be interesting to see what is actually available and translated too.

survivor

Banned
Litchi☆Hikari Club
oh my, all the gore of heads crushed, stomachs opened, faces ripped, and bodies torn in half all coming together in the blood bathed downfall of the club. Way too absurd and entertaining over the top violent love story between a machine and a human, and a group of psychos.

Shiinake no Hitobito 25

Well huh I enjoyed this last chapter. The look into the main character's past was pretty interesting especially with how he need the ninja girl before. Definitely painted him in a new light for me.

The ending was a bit rushed though it was still a pretty enjoyable read.

Kadokawa's 'ComicWalker' App Will Offer Manga in English

http://i.imgur.com/U0rKslol.jpg[/IG]

This is actually pretty interesting if it actually works or whatever.

Gonna be interesting to see what is actually available and translated too.[/QUOTE]

Poor vertical for gundam origin, and viz for neon genesis evangelion...I think it probably wont be a service like mangabox available to those in america or europe, will be surprised if Im dead wrong.

D-Frag 41-44
The gaming tournament arc begins and ends with the console. Kusshi-senpai is great. Then, Roka depressed from not getting to play and then we meet Roka's little sister though she isn't as nearly cute as the other girls even Kusshi who has a creepy face

Soma

Chimoguri Ringo to Kingyobachi Otoko 13-14 + Oneshots

DELICIOUS DARK SKIN BLOOD DIVER

This manga just gets better and better. Also holy crap that chapter was creepy.

The two one-shots included were pretty good too, especially the "Hell" one.

Chimoguri Ringo to Kingyobachi Otoko 13-14 + EX1-2

The wild blood diver is interesting. Very interesting.

I liked the two one shots as well. The Hell one was pretty interesting.

Everything's interesting!

scy

Shiinake no Hitobito 1-6 - It felt like forever getting to this point. If this were a longer series, I'd say this is where battle manga starts but I don't think it'll go down that road entirely.

Soma

Chimoguri Ringo to Kingyobachi Otoko Vol. 2 & 3

Damn. I had no idea that the magazine this was published in was cancelled over a year ago leaving this incomplete. That's pretty fucking tragic. Such an imaginative, weird and interesting manga this has been and it was only getting better too. I'm pretty bummed after finding out about this but at least the remaining chapters were great including the one-shots. It'd be awesome to see Youichi Abe to continue working on this at some point and I hope to see more of his works translated because I've definitely become a fan from what little I've read from him.

Great manga for people looking for something a little unique but the fact that it's incomplete is pretty unfortunate.

Soma

Wow, this artstyle is godlike

It's pretty legit:

I'm not normally someone who likes to push things in order to get people into them but this is an exception for me. Good art style, charming characters, weird story and atmosphere. Just a lot of things I love in manga and I think others would be able to appreciate as well. Just sucks that this never got finished.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom