• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTL| Not a lick of constructive conversation here

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Ocha Nigosu ("A Badboy drinks Tea") is astounding. All the heart of "Kyou kara Ore wa!!" continued.
2. Ai Yazawa drew two pages of manga in January?!?!

Wiseblade

Seven Deadly Sins 6

Oh hey, I remember that! Yeah, from when Piccolo pulled the same trick on imperfect Cell. It was cooler then, though.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Berserk

Oh yea thats how he decided his GH form too IIRC.

Its not hard to find especially given that Akito just gave out the info. :p

Yea he just linked me to a download. Anyway after giving it a bit of thought I can see why it was cut.
If the God is made up of all humanity's negatives then it would stand that there would be one made up of all it's positives.
Which is why I think he had it cut, it put the question in our minds too early. I have a feeling that the chapter's a big hint as to how Gutts will eventually beat Griffith if I'm right.

Berserk 286-290

The naval battle itself was pretty boring, but it was a nice way of showing Rodrick's capabilities. Unlike Fernese's brother, he's obviously not useless. The part with Puck was a bit weird, though. The mere thought of him having any kind of power is ridiculous.

survivor

Banned
Apollo's Song
9Kn1TRj.jpg
13Qty4H.jpg

Good Tezuka. An engrossing tale of a man punished for eternity to fall in love with the same woman again and again in different generations, but just as he is about to have his happy ending, he will have his love ripped from him as he perishes and gets reborn again in a different era.

There were few stupid moments where characters acted ridiculously stupid, but I learned to ignore that as most of these stories are supposed to blend reality with fantasy (probably Shogo's hallucinations). There was also some very impressive background art and double spreads by Tezuka which I haven't seen in his previous manga that I read. The story had some problematic pacing issues in the middle, but that's mostly cause I wished Shogo jumped into different eras more often.

Fidelis Hodie

Infidelis Cras
Rereading One Piece in volume form.

One Piece
VOL 1.

Honestly, I gotta say from chapter 1 I've always been absolutely hooked. Watching Luffy stab himself in the face was always a giant "WTF" as a kid and it still resonates. And then of course there's this incredible panel . .

So bad ass. So poignant.

I've also wondered about why Shanks didn't just emporer's haki before his arm got eaten, but reading it again it reads just fine. In my head, he gets there just in time to save Luffy, then the haki seems to be triggered once he's safe. Doesn't bother me in the slightest, and let's be honest, one armed Shanks is so much cooler than two armed.

It's also incredible remembering the first time I read this way back when. Weird nostalgia flashbacks. It makes me really want to start Bleach, Naruto, Fullmetal Alch., HxH and Rurouni Kenshin over too, specifically in volume form.

exarkun

So I have been reading Nurarihyon No Mago, anyone else reading it? I like it, even if it is a bit simple sometimes. Has it already ended?

Also, History's Strongest Disciple realllly has gotten bogged down by the enormous fight that's been going on. I really didn't care about the Rimi/Miu fight because Miu is boring and she doesn't loose. Finally it perked up with the new development, and I liked Takeda's fight, but gotdamn that girl fight really killed the flow of the story.

upandaway

So I have been reading Nurarihyon No Mago, anyone else reading it? I like it, even if it is a bit simple sometimes. Has it already ended?
It starts out okay but something happens a little further in and it becomes really fun. I like it.

I waited on the final chapters to read them all together, but so much time passed that I forgot too many things. Gotta refresh myself and read the ending.

Akito

is there a taiko drum manga/anime? if there is please respond!!!
Kingyo Sou
In the spring of her second year in high school, Asuka sees Masami playing Japanese drums in a festival, and she falls in love with him. However, Masami is deaf, and he has locked his heart in a world without sound. And thus, the two’s melancholic love miracle quietly begins. This is a pure love story in the middle of summer that will make your heart ache.
Yeah...

There should be a official Taiko no Tatsujin manga somewhere but I don't think that's a viable choice either.

So I have been reading Nurarihyon No Mago, anyone else reading it? I like it, even if it is a bit simple sometimes. Has it already ended? .

I read the first chapter and then all the color chapters that comprise its conclusion (manga ended at the start of this year). Will start it and go through it chronologically after I finish the anime dub I guess.

survivor

Banned
Happy Marriage whatever

Yeah, this is getting dropped. Chiwa's cute face can only carry this manga for so long. The awful mix of bland drama and bad shoujo tropes are stopping me from enjoying it.

Next shoujo on the list is Please Save My Earth. I hope it doesn't end up disappointing me.

Akito

But the taikous are so cute in the games.
They should do a Polar Bear Cafe-like anime with them.
I was referring to the lack of a translated version, at when it comes to the manga. There seems to be an anime and it got fully subbed, too.

Tacitus_

Alright, it seems like it was chapter Chapter 83 ("God of the Abyss (2)" before getting cut and become "Armour To The Heart"). It's a direct conversation between Griffith and God, pretty insightful stuff. But I did read it back in the day without even realizing it.

The Idea of Evil to be exact.

Atredeus

Neo Member

Since everyone else already answered the ending questions... It gets better once the typical shonen stuff kicks in. Never really clicked for me as a slice-of-life. Marathonned it sometime late last year.

Yea he just linked me to a download. Anyway after giving it a bit of thought I can see why it was cut.
If the God is made up of all humanity's negatives then it would stand that there would be one made up of all it's positives.
Which is why I think he had it cut, it put the question in our minds too early. I have a feeling that the chapter's a big hint as to how Gutts will eventually beat Griffith if I'm right.

I think it gave away Griffith's reasoning and attempt to justify his choice of sacrificing everyone way too early tbh.

Berserk 286-290

The naval battle itself was pretty boring, but it was a nice way of showing Rodrick's capabilities. Unlike Fernese's brother, he's obviously not useless. The part with Puck was a bit weird, though. The mere thought of him having any kind of power is ridiculous.

It could be he actually doesn't know but i think he might be obfuscating stupidity

Wiseblade

I can't believe we've gone through a quarter of the thread without doing a "what are you reading?" update.

Currently
One Piece
Naruto
Beelzebub
Food Smut
Haikyu
Magi
Rage Town
One-Punch Man
Yamada and the 7 Witches
Yotsuba
Hajime no Ippo
Silver Spoon
The World God Only Knows
Baby Steps

Catching Up
Berserk
The Seven Deadly Sins
Pumpkin Scissors

Taking a break
TLR Darkness
Medaka Box
Nisekoi

Dropped
Bleach
Claymore
Fairy Tail
Iris Zero

Hiatus
Highschool of the Dead
HiatusxHiatus

Plan to Read
Yokohama Shopping Trip
Toriko

There's probably stuff I'm forgetting though, so expect this to get retconned.

survivor

Banned
Currently Reading

A Bride's Story
Again!!
Deadman Wonderland
Gisele Alain
Prunus Girl
Goodnight Punpun
Ran and the Gray World
Yotsuba

Marathoning

20th Century Boys
Number Five
Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou

Waiting for Translations

A Girl by the Sea
REAL

Dropped

Ai Kora
Akumetsu
Beelzebub
Bleach
Blood Lad
Crime Zone
Fairy Tail
Happy Marriage
Hetakoi
Highschool of the Dead
Iris Zero
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 2: Battle Tendency
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 7: Steel Ball Run
Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai
Kamisama no Iutoori
Kimi no Iru Machi
Koe de Oshigoto!
Kurogane
Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic
Medaka Box
Minamoto-kun Monogatari
Naruto
Nisekoi
No.6
Nozoki Ana
Onani Master Kurosawa
One Piece
Papa no Iukoto wo Kikinasai!: Rojou Kansatsu Kenkyuukai Nisshi
Rock Lee no Seishun Full-Power Ninden
Sora no Otoshimono
SWOT
Toriko
Trinity Seven: 7-nin no Mahoutsukai

upandaway

I don't understand how you guys can keep track of the mangas you read.
It's about time you guys learned to use MU. It's such a godsend.

I can't believe we've gone through a quarter of the thread without doing a "what are you reading?" update.
Holy crap, we haven't gotten an Ippo chapter in forever. I forgot it existed.

Anyways my reading list is currently a big trigometricularistic time-space quantum mess: I'm a couple chapters behind on at least a third of it. This always happens to me in this time of year as I play more games than read manga, gearing up to that event. I'll probably do a round up sometime after E3. But here it is anyway!

Kusagari

I read too many manga.

I'm running through JoJo right now, plan on starting Part 5 tonight or tomorrow, and still need to finally start Silver Spoon.

Akito

Anyways my reading list is currently a big trigometricularistic time-space quantum mess: I'm a couple chapters behind on at least a third of it. This always happens to me in this time of year as I play more games than read manga, gearing up to that event. I'll probably do a round up sometime after E3. But here it is anyway!
Tons of 10s, one 9 and a 3 for FT, I lol'ed.

Oh yeah, I use MU to keep track of new releases and just recently MAL to organize and rate what I've read since the interface of MU is kinda a pain in the ass for that purpose.
150 series on the reading list *sigh*

Stinky

I also have a lot of manga, here is my mangaupdates page:

Reading list

Feel free to crucify me over my ratings.

I'm surprised a lot of you read so few manga. lol at survivor's dropped list, you really must have a no-bullshit policy
EDIT: haven't used MAL but M-U does so everything so good, I don't see what would be the point of anything else. I like the UI.

upandaway

Dunno what's better about MAL's UI than MU. It's considerably slower for me and my cookies always get corrupted and I have to re-log in every couple of days. MU is super fast and I use it to see what's out anyway, so I'd have to maintain it anyway (and maintaining another list would be duplicate effort)

Tons of 10s, one 9 and a 3 for FT, I lol'ed.

Oh yeah, I use MU to keep track of new releases and just recently MAL to organize and rate what I've read since the interface of MU is kinda a pain in the ass for that purpose.
150 series on the reading list *sigh*
Oh hey, the rankings show up in the public list. If I had to rank them seriously, smoke would come out of my ears. I'm really bad with rankings stuff. Just take them for "upandaway really likes this". If I didn't rank it then it probably just didn't make me freak out enough back when I originally started it, it means nothing.

Stinky

Oh hey, the rankings show up in the public list. If I had to rank them seriously, smoke would come out of my ears. I'm really bad with rankings stuff. Just take them for "upandaway really likes this". If I didn't rank it then it probably just didn't make me freak out enough back when I originally started it, it means nothing.

Haha I love the Fairy Tail rating.

I feel similarly, but only because I try to rate things fairly.

The site has a lot of hyper-inflated review scores. Sometimes I'll see a manga that looks interesting and I'll be like 'oh, it ONLY has a 7, it must kinda suck".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom