• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTL| Not a lick of constructive conversation here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fidelis Hodie

Infidelis Cras
My turn! Damn this thing is depressing.

Currently:
. . . One Piece

Love, and Will Catch Up At Some Point:
The World God Only Knows
Beelzebub

WHY DO YOU HIATUS ME:(
Berserk
HunterXHunter

Dropped (For Now):
TLR
Bleach
Fairy Tail
Naruto
Nonononono
(and how knows what I'm forgetting)

Still Need To Read:
Yotsuba
One-Punch Man
Medaka Box
Toriko

Miss The Most:
Fullmetal Alchemist

Kurita

Reading
Assassination Classroom
Haikyuu!!
One Piece
Magi
One Punch-Man
Nisekoi
Bakuman
REAL
Shingeki No Kyojin
I Am a Hero
Punpun
Slam Dunk
Vagabond
Again!!
SKET Dance
Beelzebub
Steel Ball Run
Stardust Crusaders
Stone Ocean
Level E
Rurouni Kenshin
Nobunaga No Chef
Toriko
Shonan Junai Gumi
Fullmetal Alchemist
Captain Tsubasa
Saint Young Men
Medaka Box
Shin Chan
Dr Slump
Sweet Blue Flowers

Recently dropped
Kuroko
Blood Lad
Nura
Prince of Tennis
Enigma
Reborn

Man, why is there such a huge hole in Chihayafuru's scanlations? Feels so bad.
First volume will be released here in a few days, can't wait.

Lists huh?

http://myanimelist.net/profile/AHugeBattleship

I wasn't a stat junky until I signed up to MAL.

zfbM1p3.png
2dSGuhd.png

My 'to read' list is just a .txt doc, since I find it quicker to edit / add stuff to. When I stick it in Word I get this. So yeah, 731 entries on the list.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Berserk 302

I still don't get the hate for Jesus Griffith. He just united humans and apostles under one banner. That was awesome.

He's a treacherous bastard flaunting powers he doesn't deserve. Plus like Silat said who knows if the empire he brings is something that's desired. So far it resulted in
more monsters than usual coming into the world and killing everyone.

Vinland saga 92

Canute actually being somewhat badass? Holy shit.

Barakamon 7

PGnaoAt.png

Sage advice right here.

He's a treacherous bastard flaunting powers he doesn't deserve. Plus like Silat said who knows if the empire he brings is something that's desired. So far it resulted in
more monsters than usual coming into the world and killing everyone.

Yeah, but have you seen some of the apostles? They're awesome!

I'm not saying that Griffith isn't the evil one who needs to be put down, but so far he's making a good job continuing where he left off.

Antiwhippy

You mean before he fucked everything up?

I dunno, just watching everyone worship griffith made me want to claw at my brain.

The apostle designs are pretty cool though.

You mean before he fucked everything up?

I dunno, just watching everyone worship griffith made me want to claw at my brain.

The apostle design are pretty cool though.
Yah, but you can't even blame them for worshipping him. These are dark times, he appears to everyone as the savior and he hasn't done anything devilish or brutal that could make them questioning him.

Akainu

Catching up on Dogs Bullets and Carnage. And it put Bleach to shame with all the black empty spaces but at least it isn't over in seconds.

Antiwhippy

I mean, I understand, but it doesn't stop me from being really uncomfortable with how jesus griffith got to his position.

Also ganishka is so hilariously obviously evil that it's really hard for me to give griffith any moral high ground for fighting him. Like guts said, it's just a spat between 2 monsters.

Berserk 306

4BN1tRs.jpg

Hahaha .... What. I was actually surprised that Griffith can turn back into Femto. And yes, now I get the complains about Jesus Griffith.

Yonafunu

Griffith's dream was never anything evil. He wanted to reach the castle in the sky, he wanted his own country. That's it. When he got incapacitated and it became impossible for him to reach it, he sacrificed his companions. Everything for his dream, the ends justify the means.
You could say he's an asshole and evil for that, and I'd probably agree. But the end result of his dream might not be a bad thing. He could unite all men, Apostles, humans, in one great kingdom with eternal peace. That's not bad.

MCD

Canute been badass ever since the time skip, really.

Thorfin on the other hand...well, if you count farming as badass then he counts too.

Griffith's dream was never anything evil. He wanted to reach the castle in the sky, he wanted his own country. That's it. When he got incapacitated and it became impossible for him to reach it, he sacrificed his companions. Everything for his dream, the ends justify the means.
You could say he's an asshole and evil for that, and I'd probably agree. But the end result of his dream might not be a bad thing. He could unite all men, Apostles, humans, in one great kingdom with eternal peace. That's not bad.

Well, he did put the world into chaos, now that he has Falconia. Those scenes, where he illuminated the world ... Yeah, that wasn't pretty.

tauke

I'm mainly a lurker here but since I'm currently doing my industrial training and been traveling a lot with public transport, I'm looking for a new manga to read.

I just done marathon Eyeshield 21 and I prefer a light hearted story for now. Can be romcom too since I do enjoy Love Hina and Ichigo 100%.

Any suggestions is highly appreciated.

I'm mainly a lurker here but since I'm currently doing my industrial training and been traveling a lot with public transport, I'm looking for a new manga to read.

I just done marathon Eyeshield 21 and I prefer a light hearted story for now. Can be romcom too since I do enjoy Love Hina and Ichigo 100%.

Beelzebub is a comedy if you are interested in that genre.

wonzo

Banned

Can't go wrong with Yotsuba&! and Hinamatsuri.

dumbyugi

Ai Kora and To Love-ru are both really good harem romcoms.

Kurita

hRTeQ.gif

Read Assassination Classroom.

tauke

Been following To Love-Ru and TLR Darkness too and Yotsubato!

Will check out Ai Kora, Hinamatsuri and Beelzebub. Thanks for the suggestion! :)

Also glad Magical Kanon 100% is over.

If you want a romcom, you should try Kimi no iru machi.

Kono Ore ga Omae Nanka Suki na Wakenai 3
tumblr_mk61xuEGVT1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Finally an update, after close to seven months can finally see how Fujima can reject Okachi Machi, which fortunately went better than I expected. So many great moments and conflicting feelings, and Okachi Machi just constantly trying to get what he wants. Angie was in the way, though at least finally decided to assist getting them together.

Koganeiro is only 2 chapters and will feel your heart with love.

Antiwhippy

Nodame Cantabile for romcom.

Yokohama Kadaishi Kikou to feel at ease with life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom