• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTL| Not a lick of constructive conversation here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Konya mo Nemurenai 11
tumblr_mk63blpZsF1qbxqfpo1_1280.png

Two colors pages was nice. Always look forward to this manga as it is just tons of fun. This chapter did well to conclude the previous events and at least establish that Rikiya likes Endo. Still the main concern is how would a human x demon work. I hope Verde can come to like Goro, dont want him with Rikiya, and dont want Rikiya with Goro, though I guess itd be good either way. I wonder if the male human x male demon could still have offspring like the demon x demon idea.

Berserk 312

vY01WL2.jpg

Everything after Griffith's moment of light felt like filler so far. The return of the pirates, the weak ass battle, stranding on that island ... Eh, I hope it's not as bad as the troll arc.

But I'm getting some Shadow over Innsmouth vibes, so that's a good thing.

Also, Isma >>> Loli

survivor

Banned
I'm mainly a lurker here but since I'm currently doing my industrial training and been traveling a lot with public transport, I'm looking for a new manga to read.

I just done marathon Eyeshield 21 and I prefer a light hearted story for now. Can be romcom too since I do enjoy Love Hina and Ichigo 100%.

Any suggestions is highly appreciated.

Yokohama Kadaishi Kikou is a good light hearted story.

I saw it as more of absurdist sci-fi craziness than a story where we were supposed to relate to characters.
But I want my angst :(

Waratte! Sotomura-san 22

Same old stuff every time, but it still manages to raise a smile.

What the...
I had a phase where I went through MAL and scouted out potential reads like crazy. I'm still paying the price.

I'm mainly a lurker here but since I'm currently doing my industrial training and been traveling a lot with public transport, I'm looking for a new manga to read.

I just done marathon Eyeshield 21 and I prefer a light hearted story for now. Can be romcom too since I do enjoy Love Hina and Ichigo 100%.

Any suggestions is highly appreciated.
I'd suggest something by Mohiro Kitoh. Ideally Narutaru or Bokurano.

If you want a serious answer, try Azumanga Daioh (especially if you like Yotsuba&!; same author), Prunus Girl or Inari, Konkon, Koi Iroha.

Sono Mama de 6 (end)
tumblr_mk64169inh1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Chapter started off on a high note and closed the series out on a good one. I will definitely miss it. Overall the series was funny and had nice drama that came up later on in terms of the father illness plotline. Glad they remained strong and Aizawa had some aspect of happiness in his life as family events came down hard even the acceptance issue from his brother. Oh well, wish Tsuji and Aizawa the best in their future together. Hope the writer does another story.

Akito

Knock Your Heart Out! v1-2 (end)
I like this type of short story collection where the stories are technically independent but the MCs know each other and the stories are somehow intertwined. And it's always refreshing to see high school students who don't act like they're some mentally challenged preschoolers i.e. being able to handle physical contact and don't mentally block out confessions. The art is alright but I love the color pages which were drawn with colored pencils.

Lirlond

Berserk 312

vY01WL2.jpg

Everything after Griffith's moment of light felt like filler so far. The return of the pirates, the weak ass battle, stranding on that island ... Eh, I hope it's not as bad as the troll arc.

But I'm getting some Shadow over Innsmouth vibes, so that's a good thing.

Also, Isma >>> Loli

This is a pretty big arc for Ishidora. It feels like filler but its not.

survivor

Banned
20th Century Boys vol 3
AXWw4as.jpg

lol, how many more kids were in that original group? It's like every volume there is "ONE MORE" person being added. So now we got 3 unkown men roaming around, Kenji got a bit closer to knowing identity of Friend, and Kanna is the fated child. So far Urasawa hasn't screwed up anything, but he came close with that Kenji-Friend confrontation.

survivor

Banned
Quick question to help narrow down what to read next

1) Touch or H2?
2) Lone Wolf and Cub or Path of Assassin or Samurai Executioner?

survivor

Banned
Love Roma vol 2

Everything is so toned down in this manga. There are no real conflicts, the characters are just so bland. Where is my sappy over the top drama? Where are the angsty whinny teenagers? I can't believe I'm saying that, but I take back what I said before, Good Ending is more fun to read than this manga.

Berserk

Guts just got out of demon mode and was saved by his kid again, so I don't see Ishidora's role, but okay.

Interacting with a new character who finally found out who she really is plus also recruitung said character, him kicking ass vs someone who has basically become his main enemy LOL, being actually somewhat useful.

Dude is getting better.

Akito

Ultra Red v1
Hot blooded martial arts manga, the techniques are not remotely realistic and the MC is the annoying stock character who is only interested in fighting and believes he's the best. but the fights are really well done i.e. looking cool as hell while being very easy to follow.

Tower of God

At first i thought the running guy´s sword is one of the 12 months swords. But i don´t think so. Lol Koon wants to quit the team. So the tournament starts with a bang :p

Didn't realize there was a new thread. Probably because I haven't posted in it for what feels like ages. Didn't even make the wall of shame!

Berserk 322

Berserk

Interacting with a new character who finally found out who she really is plus also recruitung said character, him kicking ass vs someone who has basically become his main enemy LOL, being actually somewhat useful.

Dude is getting better.
Yeah, but I saw that as natural progress of his character and the story (which still feels like filler, btw). While it's great seeing him fight and be more useful, the pirate is just lame as hell and I hope he won't return again. Make him fight an apostle or something.

This whole sea god thing is boring too. It feels like Guts has fought worse enemies before and yet he's struggling, even in his armor. I don't think I'll ever get used to the Guts x Loli team-up. He needs to throw her in the fire and learn how to control that thing himself. It's kind of pathetic.

Jojolion 19

Great chapter as usual. It's obvious that there's some wide area spanning stand involved that makes them slip on the leaves but for some reason everybody else seems to be able to take advantage of that. Nice challenge for Gappy, especially with Joushuu as a secondary threat.

Berserk 322

Yeah, but I saw that as natural progress of his character and the story (who still feels like filler, btw). While it's great seeing him fight and be more useful, the pirate is just lame as hell and I hope he won't return again. Make him fight an apostle or something.

This whole sea god thing is boring too. It feels like Guts has fought worse enemies before and yet he's struggling, even in his armor. I don't think I'll ever get used to the Guts x Loli team-up. He needs to throw her in the fire and learn how to control that thing himself. It's kind of pathetic.

I will agree the Pirate is now old due to his third appearance but he's become the stepping stone even with all the asistance he got (seagod powers). Hopefully Ishi will get a enemy upgrade so he can continue to progress.

The main reason he's struggling is due to that attack that messes with all his senses, otherwise the sea god sucks. But its just a taste of what the fucking hell is going on in this new version of the world.

@ bold: heh, it aint much different from his "kid" helping out but its an interesting take so far of having something inside he cant seemingly control rather than befriend it later (like that other series). Hopefully it will be the scenario where he either loses control to it or loses it entirely, though i can see him doing the whole befriending crap eventually.

And honestly you just sound salty since you don't like the loli lol

Akito

Ultra Red v2
This manga moves fast, the three-monthly training arc happened off-screen and we got right into the tournament arc. I didn't expect the first real match to be such a challenge, Sen won but he also got tons of damage. Una is quite cute and she has to be as the sole female character so far.

Berserk, caught up

I will agree the Pirate is now old due to his third appearance but he's become the stepping stone even with all the asistance he got (seagod powers). Hopefully Ishi will get a enemy upgrade so he can continue to progress.

The main reason he's struggling is due to that attack that messes with all his senses, otherwise the sea god sucks. But its just a taste of what the fucking hell is going on in this new version of the world.

@ bold: heh, it aint much different from his "kid" helping out but its an interesting take so far of having something inside he cant seemingly control rather than befriend it later (like that other series). Hopefully it will be the scenario where he either loses control to it or loses it entirely, though i can see him doing the whole befriending crap eventually.

And honestly you just sound salty since you don't like the loli lol

Yes, I'm salty, because I don't like the Loli and everything that involves her. :lol

Isma and the whole Mermaid thing was pretty cute, I wish she played a role as big as Loli. Miura needs to make her Ishi's girl at least. Other than that, I'm just glad this fight and arc is over. I still don't know what the heck is going on with that kid and I felt bad for Casca, when he disappeared.

Now, what the heck was that flashback? "Finally, the story of Guts, before he met the hawks!" ... What? Was that some kind of extra arc for a movie or something? It felt so wrong.

Anyway, after getting back to the main story, it's once again pretty clear how Griffith screwed the world over. Humans won't be safe anymore. And I'm not sure why Rickert, who I didn't recognize at all, was stupid enough to mention that he was part of the original hawks. Hey idiot, Griffith sacrificed your whole group and these people are brining you straight to him.

Falconia does look like a paradise. Hitler would've been jealous. :lol

survivor

Banned
Ode to Kirihito
tl49rya.jpg
HFdea7Q.jpg

Bad Tezuka. 800 pages about half assed messages about discrimination, corruption in Japanese medical system, blind religious faith, and furries. Went on for far too long and kept switching back and forth between uninteresting characters, and had too much time dedicated to boring medical talk.

Also reading this made me realize, has Tezuka ever written any good female characters? All the ones I have seen in his manga so far serve 3 purposes: fall in love with MC, get killed, or get raped. You would think out of his entire huge catalogue of works there would be more variety.

Next up on the list is Princess Knight even though I know it will anger me. After that I will give Buddha another go, maybe I won't drop it after the first volume again.

Berserk

Berserk, caught up

Yes, I'm salty, because I don't like the Loli and everything that involves her. :lol

Isma and the whole Mermaid thing was pretty cute, I wish she played a role as big as Loli. Miura needs to make her Ishi's girl at least. Other than that, I'm just glad this fight and arc is over. I still don't know what the heck is going on with that kid and I felt bad for Casca, when he disappeared.

Now, what the heck was that flashback? "Finally, the story of Guts, before he met the hawks!" ... What? Was that some kind of extra arc for a movie or something? It felt so wrong.

Anyway, after getting back to the main story, it's once again pretty clear how Griffith screwed the world over. Humans won't be safe anymore. And I'm not sure why Rickert, who I didn't recognize at all, was stupid enough to mention that he was part of the original hawks. Hey idiot, Griffith sacrificed your whole group and these people are brining you straight to him.

Falconia does look like a paradise. Hitler would've been jealous. :lol

Its not healthy with that much salt in your system :p

Isma seems cool and one of the good things about the whole change so far plus she seems to compliment Ishi right now LOL. Also we more likely will see the kid again and maybe their destination will shed some light on him.

As for the flashback i think it was done to hype up the animated movies they started to make (its Golden Age Arc once again which is disspointing tbh but the arc is pretty good so i can see the reason)

The Rickert "going there" thing is weird but he now has nowhere to go, has someone to protect and this will be a nice way to get a inside look of Falconia for the readers (since the main gang is clueless due to doing their own thing at the moment). And as said before it should be interesting seeing what Griffith does now since he finally got his country.

Oh Yea... you are now officially a member of the waiting club so welcome man :trollface

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom