• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTL| Not a lick of constructive conversation here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atredeus

Neo Member
And thus begins the Bleach v. One Piece argument. Maybe we'll actually listen to the other sides' arguments and change our minds this time?

Like anyone believes this?

Terra formars v4 24-30
tumblr_mk73ea9Ibn1qbxqfpo1_1280.jpg

Asimov's team was pretty awesome (like the pyramids), though I think the whole speculation offered by Michelle seemed compelling thought if not explored more. It did seem everyone reached the same conclusion which did seem hinted at by seens which werent really detailed about, the Roachs stealing from the corpses and I guess learning from them, though would that really explain them having powerful legs, or extra parts to facilitate swimming? Though it does explain the weapons at least. Who made the mistake of putting extra bugs in there. Im just overall glad that Akari, Marcos, and Alex survived (inertia ftw), please make it through all fourty days, its the only thing I want and would make me so glad.

survivor

Banned
Kaiji Part 3 - vol 2
XJt40Cj.jpg

Classic Kaiji. Make up an entire plan about spying on Muraoka and work on on the signals and getting all ready and then the entire plan goes to hell within the first minute when Muraoka orders Miyoshi to go fetch him a drink. Gotta love these types of unexpected fuck ups.

I was able to kinda follow the hands and the strategy that Kaiji was going for. I'm not sure why the wind tiles were a big deal. I know one of them was the dora indicator, but the other ones could have been a safe discard. So it's not as confusing as I anticipated it would be, but I still feel like I can't see the big picture. Also I'm still constantly flipping back to the tiles page cause I still haven't memorized the manzu tiles.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Suika - Yoshitomi Akihito

Sweet short story about a girl named Rin and her friend and crush Sac-chan who has an undying love for watermelons and a belief that if you manage to eat an entire one, your wish will come true. Rin decides to put that belief to the test in hopes of making her friend realize that her feelings for her go beyond that of friendship. A sweet and sticky ending.

Not what you're thinking smut-gaf!

Magi

Oh god that ending, just when things were finally about to turn around. And all the reveals holy crap in any other manga this would have been 3 chapters to give us so much information

Jintor

Sweet short story about a girl named Rin and her friend and crush Sac-chan who has an undying love for watermelons and a belief that if you manage to eat an entire one, your wish will come true. Rin decides to put that belief to the test in hopes of making her friend realize that her feelings for her go beyond that of friendship. A sweet and sticky ending.

You're my bro SDBurton

dumbyugi

You should read Watermelon Sacchan, it's a short little extra for this story.

wonzo

Banned
Suika & Watermelon Sacchan

I wouldn't classify it as smut but that end twist was kinda lewd, less so for the mini-sequel which was just a short ~5 page gag.

I really wish that there´s a manga/video game/anything really (don´t say Thor please) that tackles Nordic mythology. This mythology is really under used. Indian Mythology as well.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I really wish that there´s a manga/video game/anything really (don´t say Thor please) that tackles Nordic mythology. This mythology is really under used. Indian Mythology as well.

Pretty sure someone did a comic version of Beowolf. There's also an animated movie. Plus Thor, but apparently you don't care for the god of lighting's adventures. His current book is really good though.

Pretty sure someone did a comic version of Beowolf. There's also an animated movie. Plus Thor, but apparently you don't care for the god of lighting's adventures. His current book is really good though.
I enjoyed the Thor movie, but i am not exited about the universe that Marvel built. Granted i know little about the Marvel Thor universe from animated shows/movies, but i am not too fond of it.
Wasn't Valkyrie Profile good?

I did not play the game.

duckroll

Magi

Caught up on the latest chapters of Magi. Lots of infodump. Really not feeling the manga as much as I used to before. Something about the narrative feels lazier and less focused now. Almost like the author is trying to rush things into position so the final arc can begin. The nature of the world seems to be in line with what people expected. Icalledit.gif etc. But while I should really be much more excited about stuff finally being revealed all I can actually think of is how boring it's been for the last bunch of chapters, and how Mor was totally ignored, and how terrible the anime adaptation turned out to be. Enthusiasm at an all time low. :/

Seems like the manga will probably be ending within 50 chapters anyway, so there'll probably be another season of the anime to wrap things up (badly). Meh.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
Avid? Fuck naw. I just like it more than One Piece and Naruto. Bleach is littered with problems but this thread ManGAF Wednesday needs my Bleach energy.
For a long, long time, my impossible dream
has been stashed away in my heart.
Now I'm a traveler on the way
searching for boundless freedom.
I will not return again,
even if there should be no end to my misery.

Oh! Oh! Standin'
In The Heart Of Darkness
Oh oh! Give Bleach your life! give Bleach your energy!

AH! AH! Bleach Ease My Pain.
Bleach Ease My Loneliness

Avid? Fuck naw. I just like it more than One Piece and Naruto. Bleach is littered with problems but this thread ManGAF Wednesday needs my Bleach energy.
Accept it, Bleach is the only manga you read and love. He knows it better than you do.
Vinland Saga has a different setting :D
Not different enough. I need some science fiction or horror or slice of life.
Seriously, unless you have an inherent dislike for child characters she's fine.

Also you'll meet isidora soon who is waaaaay worst. Unless by now isidora is already part of Gut's party? Can't remember.
Can you please stop being so wrong. I hate child characters and Ishi it fine at the end. She isn't.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Magi

Caught up on the latest chapters of Magi. Lots of infodump. Really not feeling the manga as much as I used to before. Something about the narrative feels lazier and less focused now. Almost like the author is trying to rush things into position so the final arc can begin. The nature of the world seems to be in line with what people expected. Icalledit.gif etc. But while I should really be much more excited about stuff finally being revealed all I can actually think of is how boring it's been for the last bunch of chapters, and how Mor was totally ignored, and how terrible the anime adaptation turned out to be. Enthusiasm at an all time low. :/

Seems like the manga will probably be ending within 50 chapters anyway, so there'll probably be another season of the anime to wrap things up (badly). Meh.

hhhmm i stop reading during the arc with Titus and it seem like it could last a good while longer .
Got to catch up but this post making me not rally care along with poor anime .

I think I am going to start seven seed soon because for all his senility Godbeards recommendations tends to be on point as I loved both Sanctuary and Jojo.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I think I am going to start seven seed soon because for all his senility Godbeards recommendations tends to be on point as I loved both Sanctuary and Jojo.
GB is younger than I am. I recommend Food Smut. :trollface:

Dresden

shinya shokudo

Fun stuff. Centers around an all-night food stall where the 'master' makes whatever his customers want him to make. Each chapter focuses on a different food item and a customer, and in turn, their stories. The way they bond and grieve over various japanese foodstuffs makes for some pleasant reading.

It's not raining in here, it's just salt.

Angry Grimace

7 seeds

Man what is up with the eyes in this? The author should spend less time drawing ridiculous reflections in her eyes.

upandaway

Magi

Caught up on the latest chapters of Magi. Lots of infodump. Really not feeling the manga as much as I used to before. Something about the narrative feels lazier and less focused now. Almost like the author is trying to rush things into position so the final arc can begin. The nature of the world seems to be in line with what people expected. Icalledit.gif etc. But while I should really be much more excited about stuff finally being revealed all I can actually think of is how boring it's been for the last bunch of chapters, and how Mor was totally ignored, and how there's no anime adaption. Enthusiasm at an all time low. :/

What makes you say that? I never heard about this!

I didn't feel any of the bummer you're getting but then, I wasn't expecting it to wrap up that fast either. If I was expecting it to be rushed into an ending in 50 chapters I'd lose steam too, but you gotta bring me proof!

Also yeah it's pretty sad that there's no anime adaption, it could've been really cool :(

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Accept it, Bleach is the only manga you read and love. He knows it better than you do.

Not different enough. I need some science fiction or horror or slice of life.

Can you please stop being so wrong. I hate child characters and Ishi it fine at the end. She isn't.

This is where we're always going to have to agree to disagree I guess. I agree he's kinda fine now but before the sea god arc he is basically the archetypal token useless team buttmonkey. Which always annoyed me in adventure mangas.

Other than one pretty creepy fan service segment schierke's relationship is more of a innocent first crush from a sheltered girl than anything remotely reaching an adult definition of love.

Also she can fry a whole army of not-orcs. How is that not awesome.

dumbyugi

I didn't feel any of the bummer you're getting but then, I wasn't expecting it to wrap up that fast either. If I was expecting it to be rushed into an ending in 50 chapters I'd lose steam too, but you gotta bring me proof!

Also yeah it's pretty sad that there's no anime adaption, it could've been really cool :(

That's just duckroll's speculation. I can't see it ending that fast when there is still so much to cover.

This is where we're always going to have to agree to disagree I guess. I agree he's kinda fine now but before the sea god arc he is basically the archetypal token useless team buttmonkey. Which always annoyed me in adventure mangas.

Other than one pretty creepy fan service segment schierke's relationship is more of a innocent first crush from a sheltered girl than anything remotely reaching an adult definition of love.

Also she can fry a whole army of not-orcs. How is that not awesome.

Well never agree on that, but that's okay. I just didn't see Ishi as that kid, probably because his development wasn't so slow and he didn't get as much screen time as Schierke.

My main problem with her is that the whole mood and atmosphere in Berserk changed after she showed up. Ad then all this teaming up with Guts to control the demon ... Ugh. He might as well team up with Puck.

duckroll

Just feels that way. Magi is a rather fast paced manga, and they've basically revealed the end game here. It feels like they've explored all the countries in the world, shown all the factions, and now with the ultimate objective of the enemy revealed, I can't see it lasting much longer honestly. It could go for another 100 chapters at most I guess, but it really doesn't feel like there's that much more.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Well never agree on that, but that's okay. I just didn't see Ishi as that kid, probably because his development wasn't so slow and he didn't get as much screen time as Schierke.

My main problem with her is that the whole mood and atmosphere in Berserk changed after she showed up. Ad then all this teaming up with Guts to control the demon ... Ugh. He might as well team up with Puck.

I kinda agree about the atmosphere change, but then again her introductory arc had women being brutally raped and dying in an explosion of baby trolls.

Also honestly post eclipse puck and Ishi already destroyed some of that atmosphere for me. In the world of berserk they should be monster chum by now. Also I can't even remember why guts took him into the party.

The sea god arc had good character developement for Ishi, but let's review what he did when they were stranded on the island. Go off on his own while the others are trying to find help for "adventures", then proceed to lose the super valuable magic sword. It's that kind of stuff that I just find annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom