• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTL| Not a lick of constructive conversation here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Eh, seeing that she's the most useful to the group next to Serpico she deserves to be a little bratty. Especially against isidora.

Which I actually do think their dynamic pretty cute sometimes. Like when he drew pirates on her face.

He thinks that Ishi isn't useful, just because he can't cause a genocide or destroy an entire village.

But when little Loli witch does it, it's all "awww, so cute. you almost killed everyone!"

Hey, you're the one complaining about the witch destroying the atmosphere. If genocide and mass murder isn't berserk than I don't know what is. :p

Wiseblade

Eh, seeing that she's the most useful to the group next to Serpico she deserves to be a little bratty. Especially against isidora.

Which I actually do think is pretty cute sometimes. Like when he drew pirates on her face.

She's also needed saving or endangered the group just as much as she's helped out.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
Number Five vol 3
So2acvl.jpg

what
the
fuck
did I
just
read

This was fucking beautiful. This is exactly why I read Matsumuto's manga. If only the first 2 volumes were this good, I would love this manga even more. I actually finally care about the series now.

They have tho whole series as an Ipad App btw. They even include some wallpaper and a small animation.

I loves this manga so much. Someone should turn into a movie like Tekkonkincreet.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I mean, it's not like she's my favourite party member even. For the current group the favourite who is not guts is probably serpico.

survivor

Banned
Ran and the Gray World 20

Great battle between Nio and Ran. Mister Pudding should have done something more useful instead of growing too big and failing.

And with that ending, that door is gonna be opening very soon isn't it?

They have tho whole series as an Ipad App btw. They even include some wallpaper and a small animation.

I loves this manga so much. Someone should turn into a movie like Tekkonkincreet.
Shaft should handle the movie adaptation.

Noblesse

I knew it Rai is going to massacre the fools.

7 seeds

I wasn't really a fan of 7 Seeds in the early chapters. Can't wait until you get to the Winter Arc. That was when I became a full blown fan.

It took half an hour to read the chapter because i did not find it interesting and kept getting distracted. At least Hana is alive. I hope it improves though. This can´t hold my attention for too long if it continues like this.

Berserk 327

Just what is that kid?

yea this is killing me, any speculation from the fanbase? loli witch mention what she thinks of it, but I keep hoping that kid is their son somehow surviving griffith's resurrection although that seems unlikely.

Guts deserve some happy ending after all the shit he went through.

7 seeds

It took half an hour to read the chapter because i did not find it interesting and kept getting distracted. At least Hana is alive. I hope it improves though. This can´t hold my attention for too long if it continues like this.

I know how you feel, because I dropped it two times, but you're missing out big time, if you drop it before the third volume.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
US Jump TOC for 3/25/2013

Naruto
World Trigger
One Piece
Nisekoi
Toriko
Cross Manage
One-Punch Man
Dragon Ball
Yu-Gi-Oh Zexal

Previews: A one-shot from the creator of Psyren and One Piece

World Trigger

I want to punch this kid in the face if he makes that god damn 3 mouth again. There was only like 1 or 2 panels where he doesn't do it. It's also slow as shit. Everything since AssClass and Soma have been crap, and this is one of the worst.

Other stuff

In One Punch Man, the Asura Rhino is translated as the Carnage Kabuto. Any idea how this is?

Has Dragon Ball always been this slow? It's on Chapter 9 and it ends with Gohan bursting out of Raditz' ship. No wonder Kai happened. I look forward to One Piece Kai.

Speaking of One Piece, fuck Zolo.

Berserk 327

Just what is that kid?
yea this is killing me, any speculation from the fanbase? loli witch mention what she thinks of it, but I keep hoping that kid is their son somehow surviving griffith's resurrection although that seems unlikely.

The way the kid behaves and how Caska is always drawn to it and protects it, I'd say it's their kid or some form of it.

Wiseblade

Berserk Caught Up

If anything Miura's art seemed to get better once the breaks kicked in. And events progress at a decent pace, so I think I'll be just fine waiting months for a chapter. As long I I can keep track of what's happening...

Falconia being the haven for all humanity just makes me hate Griffith that much more.

BatDan

Back when Viz started translating One Piece, the names were correctly translated. When 4Kids got the anime rights, Zoro was changed to Zolo to avoid possible lawsuits with Zorro (even though I'm sure that he's a public domain character). Viz was then forced to change as well.
Despite 4Kids losing the rights years ago, Viz refuses to change the name back. Claiming "consistency", but then claiming it's to avoid confusion with Zorro comic books (those exist?) They've stated they will use Zoro when they release a special edition of One Piece. That probably won't be for a loooong time.

Damn, this new jump sounds awesome. I think I'm going to start doing it.

It's pretty cheap. $26 dollars for a year.

Berserk Caught Up

If anything Miura's art seemed to get better once the breaks kicked in. And events progress at a decent pace, so I think I'll be just fine waiting months for a chapter. As long I I can keep track of what's happening...

Falconia being the haven for all humanity just makes me hate Griffith that much more.

"He sacrificed the people closest to him for the future of the entire human race"

Doesn't sound that bad, does it?

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
But I can still blame her for ruining the atmosphere.

Ugh. The atmosphere needed to be ruined. Guts can't kill Griffith on his own, and his Behelt as foreshadowing isn't really dangerous until he has something to sacrifice.

Guts is being set up to end up having to make the choice that Griffith did.

Basara's alright, but 7 Seeds is a league apart. I'd argue that the early chapters of 7 Seeds is still the author in Basara mode, but it develops pretty quickly.

Berserk

The way the kid behaves and how Caska is always drawn to it and protects it, I'd say it's their kid or some form of it.

Plus he does the same for her just like the demon child and hell even got Griffith to join in the protection party.

"He sacrificed the people closest to him for the future of the entire human race"

Doesn't sound that bad, does it?

define "future".

Ugh. The atmosphere needed to be ruined. Guts can't kill Griffith on his own, and his Behelt as foreshadowing isn't really dangerous until he has something to sacrifice.

Guts is being set up to end up having to make the choice that Griffith did.

I think that depends on Skull Knight tbh, since he seems to be following in his footsteps.

Wiseblade

Back when Viz started translating One Piece, the names were correctly translated. When 4Kids got the anime rights, Zoro was changed to Zolo to avoid possible lawsuits with Zorro (even though I'm sure that he's a public domain character). Viz was then forced to change as well.
Despite 4Kids losing the rights years ago, Viz refuses to change the name back. Claiming "consistency", but then claiming it's to avoid confusion with Zorro comic books (those exist?) They've stated they will use Zoro when they release a special edition of One Piece. That probably won't be for a loooong time.

I know all of that, I'm just wondering why you're calling him "Zolo".

BatDan

I know all of that, I'm just wondering why you're calling him "Zolo".

Because it's a dumb name.
I like Zoro as a character.
When I say "fuck Zolo", I'm referring to just the name.
Doesn't help that it rhymes with the latest "annoying phrase you say if you're a total tool". #YOLO.

Tacitus_

There's some speculation that the kid is somehow related to the kid Griffith used as a vessel. It seems attracted to Guts and Caska, Caska is highly protective of him and he only appears on nights with a full moon - which are times of great magical potency.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom