• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTL| Not a lick of constructive conversation here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going off topic for short while i was watching Ixion Saga DT ep 24 and when the main monster show up the first thing that went threw my mind was Angry Grimace lol .

EDIT well all three are back this week so it should be fun still i don't even why the big 3 wars still going on .
Since we all know what most people in thread think about each one .

Ashodin

I just read all of Aunt Tits in a span of two days.

Why is there not more!? Arrgghgh

Also I'm digging the soba chick. Girl who hides her features because she hates being treated wrong? Just looking for Minamoto to treat her right.

Kusagari

Something astronomically bad would have to happen in Naruto for people to care enough to argue at this point. Which of course could happen since it's Naruto.

We're likely to get a One Piece chapter where something actually happens, especially in regards to Luffy's reaction to Doflamingo having Ace's fruit, and Bleach is back so shitstorms could be imminent.

Going off topic for short while i was watching Ixion Saga DT ep 24 and when the main monster show up the first thing that went threw my mind was Angry Grimace lol .

EDIT well all three are back this week so it should be fun still i don't even why the big 3 wars still going on .
Since we all know what most people in thread think about each one .

WednesdayGAF is more of a tradition. No one in here cares enough to seriously argue about the three, but it's just a little brawl we all have once a week. It's like Fight Club, but with manga.

WednesdayGAF is more of a tradition. No one in here cares enough to seriously argue about the three, but it's just a little brawl we all have once a week. It's like Fight Club, but with manga.

Man i was part of the club but i just don't care anymore to even have a joke brawl about the big 3 now .
Must be getting old :(

If you guys want to see brawls, try checking out some Naruto fan websites.

Good lord, the amount of cognitive dissonance is frightening.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

99% of the arguments about the Big three are meta-arguments about whether the poster is trolling or not. I don't think anybody actually gives a huge shit whether or not Obito is Tobi (c'mon it was the most obvious shit ever guys)

Man i was part of the club but i just don't care anymore to even have a joke brawl about the big 3 now .

It hasn't been funny in a long, long time. It's more like a sad, cynical in-joke now.

I also feel like we're having this discussion every week.

99% of the arguments about the Big three are meta-arguments about whether the poster is trolling or not. I don't think anybody actually gives a huge shit whether or not Obito is Tobi (c'mon it was the most obvious shit ever guys)

Don't forget the personal insults. They're my favorite.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
KNIM

iRpQncD.gif

Could apply to every chapter

It hasn't been funny in a long, long time. It's more like a sad, cynical in-joke now.

I also feel like we're having this discussion every week.

Don't forget the personal insults. They're my favorite.

Shadow has gone the deep end. I never called anyone retard. Big one used to elaborate about what he says, but lately he has gotten lazy and shadow has had an effect on him.

Not just you but the whole thing itself has gotten old

Pretty much, now its wondering if Big One, Beam, Stat, etc are just trolling to bait reactions.

Yep :(

The alternatives were entertaining ideas to explore.

To be fair most of those responses were trolls (Sasuke from the future for instance), except for maybe Izuna.

I was reading about old websites that were buried deep in the internet, and this one about crazy old fetish videos comes up. People force feeding dogs, licking washing machines and shit. Someone posts a bunch of creepy stories about it then adds a link to the stored webpage.

The first link that pops up is dated my birthday.

THISHOLEWASMEANTFORME.jpg

Articalys

Time for some Japanese Sci-Fi award nominations:
The 52nd Japan Science Fiction Convention (Nihon SF Taikai or Japan SF Con/Koikon) has announced its nominations for the 44th Seiun Awards.

[...]

The following works have been nominated for the Comic category:
  • Masami Yuuki's Tetsuwan Birdy Evolution
  • Yukinobu Hoshino's Hoshi wo Tsugu Mono
  • Yuichi Hasegawa's MAPS Next Sheet
  • Reiko Shimizu's Himitsu - Top Secret
  • Katsuhiro Otomo's Artwork Kaba2
  • Kôji Kumeta's Sayonara, Zetsubou-Sensei
  • Ken Akamatsu's Negima! Magister Negi Magi

"Seiun Shō" literally translates to "nebula awards," but the Japan SF Con's Seiun Awards are more akin to Worldcon's Hugo Awards, in that the attendees of each respective convention vote on the winners. There is another set of awards, the Science Fiction and Fantasy Writers of Japan's Nihon SF Taishō honors, that are the rough Japanese equivalent of the Science Fiction and Fantasy Writers of America's Nebula Awards. Like the Hugo Awards, the Seiun Awards honor all forms of speculative fiction — including but not limited to science fiction — and related materials.
Last year's Comic winner was Gundam the Origin, with Fullmetal Alchemist winning the category in 2011, Pluto in 2010, Trigun Maximum in 2009, and both 20th Century Boys and 21st Century Boys in 2008.

Angry Grimace

Angry Grimace

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";51456003]So, any good new manga around? No?[/QUOTE]

No.

Kurita

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";51456003]So, any good new manga around? No?[/QUOTE]

Nope

survivor-chan : did you watch Mother and Nodame Cantabile?

Time for some Japanese Sci-Fi award nominations:

Last year's Comic winner was Gundam the Origin, with Fullmetal Alchemist winning the category in 2011, Pluto in 2010, Trigun Maximum in 2009, and both 20th Century Boys and 21st Century Boys in 2008.

Hoshi wo Tsugu Mono based on a sci-fi novel (JP Hogan - Inherit The Stars), looks like the most compelling one on that list fitting in the theme.

Wiseblade

Don't mock those who dared to dream!

Team Future Sasuke
Wiseblade
TacticalFox88
B-Dubs
BassForever
Envelop
SuperMalo
Amikami
Infinite Justice

If Tobi would have turned out to the Sauske from the future I really would have laughed hard, it would have been pretty entertaining though. Then again I also wanted the Sharingan Tank to be real.

who didn't want the Sharingan Tank to be real lol

Don't mock those who dared to dream!

Team Future Sasuke
Wiseblade
TacticalFox88
B-Dubs
BassForever
Envelop
SuperMalo
Amikami
Infinite Justice

Best Team