• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTL| Not a lick of constructive conversation here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dresden

magi - 176

Finally, Alibaba.

Now where's Mor? lol

Koe no Katachi

Fuck this world :(

The ending was sweet, but fuck these kids and the teacher. And with the news of the manga getting serialized, I have no idea if I will be able to handle reading about all this bullying. I'm not sure how these oneshot -> serialization transitions work, but I imagine the timeskip is gonna be the endgame or maybe the midway point of the manga. So that will be a lot of chapters of rage inducing bullying.

Hopefully they'll cover the original story in a chapter or two before moving on.

upandaway

Koganeiro

wuJ78Za.png

Hahaha, that was pretty nice and feelgood. I feel good. And I got a nice icon out of it!
hkSawMS.png

Retcon: Koganeiro 1-END

That was nice. BUT THE STORY ISN'T FINISHED! Where is my "everyone aced their exams and got to follow their dreams and hooked up and lived happily ever after" epilogue?!
that was the final page

yes

also it obviously happened
hkSawMS.png

With the flashback. You need to give a reaction after the flashback is done. Maybe just before, you'll know when that time comes. You'll just know.
Well, I just finished the monkey dog demon fight. It can't be that many more chapters until it ends.

Kreed

Shingeki no Kyojin:

I wish SnK were weekly, too.

I meant next chapter, but yes, it would be awesome if this was weekly (it'd easily beat out the other weekly Shounen series in terms of entertainment/quality).

Magi 176:

The Barbatos equip was really disappointing. Even with Alibaba showing up (and he really shouldn't have been shown last chapter if he was going to make an "surprise" entrance like that) couldn't make up for that all or nothing attack that really did do nothing. He could have at least punched Aladdin. But now that Alibaba is here, I'm looking forward to seeing how Alibaba is treated by the Magicians after saving Aladdin.

caesar

Banned
I'm subscribed to this one guy on youtube, he is worth watching most of the time.

Just saw his Vagabond chapter review which was was really interesting.

Can't wait for more vagabond. So glad its back.

Sooo glad its back, although I struggle to read any other manga after reading it because the art puts so many to shame.

Okay, I'm starting 7 Seeds after dinner. I know nothing about it but the premise, hope it has atmosphere.

Kurita

Jojo Stardust Crusaders vol.2

A gorilla using a stand? Check.
A fabulous french character with a stupid ass name? Check.
Ridiculous poses? Check.
ORAORAORAORA? Check.

Akito

Welcome back survivor.

Magi
Epic entrance there Alibaba. Barbatos looks nice but is pretty underwhelming overall.

Stinky

Sooo glad its back, although I struggle to read any other manga after reading it because the art puts so many to shame.

Okay, I'm starting 7 Seeds after dinner. I know nothing about it but the premise, hope it has atmosphere.

I want to start reading 7 Seeds too. I'm going to catch up on Berserk and Hunter x Hunter first though. It'll probably take me years to catch up with JoJo. Which is a good thing!

If you say 7 Seeds three times God's Beard is summoned through your mirror

EDIT: Oh and I'm almost caught up with Magi. Great manga.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Magi 176

I like everyone being impressed with mu's djinn equip when alibaba is shown being able to stop it's extreme magic just by standing in the way.

Magi

It's fucking garbage that Mu's Djinn Equip is enough to completely overpower a goddamn Magi who had been limiting his power for YEARS and just unleashed all of it again.

I hate it when they make characters job to showcase the other guy.

upandaway

Magi 176

I like everyone being impressed with mu's djinn equip when alibaba is shown being able to stop it's extreme magic just by standing in the way.
Well it was more like preventing it than outright stopping it.
Not that Alibaba wouldn't have ACED THE CRAP OUT OF IT even if it did come off

Magi

It's fucking garbage that Mu's Djinn Equip is enough to completely overpower a goddamn Magi who had been limiting his power for YEARS and just unleashed all of it again.

...wait, years?

Berserk 95 (end of Volume 12)

He really did it. I'm not surprised by that, but the look in his eyes, this determination. All that, just for his dream. I really wish Gutts finished him off at some point.

And I know I sound like a broken record, but the monster art in general and more specifically the character design for the kindred is fantastic. I always wonder through what kind of nightmares someone's has to go through to come up with things like that.

Everyone should just drop what they're reading and start 7 Seeds.
That's a fantastic idea.

Korosenai

Toriko 18

Shit just got real. Well... It almost got real. Haven't seen that kind of reaction from Toriko or Coco yet, that thing must be strong.

Glad to see you're not dead survivor.
There was kind of a pun there and it was terrible.

Madofuki Park (oneshot)

Huh, this was inadvertently the first thing I've read with Murata art. It was pretty, but not much else.

Heroes of Fury (oneshot)

And this was the second. It actually got a good laugh out of me, making it the more enjoyable of the two by default.

Sukumi's! 01-08

The trials that three girls go through to establish a swimming club in a school with no pool. Basically they were swimsuits all day.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
Naruto

You know what? Fuck that he's ninja jesus.

Minato is the best character in this goddamn manga.

Come at me bros!

Except that he killed himself so he could basically set up a chakra DVD inside Naruto to play when he became a man.

Instead of... Not dying and raising Naruto. Because his solution was incredibly good.

He really did it. I'm not surprised by that, but the look in his eyes, this determination. All that, just for his dream. I really wish Gutts finished him off at some point.

And I know I sound like a broken record, but the monster art in general and more specifically the character design for the kindred is fantastic. I always wonder through what kind of nightmares someone's has to go through to come up with things like that.

He's a fan of medieval carvings and etchings IIRC.

http://waterboarding.org/files/waterboarding/images/inquisition.jpg

Toriko Ozone Herb Arc

Toriko and Komatsu officially form a pair, Toriko gets stronger, and we get a tease of even greater dangers that will put the world in chaos. It's getting really good really fast.

Yea but what sucks was that he fucked up on his own and instead of holding that L, he wiped the table.

Hell the Count was a better man than he was, but hey something has to make the story go on lol.

survivor

Banned
Again!! 24-28
HY59oqj.png

The summer retreat arc was well done and still manages to be funny. I didn't like some of the thoughts that went through Imamura's head, seemed a bit dickish, and I'm not even sure what he meant by this, I will need to think about it for some time. Also I didn't like the implications that Usami isn't aware of love, I really hope the manga doesn't go into bad romance writing territory.

Also, I remember skimming through the raws for chapter 27 when the translations were nearly dead and I was desperate for some Again chapters. It completely had a different meaning than what I thought it did when I read the raws

Welcome back survivor.
nakama

Glad to see you're not dead survivor.
There was kind of a pun there and it was terrible.
I'm fond of all puns.
Also seeing your post reminded me, I gotta read Screaming Lessons soon

caesar

Banned

That's a fantastic idea.

You should check out the first 3 volumes again, you'll notice how well its all been built. For example
the woman apostle that kills Corkus is the very first thing Guts kills on the first page.
Lots of cool stuff like that.

Magi

They are supposed to be stronger than a Magi, even though they are more limited in the time they can wield such power.

Looking forward to how the Magicians interact with Alibaba and the way he will respond to them and their treatmeant of the goi, also the eventual arrival of the Kou Army.

Berserk

You should check out the first 3 volumes again, you'll notice how well its all been built. For example
the woman apostle that kills Corkus is the very first thing Guts kills on the first page.

Plus
the Count who Guts kills in the early volumes was playing with Pippin's hollowed out body.

The shit was fucked up.

Atredeus

Neo Member
No way man, there's no coming back from getting caught deflowering a Princess. That's an instant ticket to torture till death.

Especially when the king has some incest fantasy about his own daughter.

Loving these Berserk reactions, and I never noticed the small details in the beginning you guys are pointing out.

Shinmai Fukei Kiruko-san 13
tumblr_mjgr72A3241qbxqfpo1_500.png

Actually laughed and was interested in this chapter, surprisingly, hearing the testimonials about Kiruko was really enjoyable just at how much they praised her as if she was god on Earth, teams streaming down their faces even. Should have made this chapter much earlier in this series short run.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
Especially when the king has some incest fantasy about his own daughter.

Loving these Berserk reactions, and I never noticed the small details in the beginning you guys are pointing out.

He was fine until Griffith talked him into tonguing her.

Stinky

Berserk

Plus
the Count who Guts kills in the early volumes was playing with Pippin's hollowed out body.

The shit was fucked up.

Wow, I did not notice any of this.

Stuff I want to get around to rereading eventually:
Berserk
Buddha
Cromartie High School
Eyeshield 21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom