• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTL| Not a lick of constructive conversation here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sis Plus 04-05

8GeBPvSl.png

Still funny especially now they are over introducing the sisters and doing random hijinks now.

one piece spoilers

- Color Spread: Mugiwara crew are in a broken boat rounded by sharks.
- The guy that last week told Luffy all about Mera Mera no Mi explains how Akuma no Mi appears again after users death.
- Luffy goes to Colosseum.
- Sanji is with Zoro, but a girl who dance flamenco appears and Sanji loses Zoro.
- The girls asks something Sanji and his nose bleed.
- Luffy participate in the Colosseum, and defeats one of the fighter before official fights.
Aohige_AP:
Quote:
Chapter 703:

The thug explains that there cannot be two of the same devil fruit at the same time,
but once a fruit user dies, the fruit reappears somewhere in the world.
Luffy expresses he wants the Mera Mera fruit. He asks Franky if he wants to eat it, but Franky doesn't want to lose his ability to swim.
Luffy says he can't eat it since he has the rubber fruit, but he doesn't want someone else to take his brother's fruit.
Franky guesses this may be Doflamingo's trap, but at the same time tells Luffy to not let go of this chance.
Either way they have to go to the Colosseum anyways, might as well not leave any regrets.

Zoro is chasing the fairy, but Sanji is distracted by flamenco dancers on the stage.
The dancing girl Violet gives him a wink.
Sanji loses the sight of Zoro, and contemplates on leaving him on this island, when Violet approach him and ask him to hug her.
Some soldiers are chasing her around with rifles in their hands....
Sanji of course goes in a flood of noseblood.
She says she's being chased by cops for stabbing a man.
WHen Sanji says he's perfectly find with a sabby woman, she claims she's falling in love with Sanji tells him there's a man she wants dead...

At the colosseum, cops are chasing the wanted "Toy Soldier", the same one who chased the children away last chapter.
The shoot him, but he easily dodges the bullets with "Jet Walk"
He is one-legged soldier, and jumps in the area of the colosseum, telling the cops that this is Donquioxte family's private area, and off-limits for cops and marines, and if they shoot him now, they will become the criminals.
He meets Luffy and Franky, and dances around to make Luffy laugh.
But he realizes Franky just wants him out of the way so they can get through.
He blushes red, and says it's a duty of a toy to make people happy.

Luffy enters the colosseum as "LUcy" entry number 0556
The place is filled with macho warriors, and in particular a 51-time monthly champion Spartan takes note of Luffy. He doesn't like him.
He tells Luffy this place is no place for a little weakling brat, and picks a fight with Luffy.
Luffy, of course, one shots him to the ground. LOL.

Kurita

Man, you really like to dig at my conscience with a fork.

I really don't think skipping to 25 is a good idea though, I've never heard of a successful case of it. But I don't know.
Well, I skipped the first 20 episodes since I read some volumes. But yeah, since it introduces characters they're worth watching.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Where are my spoilers.

Actually you know what, I don't want to read any spoilers, it'll be nice to go into the week blind for all 3.

I don't think I've seen a spoiler pre-chapter in a long time. The chapters + the spoilers have a tendency to come out in the middle of the night these days.

Maron

Nisekoi 67

This chapter opened my eyes to the revelation that Marika is the greatest character in the series. Not surprised that she got dead last in the popularity poll that VIZ Media recently did for the US Shonen Jump though.

dumbyugi

Jump #18 (01/04) :
One Piece (Cover & Lead Color Page)
Naruto
Assassination Classroom
Beelzebub
Sakuran(Kakkokari) (Color Page, One Shot, 21 pg.)
Kuroko no Basket
Toriko
Shokugeki no Souma (Color Page)
World Trigger (First Rank)
PSI Kusuo Saiki
Bleach
Hq!!
Nisekoi (Color Page)
Sket Dance
Gintama
Hungry Joker
Kochikame
Medaka Box
Shinmai Fukei Kiruko-san
Koisuru Edison
Cross Manage
Hunter x Hunter (Hiatus)

#19:

Cover & Lead CP: Assassination Classroom
CP: PSI Kusuo Saiki, World Trigger, Jieda no Tsuugakuji by Iwamoto Naoki (One Shot, 21 pg.)
Absent: Toriko

dumbyugi

Cross Manage and Kiruko are pretty much gone. Hungry Joker or Edison could also be canned if Jump decides to cancel 3 instead of 2.

Lain

Tokyo Alice volume 1-2
Ndn.jpg
Odn.jpg

I think the cover art is better than the art inside the books, but I love Toriko Chiya's style, even with its problems.

Just like the other work of hers I've read, Clover, this has a main cast of 4 working women friends dealing with general problems as well as love life problems.
So far I like Fu, the main character, despite her shopping habit that brings her to throw away money like nothing which ends with her having budget problems not even 1 week into a new month. She's a bit naive, unable to notice when a man is interested in her (she basically doesn't care about love, only about shopping) though that has been changing lately.

Sayuri is living the life, being rich and, since she has to marry soon (because her family wants her to) with a guy she doesn't love, spending every day bringing home a different man to have sex with in hopes to find her Sex Master.
I don't dislike her for her promiscuity (her reasoning for it isn't even all that bad "once I'm married I can't go fuck around and I don't want to have sex with my future husband more than twice, just to make a children or two, so I might as well do it now"), but the way she acts at times leaves a bit to be desired (her latest fight Mizuho had her end a bit on my bad side).

Mizuho has kinda been a bit too much in the background. She's the poor one, always hooking up with poor guys. She seems very sweet, but has too much of a hang-up on needing a man to feel sure. I don't disagree with some of the stuff she blurted to Sayuri after the failed date, but issues are on both camps.

Rio is the cool one. She's a doctor with no real relationship, though she's seeing another doctor (but mostly for sex it would appear or, as Sato puts it "to keep men's physiology in check constantly", since the person she's really in love with is her friend Fu and that since they met at school when they were younger). Nothing much to say about her except that it would be cool if her unrequited love for Fu could end well. It simply won't though, I'm sure.

exarkun

I hate Tae-chan. Has there ever been a worse girlfriend? All she does is cry and look very mediocre. And the population of the earth is just mean as crap. Just so the author can be "realistic". Its only realistic if the reader implicitly identifies with the situation, not if they are forced to understand that people are assholes and the hero's girlfriend doesn't have to be pretty to be a part of the story.

bleh, kill it already.

Ran and the Gray World 21-23

Looks like the Outarou-Ran romance plot is not going away anytime soon. How unfortunate.

The main story seems to be starting now. The transition from the more episodic chapters was pretty badly handled, imo. Jumping to the middle of Outarou's fight with the crows and then going back to explain made everything unnecessarily convoluted. Wasn't digging the part with opening the door either. At least now that everybody's living in the same house we're going to get more of the hijinks we saw in the previous chapter.

Naruto
The Senju and Uchiha heads were stupid and crazy and that not change to this day .
Finding out how they got the name of the village was cool .

Naruto

I really liked this chapter. Madara turning bad was inevitable, but i think his reasoning was understandable especially with Tobirama being a second hokage.

It´s not like Tobirama is wrong. He suggested democracy, and investigated the sharingan. Both are valid arguments/concerns when dealing with Madara.

Of course. Well I bet it was him who segregated the Uchihas from the rest of the village.

Its sad he didnt have faith in his brother decision and what ultimately led to Madara decision.

Naruto

So is Medara's plan to play the villain so that Tobirama won't persecute the Uchina? I feel like I need to read this chapter again later when I'm more awake it seems like Medara just jumped to bring evil.

One Piece
So Luffy wants to give Ace DF to some one he knows seem like him .
Can already see who Luffy going to give Ace DF to debates .
Sanji finally get lucky but this woman all sort of crazy lol .
Luffy already start kicking ass when will the chaos happen .

one piece

What a full of shit chapter. Oda needs to explain everything about DF now. How the hell did Daflamingo know where the DF grow? Do one DF grow per tree or what? Is there a field with all DF fruits there? Do DF only exist in one location (IIRC yeah, but i am not sure) How did he know what Ace´s DF looked like?

Kurita

One Piece

And people told me I was wrong when I said that Luffy wanted the fruit for obvious reasons.
Luffy already destroying people, the tournament will be so good :lol

Erigu

[Naruto]

.... So the Tsuchikage's flashback happened... when, exactly? Madara was part of Konoha, but hated Hashirama's guts.
Once again, shit doesn't fit, Kishimoto.

one piece

What a full of shit chapter. Oda needs to explain everything about DF now. How the hell did Daflamingo know where the DF grow? Do one DF grow per tree or what? Is there a field with all DF fruits there? Do DF only exist in one location (IIRC yeah, but i am not sure) How did he know what Ace´s DF looked like?

It was never said that all DF exist in one location .
As for how he know what Ace DF look like we know there is a book which have info on them .
Also wanting a no name to explain one of the biggest mysteries in OP which are DFs is lol .

It was never said that all DF exist in one location .
As for how he know what Ace DF look like we know there is a book which have info on them .
As for wanting a no name to explain one of the biggest mysteries in OP is lol .

Which the marines have and we still don´t know how they knew which fruit does what.

Naruto

After lots of people criticized Kishi for rectoning the foundation of the Leaf, but it looks like he kinda saved himself with this one.

one piece

Did you not pay any attention to punk hazard? We already saw what happens when a df user dies and what happens to the power. It transfers to the nearest fruit and that ordinary fruit becomes a df. And how it looked is easy after all the fruit is cover in flames...

Which the marines have and we still don´t know how they knew which fruit does what.

The marines are not the only people that have the book that has info on DF we saw BB had one when he was looking for the Yami Yami no Mi and Sanji also talk about it .
If i remember right the leader of CP 9 said something about a aura certain DF have .

One Piece

Great chapter, pretty obvious why Luffy would want to obtain his brother's df power. Sanji getting a babe was pretty awesome too probably won't end well for him

Did you not pay any attention to punk hazard? We already saw what happens when a df user dies and what happens to the power. It transfers to the nearest fruit and that ordinary fruit becomes a df. And how it looked is easy after all the fruit is cover in flames...

It happened to the nearest fruit. So that leaves where was the nearest fruit and how come he knew where it is got to it.

It happened to the nearest fruit. So that leaves where was the nearest fruit and how come he knew where it is got to it.

Doflamingo was at the execution. It's not that much of a stretch that he prepared a suitable fruit before hand.

Not only that, but it's possible the reason that he went after Moriah was not simply to capture/kill him but also to find the DF using the job of a warlord to mask his real intentions as he always did, hence boasting after not being sure if he actually did his job of killing Moriah or not.

wonzo

Banned
Ran and the Gray World 20.5-23

Holy shit, I was expecting shit to go down soon after the ominous scene with the door earlier but I definitely wasn't expecting things to go down like that. Hell, not only did they have the door open but it happened by effectively getting rid of that slimeball but in a way that I actually felt really sorry for him. this fuckin' manga man :bow :bow

Now the wait for Volume 5 to come out begins. :(

The Seven Deadly Sins 21

Damn, that assassin's hardcore as fuck and Ban's way of speaking is really starting to get on my nerves, seriously.

Binbougami ga! 56

not lewd enough imo

wahjah friend moe 3

i wonder if the third friend will ever pop up again in the main series

Zeppu

One Piece

My guess remains that by the time the tournament starts Luffy/Franky will have one shotted/haki'd all contestants in the waiting room. Violet's obviously up to something. Zoro is surprisingly lost again. I'm most curious about that one legged toy soldier.

I also still don't believe that all devil fruits transfer to the nearest fruit but that that was a unique feature of the artificial DFs created by Caesar. Real fruit probably just spawn somewhere and Dofla, with all his connections would've easily gotten his hands on it that way.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Glass Mask vol. 7

lT9Uzpk.png

The cojones on this girl. Her ability to improvise is seriously amazing.

This the period where she is recognised as a the storm of the stage. Which is hilariously over dramatic in a way, but in the context of the story it's pretty badass. Also the volume where ayumi is officially recognised as the rival of maya, creating one of the best rivalries in manga I reckon.

Wiseblade

Sanji and Blackbeard both mentioned that there is a book catalogue in existence that lists the name, power and look of Devil Fruits. Spandam even mentions that most Devil Fruits are accounted for. On top of that, I'm pretty sure it is mentioned somewhere that Even if you eat an unidentified Devil Fruit, You'll innately learn it's name and power afterwards.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Kabu no Isaki 27-28

Man, the sexual tension in these two chapters are off the roof. Well, as far as Kabu no Isaki goes anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom