• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTL| Not a lick of constructive conversation here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kreed

One Piece 703:

Every single non-DF Strawhat has some sort of a fire attack already.. and I really have no clue who else could possibly eat it once Luffy takes it. But I'm hilariously curious to each SH's reactions to being offered the fruit (especially Usopp), haha.
I'm gonna gamble and say the fruit is gonna be eaten before the issue of its owner is settled. Maybe by mistake, or by some independent party, or any other possibility.

Violet's okay but I really really like the one legged soldier (surprised he has no name). Starting to consider a toy to be up for nakama this arc.. I wouldn't be against it.

I think you're right about the reactions from all the Straw Hats being offered the fruit, but Oda is definitely going to have Luffy save it for the eventual Sabo reunion. It's too "Oda" for it not to happen. It's also the perfect set up for Oda to create another mystery and have readers discuss "who is getting Ace's fruit" for years once Luffy gets rejected by all the Straw Hats and stores it somewhere on the ship.

I can't see a toy joining up as a Nakama though (or even helping the Straw Hats), they all seem too loyal to Doflamingo. Plus I think a toy would go into Chopper's cute territory.

Akito

Maison Ikkoku v7 part 1
I have to split this volume because it's freaking too long. So Yusaku manages to man up to chase after Kyoko and even finds her after the infuriating chasing charade but does not have the balls to even say that he did indeed chase after her?

ibzbFeCrTCuo82.gif

upandaway

One Piece 703:

I think you're right about the reactions from all the Straw Hats being offered the fruit, but Oda is definitely going to have Luffy save it for the eventual Sabo reunion. It's too "Oda" for it not to happen. It's also the perfect set up for Oda to create another mystery and have readers discuss "who is getting Ace's fruit" for years once Luffy gets rejected by all the Straw Hats and stores it somewhere on the ship.

I can't see a toy joining up as a Nakama though (or even helping the Straw Hats), they all seem too loyal to Doflamingo. Plus I think a toy would go into Chopper's cute territory.
I guess it's possible for the SHs to save up a fruit or two. We've seen big profile crews nonchalantly have fruits or come across fruits already. My initial reaction was that the fruit matter will be settled inside this arc, but who knows.

All of the toys so far go into either Chopper or Brook territory but it's not like toys in general are any less varied than humans, if Oda wants them to be.

survivor

Banned
Maison Ikkoku v7 part 1
I have to split this volume because it's freaking too long. So Yusaku manages to man up to chase after Kyoko and even finds her after the infuriating chasing charade but does not have the balls to even say that he did indeed chase after her?

ibzbFeCrTCuo82.gif

Reading all your reactions to this manga, it looks like this will be a good read after Good Ending.

Naruto
The most emo uchiha in existance.

Bleach
Does that mean Isshin saw Azien? If so it's strange that he kept quiet about what he saw.

One Piece
I don't like that Luffy cares about the fruit but whatever. Hopefully none the strawhats get it and it gets fed to a sword or going merry. Ace's surfboard thing could still float on water using his fire so why couldn't going merry?

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Naruto
The most emo uchiha in existance.

Bleach
Does that mean Isshin saw Azien? If so it's strange that he kept quiet about what he saw.

One Piece
I don't like that Luffy cares about the fruit but whatever. Hopefully none the strawhats get it and it gets fed to a sword or going merry. Ace's surfboard thing could still float on water using his fire so why couldn't going merry?

Because Merry has been dead since 2006. Where have you been?

Kreed

One Piece 703:

I guess it's possible for the SHs to save up a fruit or two. We've seen big profile crews nonchalantly have fruits or come across fruits already. My initial reaction was that the fruit matter will be settled inside this arc, but who knows.

All of the toys so far go into either Chopper or Brook territory but it's not like toys in general are any less varied than humans, if Oda wants them to be.

Honestly I was in the camp of Luffy not even caring abou the fruit, but once he said he was getting it and was going to give it to some one, it became more obvious that it would be Sabo out of anyone. None of the Straw Hats are going to agree to eat Ace's fruit, simply because it's Ace's (including people like Jinbei/past associates). Oda could go the "random route" of course and have some random character eat it, but then that character would instantly become super important, so he'd have to choose someone "worthy" anyway otherwise it would piss off readers.

So far all the toys have been very "Nut Cracker"-ish, but you're right, Oda could introduce a more stylized toy that could fight (maybe more humanoid looking). Of course we still need to know where these toys come from/how they work/etc before this could become a serious discussion.

Wiseblade

Is Luffy even looking for more crew members? I thought he got everything covered.

Jimbei.

Also, Luffy has never really seemed to care about making sure every member of the crew has a role. Zoro doesn't really have a special job outside of "being strong". He also invited Usopp, Chopper, Robin and Brook to join without thinking about what their skills were.

One Piece 703

The color spread was really nice, though needed Sanji. Zoro and Luffy were cool, and it was kind of funny in concept. Arc is going in a direction, at least, where I didn't expect so its actually starting to feel pretty solid and rather alright, Luffy instantly doing stuff right off was fun to see.

Have they just stopped any effort to even provide any translation or anything to go with the sound effects?

rouken

What are you guys talking about, Sabo is dead :(

One Piece

contrary to people's theories in this thread, Oda seems to be going for the tournament arc. I'm okay with that as long as there would be awesome fights for lucy.

also, lucy cares for ace's DF because he doesn't want some nobody gaining the title that his brother got. and that DF is pretty powerful why not go for it?

Jimbei.

Also, Luffy has never really seemed to care about making sure every member of the crew has a role. Zoro doesn't really have a special job outside of "being strong". He also invited Usopp, Chopper, Robin and Brook to join without thinking about what their skills were.

Didn't he invite Brook, because he wanted a musician and Chopper, because they needed a doctor?

He got a swordsman with Zoro, a cook with Sanji, a doc with Chopper, a shipwright with Franky, a navigator with Nami and a musician with Brook.

BatDan

Didn't he invite Brook, because he wanted a musician and Chopper, because they needed a doctor?

He got a swordsman with Zoro, a cook with Sanji, a doc with Chopper, a shipwright with Franky, a navigator with Nami and a musician with Brook.

He didn't know Chopper was a doctor. He merely invited him because he was a talking reindeer and he looked cool. It wasn't until they were on the ship that Luffy learned he was a doctor.
Same with Brook, he didn't know he was a musician. He invited him because he was a talking skeleton and he looked cool.

Zeppu

He invited Brook immediately when he saw him. He was also pleasantly surprised that Chopper was a doctor after he had decided he was joining (as emergency food).

Wiseblade

He didn't know Brook was a musician or that Chopper was a doctor when he invited them. They were just Skeleton Man and Transforming Deer to him.

IHaveIce

Banned
false hope :(

but i would cry manly tears the day sabo shows up. and i was really hoping that he would contact luffy after ace died or talked to robin after she was taken by the revolutionaries.

Who says he didn't talk to Robin?

I mean we know nothing about the past 2 years..that pisses me off. I mean she talked with Dragon..Luffy's father and didn't say a goddamn thing

BatDan

One Piece

Well, it looks a tournament will happen. Though I imagine Luffy is going to own everyone in the waiting room before it starts.

If "Lucy" is a Take That to Fairy Tail, then Oda is an amazing troll.

Assassination Classroom

Go Class E!
"Assuming Earth lasts that long" Any idea of where we are in the story? As in how many months left until Korosensei supposedly blows up the Earth?

I still believe that a greater threat will come along and the story will keep going.

rouken

Who says he didn't talk to Robin?

I mean we know nothing about the past 2 years..that pisses me off. I mean she talked with Dragon..Luffy's father and didn't say a goddamn thing

yeah, that's my problem with what's happening. i get zoro not talking about being trained by mihawk. but robin talking to dragon is essential plot that needs to be known and discussed.

Kurita

yeah, that's my problem with what's happening. i get zoro not talking about being trained by mihawk. but robin talking to dragon is essential plot that needs to be known and discussed.
Zoro talked about it with Luffy, we just saw Luffy asking him about what he did during 2 years in the background when they went to FI.
Since the reader knows that Oda didn't focus on it.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Your picture doesn't work, but it's still an interesting statement.

I fixed it. imgur was being annoying and not working like it does like 60% of the time and I didn't want to rehost it and it appeared to work from my station.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Bleach

The story was fine, but I was getting kind of bothered by the fact that Kubo only knows how to draw like 3 faces and it started getting super obvious in this chapter.

Kreed

One Piece:

Oh man. I probably missed some of these. Anyone have a list? Also, I LOVED OP 703. I thought it was a great chapter.

Besides the one I posted earlier, the other was Luffy's dad's crew finding a boy in the water and saving him around the time Sabo's ship got blasted.

Naito

Kimi no Iru Machi 1-66

So I, kind of randomly, picked up Kimi no Iru Machi.
I didn't mind the first 3 volumes, 'twas quirky and something I could enjoy reading.
Things started to get more serious and, at first, I was still positive since most of it
felt light hearted. Unfortunately the characters started to pull out the best tricks
from GE's repertoire and that was the signal to bail out. Bummer.

Now I'm asking myself why I ever decided to read it. Time to drink.

Village

Naruto

PTSD, It's not emo.

On a less psychoanalytic note
Bleach
I hope this story isn't going where I think its going,...
this story does not need the added edgyness of ichigo's mom being...eh
I hope whe demon gets magically fused to someone.
Or its a secrey family member

Wiseblade

Kimi no Iru Machi 1-66

I didn't mind the first 3 volumes, 'twas quirky and something I could enjoy reading.
Things started to get more serious and, at first, I was still positive since most of it
felt light hearted. Unfortunately the characters started to pull out the best tricks

You did the right thing.

survivor

Banned
Kimi no Iru Machi 1-66

Oh hey, I bailed out around the same chapters count too.

Naruto 625

Well at least the flashback is moving along quickly. Hashirama may be a badass, but he sincerely needs to take some advice from Tobirama, who keeps showing how he's the most sensible ninja in the series, and just let go of his little romance with Madara.

Bleach 531

Rather disappointed that Engetsu is a "fire-type" zanpakuto (would have at least liked if Kubo used another element). Rest of chapter was okay, though the Aizen appearance at the end was gold.

One Piece 703

Lucy already beating down all those minor characters and lol Sanji with his nosebleed problem making another appearance. Glad Franky refused the fruit quickly, because while I'm all for Sabo having the power when he makes his reappearance, I rather like it if the SH crew just kept the fruit throughtout their travels and at the end series just give it to Makino's kid for his own adventure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom