• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTL| Not a lick of constructive conversation here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bossun

I hope its not something bad. It would be horrific for Shiba if he was part of Shadow Business.

I don't know. In all honesty Miura still hasn't had his big scene. He was presented as a good guy, that was keeping the class in check only with his charisma.
He was awesome, but then it kind of fell flat for him and he didn't serve a very big purpose.
Also, he's the only youth (part of the main characters) that never did anything bad for now..

There were a few panels, I don't remember in which chapter where we saw Miura or Katou, thinking deeply about something, but it never went anywhere.

And since I don't want him to be bad, I just hope, if he has anything to do with it, it's that it was his idea to stop shadow business.

On the other side, shadow business is basically what Katou did but on a bigger scale, so there might be a connection there.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
And god bless him for it.

NO I CAN'T STOP YELLING 'CAUSE THAT'S HOW I TALK! HAVEN'T YOU SEEN MY ANIME?

GRsVDui.jpg

Akito

Maison Ikkoku v4
This is starting to get on my nerves. Yusaku and Kyoko know well enough that they're into each other but for god knows what reason because Yusaku's a spineless hack he still goes out with his supposed-to-be girlfriend -> Kyoko gets jealous -> she goes out with Mitaka as "revenge" -> Yusaku gets jealous -> continues to go out with his girlfriend... Thus begins the never-ending circle of stupidity.
The only ray of hope is Yusaku's grandma, she's better at trolling than all of the three joke characters that are the tenants at the boarding house combined.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Maison Ikkoku v4
This is starting to get on my nerves. Yusaku and Kyoko know well enough that they're into each other but for god knows what reason because Yusaku's a spineless hack he still goes out with his supposed-to-be girlfriend -> Kyoko gets jealous -> she goes out with Mitaka as "revenge" -> Yusaku gets jealous -> continues to go out with his girlfriend... Thus begins the never-ending circle of stupidity.
The only ray of hope is Yusaku's grandma, she's better at trolling than all of the three joke characters that are the tenants at the boarding house combined.

Keep going.

Yusaku was an idiot, but just keep reading.

Also the grandma is the master troll.

Akito

Keep going.

Yusaku was an idiot, but just keep reading.

Also the grandma is the master troll.
No worries, it's not become that bad yet :lol
Besides I'm really curious about the ending arc.

Maison Ikkoku v5
Same old same old. I have a feeling that we were barely moving an inch during this volume plot-wise. Ah well, it's one volume less, 5 more to go.

Yonafunu

Thats what my friend told me to do as well. Watched both episode 25 and 26. Found it to be meh at best.

Then I guess it's not really for you. Episode 25 is by no means the best episode, and it gets better, but 25 is where it started to get on track.

EDIT:
Mind you, it's been quite a while since I've seen Gintama, so this might not be very accurate.
It's just that to me, and many of my friends, around 25 is where I thought "I'm really enjoying this, this is fun".

Defuser

Just continue watching Gintama and you will be reward with fuck awesome shit like this.

izqMjOZX9eEFx.gif

Again ep 31
Oh man, Danchou is falling deeper and deeper into Imamura. lol at the gang's reactions.

It begins

Jump Issue #18 Bottom 8
Sket Dance
Gintama
Hungry Joker
Kochikame
Medaka Box
Rookie Policewoman Kiruko-san
Koisuru Edison
Cross Manage

If this is accurate wouldn't that mean world trigger is doing decent? This was its first week being ranked right?

survivor

Banned
Laughter in the End of the World vol 1 End
xjCi65u.jpg

When writing a story about a demon outcast, it's really hard for me to care about him when he is a bad character accompanied with a shitty little kid. I sorta understand him being a dick is part of his personality, but even some asshole characters can be likeable and he wasn't.

There was a lot of promise in the story, especially the mythology and the world. The atmosphere was just right most of the times, but then when you have these dumb jumps to comedic moments it's really off putting and ruins the entire tone the manga is trying to achieve. At the end, whatever good parts the manga had was brought down by bad info dumps, unlikeable characters, and crappy themes of prosecutions. Good thing this was just a short read cause I'm not confident of the writer's ability to make more interesting scenarios without repeating himself.

xjCi65u.jpg

When writing a story about a demon outcast, it's really hard for me to care about him when he is a bad character accompanied with a shitty little kid. I sorta understand him being a dick is part of his personality, but even some asshole characters can be likeable and he wasn't.

There was a lot of promise in the story, especially the mythology and the world. The atmosphere was just right most of the times, but then when you have these dumb jumps to comedic moments it's really off putting and ruins the entire tone the manga is trying to achieve. At the end, whatever good parts the manga had was brought down by bad info dumps, unlikeable characters, and crappy themes of prosecutions. Good thing this was just a short read cause I'm not confident of the writer's ability to make more interesting scenarios without repeating himself.

Wut? I don't understand the characters were the best part of LitEofW

Cwarrior

Personally I can't watch or read cringe stuff anymore,my mind and body rejects them.

This one the effects reading and watching too much manga & anime has had on me.

Likewise for me. UK version of the Office was very uncomfortable to watch for me. I don't think I even finished the first season.

I am from the uk not even I understand that show,I got the american verison which I watched later.

It's no phoneshop,you should check out phoneshop if want a uk comedy show(it's quite accurate on how londoner talk like nowadays).

Kusagari

I have to pause numerous times while watching cringe stuff because I just can't take it all in one go.

That recent scene from Haganai had me pacing around my room as I tried to get through it.

Akito

Maison Ikkoku v6
Jesus those volumes are getting bigger and bigger, this one has almost 500 and the next one over 500 pages. Anyway finally something was happening again, not really on the romantic side because Yusaku still can't say no to anyone and anything even if his life depends on it but at least he got out of college and a job for like 2 days. I guess this is the point where things will get more serious, I don't think I could have taken another long arc as stupid as the one with Kozue.

Cwarrior

Gintama episode 5

All of a sudden I'm feeling really sleepy...

Gintama anime is a very powerful sedative,it's great for puting you to sleep in those restless nights when you have work in the morning.

Thanky you gintama.

If you think it's boring now then your mind will go numb when the shinpachi episode come or more listen to filler character x sob story episode.

survivor

Banned
I am from the uk not even I understand that show,I got the american verison which I watched later.

It's no phoneshop,you should check out phoneshop if want a uk comedy show(it's quite accurate on how londoner talk like nowadays).
Hmm, will check out PhoneShop.

The only other British sitcoms I have watched are IT Crowd and Black Books and I loved both of them.

Did get some manga today, like the lottsa color pages in the Gundam Origin and Blood Lad omnibus 2.
http://24.media.tumblr.com/d1054aad294371bf7634f621093fa878/tumblr_mkasyibpOE1qbxqfpo1_500.jpg[img][/QUOTE]
Origin has one awesome hardcover edition. The colour pages I have seen are great.

http://i.imgur.com/xjCi65u.jpg?1[img]

There was a lot of promise in the story, especially the mythology and the world. The atmosphere was just right most of the times, but then when you have these dumb jumps to comedic moments it's really off putting and ruins the entire tone the manga is trying to achieve. At the end, whatever good parts the manga had was brought down by bad info dumps, unlikeable characters, and crappy themes of prosecutions. Good thing this was just a short read cause I'm not confident of the writer's ability to make more interesting scenarios without repeating himself.[/QUOTE]

Have you read Kekkaishi? It's by the same author, Yellow Tanabe, and I thought she did a pretty good job of keeping that series fresh over time, although I thought Laughter was pretty good too so your mileage may vary.

oni_saru

hey speaking of incest....

I am currently re-reading Angel Sanctuary by Kaori Yuki. Last time I read this was some time late middle school or high school.

It amazes me that the whole he banged his sister didn't hit me as much as it does now. But yeah he banged his sister :O

But I guess it goes with the theme of forbidden love, rebels against God's plan, etc. Anyways small thoughts on the arcs I've read so far.

Assiah arc-- Not much to say here just that it's an interesting beginning (rebel angel reincarnated into human, said human is proclaimed savior, plans to throw heaven down). Introduces some of the key characters. Brings about a few mysteries. It's funny how a seemingly unimportant character becomes a major one later on. Kaori mentions she sort of foreshadowed his importance but I don't think so. Beginning establishes Setsuna's one track mind (save Sara, screw everyone else)

Hades Here after the end events of the first arc (Sarah's death), Setsuna goes to find her soul. Originally when I first read this arc I found it a bit boring and kind of a time waste. But now i think differently. This arc changes Setsuna for the better. He starts to think of others and not just himself & Sarah as much anymore. I think here he sort of starts to see the big picture (though it's a slight development on his part since later he just goes back to his old one track mind of save Sarah). Kato becomes an important player in the game. More about the angel hierarchy and heaven's situation is revealed. Also knowing how it ends, I can appreciate all the little things that don't seem important at the time but eventually do become key points in the story.

Gehenna Kurai's "I love Setsuna" crap is a bit tiresome. But this chapter is worth it for the new character, one of the seven satans: Belial! I love that Kaori Yuki doesn't chicken out on Belial and have him regret his decisions. Belial is a devil all the way through and that doesn't change! Overall chapter was worth just to see a bit more on the way hell works.

Starting the Yetzirah arc. Will be fun to see how all the small things connect. That's one interesting bit about AS. So many small things that eventually play big roles in the overall plot. Re-reading it now I think I can appreciate it that. Also each character she introduces is just as interesting as the others!

survivor

Banned
Wut? I don't understand the characters were the best part of LitEofW
Dude was just an asshole and the little flashback didn't help in making me care about him.

Have you read Kekkaishi? It's by the same author, Yellow Tanabe, and I thought she did a pretty good job of keeping that series fresh over time, although I thought Laughter was pretty good too so your mileage may vary.

I think I read the first couple volumes long time ago. The premise didn't held my attention to be honest.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Maison Ikkoku v6
Jesus those volumes are getting bigger and bigger, this one has almost 500 and the next one over 500 pages. Anyway finally something was happening again, not really on the romantic side because Yusaku still can't say no to anyone and anything even if his life depends on it but at least he got out of college and a job for like 2 days. I guess this is the point where things will get more serious, I don't think I could have taken another long arc as stupid as the one with Kozue.

500? Did you get the omnibus or something?

Lain

hey speaking of incest....

I am currently re-reading Angel Sanctuary by Kaori Yuki. Last time I read this was some time late middle school or high school.

It amazes me that the whole he banged his sister didn't hit me as much as it does now. But yeah he banged his sister :O

I should read it then.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Where are my spoilers.

Actually you know what, I don't want to read any spoilers, it'll be nice to go into the week blind for all 3.

suzu

Ran and the Gray World 20-23

Seems like a lotta shit is happening!

The Seven Deadly Sins 20-21

♪ I dunno why, but I can't help but like the way Ban speaks. ♪

Atredeus

Neo Member
Trying to stay up for the new chapters makes me feel like a kid again, staying up to try to see Santa.

But the chapters are real :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom