• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTL| Not a lick of constructive conversation here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wiseblade

Naruto 625

A Senju continuing to trust an Uchiha long after everyone else has given up on him. Where have I heard that before...

Oh yeah! THE LAST 624 CHAPTERS.

Jump #18 (01/04) :
One Piece (Cover & Lead Color Page)
Naruto
Assassination Classroom
Beelzebub
Sakuran(Kakkokari) (Color Page, One Shot, 21 pg.)
Kuroko no Basket
Toriko
Shokugeki no Souma (Color Page)
World Trigger (First Rank)
PSI Kusuo Saiki
Bleach
Hq!!
Nisekoi (Color Page)
Sket Dance
Gintama
Hungry Joker
Kochikame
Medaka Box
Shinmai Fukei Kiruko-san
Koisuru Edison
Cross Manage
Hunter x Hunter (Hiatus)

#19:

Cover & Lead CP: Assassination Classroom
CP: PSI Kusuo Saiki, World Trigger, Jieda no Tsuugakuji by Iwamoto Naoki (One Shot, 21 pg.)
Absent: Toriko
World Trigger swiftly on its way to being the part of the new gens big three. Really quality story. Excited for the color page.

789shadow

Banned
Bleach

Boring OH SHIT WAIT IT'S FUCKING AIZEN

Naruto

Blah. Madara's swings from good to evil are ridiculous.

One Piece

That waiting room is toast.

Deadly

Naruto 625

A Senju continuing to trust an Uchiha long after everyone else has given up on him. Where have I heard that before...

Oh yeah! THE LAST 624 CHAPTERS.
Naruto isn't Senju though. But yeah it was kinda lame.

Bleach
Dat Aizen backstab!

One Piece
so owned

Akito

Bleach
Aizen stole the show again.

Naruto
Madara's mood swings are ridiculous.

One Piece
Setup chapter. I hope that it really wasn't just a regular thief who stole Zoro's sword. Sanji's sub story seems interesting. It looks like the old man is participating in the tournament so that could be fun. Time for Luffy Lucy to kick some ass.

IHaveIce

Banned
Bleach
Ok this is all pretty strange. Aizen attacks Isshin but at the Fake Karakura Town Arc he calls him Isshin Kurosaki and even made a comment that suggested he didn't know that he was Ichigo's father.

I'm a little disappointed by Aizen :/

The Hollow was boring I hope there comes more with it.

One Piece

Still calling Bullshit that Luffy cares so much about the fruit. The girl Sanji was flirting with looked again just like a Robin copy :/ Boring.

Luffy oneshotting the gladiator was fun.

Naruto

So .. Uchiha's were all the time whiny emobrats who changed their opinion on the fly? Goodto know, what a dumb flashback, what should this story change about Sasuke's view?

Bleach: boring, so who the fuck is Yhwach anyways? Is he just some random enemy? Aizen is the true fucking villain he's been behind everything since the start.

One Piece: This is giving me major DB tourny vibes

Naruto: Good god what shit. Tobirama was right the Uchiha needed to be exterminated. Why the fuck isn't Tobirama the main character? He's the only one who sees the big picture, while Harsihma is an idiot madly in love with Madara who is clearly evil. All this death and suffering would have been averted had H-man let his brother finish Madara off.

Wiseblade

I don't get this. I don't see how you can call bullshit on this. Some asshole has his dead brother's fruit, of course he wants it back!

Ace didn't have the fire fruit when they first met. it doesn't even factor into Luffy's memories of the time they shared. Ace was just all "Hey bro, I have a Logia and work for Whitebeard now, bye!" in Alabasta. Luffy not caring about the fruit makes more sense and is more consistent with his character than the other way round.

Ace didn't have the fire fruit when they first met. it doesn't even factor into Luffy's memories of the time they shared. Ace was just all "Hey bro, I have a Logia and work for Whitebeard now, bye!" in Alabasta. Luffy not caring about the fruit makes more sense and is more consistent with his character than the other way round.

Luffy also cares about what other people care about , he did not even know WB but he protect him because Ace like him .
So is no far out to think he see Ace DF as something Ace cared about and it's also about not having any random punk having it's power since it going to be associated with Ace .

So he wants a memento of his brother. It makes sense, luffy looked up to his brother, they were both protective of each other. Luffy doesn't want Aces fruit in the hands of of Doflamingos group. if anything it confirms he's going to go berserk when he finds Akainu.

Wiseblade

Luffy also cares about what other people care about , he did not even know WB but he protect him because Ace like him .
So is no far out to think he see Ace DF as something Ace cared about and it's also about not having any random punk having it's power since it going to be associated with Ace .
Protecting your living brother's captain is different than fighting for your dead brother's Fruit.
So he wants a memento of his brother. It makes sense, luffy looked up to his brother, they were both protective of each other. Luffy doesn't want Aces fruit in the hands of of Doflamingos group. if anything it confirms he's going to go berserk when he finds Akainu.
Like I said, the Ace that Luffy knew didn't have a Devil Fruit. And of course Lufy is going to go berserk when he sees Akainu. That's the guy who killed his brother.

Bleach

Damn, I want to know more about this hollow. Aizen interfering was kinda lame, but Ryuuken's involvement could be interesting. At least Kubo didn't do his usual backstabbing panel.

Steroyd

But his most recent memory of Ace is him as Fire Fist Ace, everyone remembers him as Fire Fist Ace.

It's not like Lucy doesn't want anyone to have the fruit, so long as it isn't some random scrubs.

IHaveIce

Banned

Protecting your living brother's captain is different than fighting for your dead brother's Fruit.

Like I said, the Ace that Luffy knew didn't have a Devil Fruit. And of course Lufy is going to go berserk when he sees Akainu. That's the guy who killed his brother.

Exactly my opinion.

Bleach

Damn, I want to know more about this hollow. Aizen interfering was kinda lame, but Ryuuken's involvement could be interesting. At least Kubo didn't do his usual backstabbing panel.

Yep agreed, will wait for the mask crumbling moment and revealing Ichigo's face under the mask :D

Luffy fought to protect Hiluluk pirate flag since means something to chopper only difference is this time Ace DF means something to him since it's associated with Ace .
He does not want to keep the DF but it mattered to Ace so why should some random person have something his bro cared about it .

Wiseblade

Luffy fought to protect Hiluluk pirate flag since means something to chopper only difference is this time Ace DF means something to him since it's associated with Ace .
He does not want ro heep the DF but it mattered to Ace so why should some random person have something his bro cared about .

Luffy didn't have a clue about the significane of Hiriluk's Flag's significance, he just didn't want some fake pirate disrespecting the Skull and Crossbones.

Wiseblade

But his most recent memory of Ace is him as Fire Fist Ace, everyone remembers him as Fire Fist Ace.

It's not like Lucy doesn't want anyone to have the fruit, so long as it isn't some random scrubs.

And for that, he already has Red Hawk. It's just a fruit, it isn't the 4-Star Dragonball.

Sounds like a new "Tobi = Sasuke from the future" theory!

If Kubo actually pulls a "Mystery Hollow is ____ from the future" then I might have to start reading Bleach again.

Kreed

One Piece 703:

Can't wait to see Luffy and Sabo fighting side by side after Sabo gets the fire fruit...in another 400 chapters.

Naruto

I dont really get Madara, one minute he's teaming up with Hashirama, one convo later he turns into a emo bloodlust person, guess that's Uchiha for you

Korosenai

One Piece

I don't get this. I don't see how you can call bullshit on this. Some asshole has his dead brother's fruit, of course he wants it back!

This, and like someone said before, he went through Impel Down and Marineford to save him, and then watched him die in his hands and almost went fucking crazy and killed himself afterwards because of it. So do people really expect him to hear about a chance to recover the mera mera fruit (which is synonymous with Ace, his name, and who he was) and just go "So? Who wants that?" Of course he will want to get it back.

Bleach

I loved this chapter. So Engetsu is a fire zampakto. That´s a surprise. Ichigo´s i want to protect has gotten it from Masaki.

Aizennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn. Haha, so typical of him. Isshin is still powerful but as Aizen has put it before,

The betrayal you can see is trivial. What is truly fearsome, is the betrayal that you don't see
This incident does not show Isshin weaker than Aizen or anything.

Oh yeah i knew Katagiri was a hybrid. There´s no way a pure blood would be a servant, and humans are out of the question.

It also seems that Aizen has copied Urahara´s riatsu erasing coat.

Naruto

This manga wants me to think of Tobirama as intolerant and unreasonable....

But...he's the only person in this flashback that's not a fucking moron.

Da fuq?

Apparently, asking someone to kill themselves in place of their brother for murdering a murderer in a war is considered "wisdom".

Apparently killing oneself completely unnecessarily and leaving the world to fend for itself with a powerful, unstoppable lunatic is what heros do.

Apparently the heros want to make a person not even trusted by his own people as the leader of a fragile new form of government.

With such quality, I am not even sure I want to see the peace the real hero of the story ushers in.

Bleach

I like how Aizen is wearing the same cloak Urahara did when he confronted Aizen back in the Turn Back the Pendulum Arc.

Interesting.

upandaway

One Piece

Every single non-DF Strawhat has some sort of a fire attack already.. and I really have no clue who else could possibly eat it once Luffy takes it. But I'm hilariously curious to each SH's reactions to being offered the fruit (especially Usopp), haha.
I'm gonna gamble and say the fruit is gonna be eaten before the issue of its owner is settled. Maybe by mistake, or by some independent party, or any other possibility.

Violet's okay but I really really like the one legged soldier (surprised he has no name). Starting to consider a toy to be up for nakama this arc.. I wouldn't be against it.

Steroyd

And for that, he already has Red Hawk. It's just a fruit, it isn't the 4-Star Dragonball.

It might as well be, given the things Luffy went through to save Ace.

Naruto

These Uchiha mood swings got old a million chapters ago, the sad part is that right now the arc is better now than it was pre-flashback. :(

Naruto

This manga wants me to think of Tobirama as intolerant and unreasonable....

But...he's the only person in this flashback that's not a fucking moron.

Da fuq?

Yeah just about the only person who done is goddamn homework.

IHaveIce

Banned
One Piece

Every single non-DF Strawhat has some sort of a fire attack already.. and I really have no clue who else could possibly eat it once Luffy takes it. But I'm hilariously curious to each SH's reactions to being offered the fruit (especially Usopp), haha.
I'm gonna gamble and say the fruit is gonna be eaten before the issue of its owner is settled. Maybe by mistake, or by some independent party, or any other possibility.

Violet's okay but I really really like the one legged soldier (surprised he has no name). Starting to consider a toy to be up for nakama this arc.. I wouldn't be against it.

Sabo will eat it!

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Glass mask vol 12

Honestly this is still something that bothers me about glass mask. Is extreme improvisation and actor interpretation actually encouraged in theatre? Glass mask really likes it to take it to the extreme, though it's pretty fun the way they do it.

upandaway

I dunno if it's really worth talking about Luffy's reaction to the fruit after the fact. It was fun to guess, but in the end, manga character or not, it's not a reaction based entirely on his character so far. You could know a dude inside out and still won't be able to predict his reaction to certain things.

Oh hey, found Pandaman! hahaha

Wiseblade

One Piece 703

Hmph. At least it's notl ike he doesn't want anyone to eat it... And how does Luffy know that eating two Devil Fruits will kill hi-DROP EVERTHING SANJI TIME

ibvzsE2ZBuRRpe.png

easily the highlight of the chapter.

scy

Man, I completely forgot Bleach was in a flashback so all these "AIZEN" posts had me really, really confused/excited/Aizen'd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom