• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTL| Not a lick of constructive conversation here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kusagari

Bleach

AIZEN, AIZEN, AIZEN, AIZEN

Naruto

Madara's quickly edging his way toward being one of the worst written characters I've ever seen.

One Piece

Not sure if I like the direction this is going. We'll see.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Bleach

AIZEN, AIZEN, AIZEN, AIZEN

Naruto

Madara's quickly edging his way toward being one of the worst written characters I've ever seen.

One Piece

Not sure if I like the direction this is going. We'll see.

He's either the wishy-washiest piece of shit ever or he's actually an insane person. He fucking left the village because Tobirama said something completely in-character that he's been saying the entire time? Gimme a fuckin' break.

Erigu

[Naruto]
Tobirama, who keeps showing how he's the most sensible ninja in the series
Considering he's the guy who came up with Edo Tensei, that says a lot about the ninja in the series.

To expound on Uchiha Brain Problems, is Hashirama a fucking idiot or something? Madara is clearly unstable as shit.
Nah, he'd be a fine Hokage. Imagine the foreign politics. "An alliance? Sure. If you kill yourself or your brother."

Naruto 625
tumblr_mkbdeigLRx1s1vwvxo2_500.png

Nearly partially the scenario I had envisioned for Naruto and Sasuke at the series conclusion, but no way it could even turn out like this. Expected but just unbelievable that only Hashirama had support of Madara and no one else and that they were the cause of him going over and feeling dejected and neglected to remove himself from their presence and want to kill folks. Really sad.

Bleach

while seeing Ryuu being a bastard compared to his current "i dont give a fuck about the quincies now" demenor is interesting it was once again Aizen saving the chapter with his trolling.

And its really looking like the shit he said to Ichigo could be true given Masaki is gonna appear. LOLOLOL

One Piece

Officially confirming part of what we saw at Punk Hazard in regards to the fruit regenerating.

If the location proximity part is real then it now gives insight on what BB did to WB and justify his current actions of stealing abilities wholesale since his fruit's power makes it possible (he can negate a DF owner by touching the owner). Now whats left is how is he capable of using 2 or possible more of those powers

And i'm not getting the "Luffy should not care" people since of course he would since its a memento of his bro and ever since the 2 year timeskip most of actions he has done has been based on his bro (mostly the failure inprotecting him).

Eg his obsession to really protect someone with his own strength the talk with the squid when he realized it was young and also had siblings so he offered help, creating the red hawk move etc.

Sanji being lost due to a woman is so like him and i want to see who she wants to kill (wouldn't be surprised if it was dom or something lol) and the tourny should be interesting once the mooks are dealt with.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Bleach

while seeing Ryuu being a bastard compared to his current "i dont give a fuck about the quincies now" demenor is interesting it was once again Aizen saving the chapter with his trolling.

He may have believed in the Quincy cause back then but he was still compassionate. I think he's more of a bastard now honestly.

Wiseblade

He's either the wishy-washiest piece of shit ever or he's actually an insane person. He fucking left the village because Tobirama said something completely in-character that he's been saying the entire time? Gimme a fuckin' break.

Don't forget that he promised to kill Hashi, who has done nothing but sing his praises since they first met. God's Beard has really lost his touch.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
Naruto

this. what the heck, is the writing really bad this chapter or is Madara really crazy?
or both? Madara just completely ignores everything the 1st says and does for him.
Also the 1st is obviously in love with Madara. lol

Tamanon

Banned
Bleach

Lot of questions about the hollow and what Aizen had to do with things...really interested to see where Kubo's going with this.

And also, good on Kubo for putting normal sized breasts on Masaki, little shocked he did.

Averon

Naruto

I like how Kishi is painting Tobirama as a villain because he mistrusts a mentally unstable maniac with WMDs for eyes that doesn't even have the trust or respect of his own clan would be an unwise choice for leader.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Bleach

Lot of questions about the hollow and what Aizen had to do with things...really interested to see where Kubo's going with this.

And also, good on Kubo for putting normal sized breasts on Masaki, little shocked he did.

He wouldn't have had a way to differentiate her from anyone else if he didn't.

Akito

Maison Ikkoku v8
Now look at that, at least Kyoko seems to be able to take some steps forward and is seriously thinking about remarrying. I hope she will soon cut the crap and give Mikata a proper answer to his proposal, he's actually a decent guy and deserves at least that. Yusaku is still struggling to find and keep a job so I cannot fault him too much for having an inferiority complex. His being indecisive is still all his fault though. I wonder what happened to his supposed-to-be girlfriend, it seems like Rumiko suddenly forgot about her or decided to replace her with Yagami.

Bleach

He may have believed in the Quincy cause back then but he was still compassionate. I think he's more of a bastard now honestly.

It was more of the leave it to the "lesser people who may or may not die" vibe he was giving off there.

As for your second point: it could be seen that way where he not only cut off the quincy shit but possibly everything else (although this part might be due to what happened with his wife/likely Katagiri)

Angry Grimace

So, I guess the next chapter of Naruto is what, they get back to the fight? I don't know, this flashback has sucked for me. I would literally rather see Naruto fighting a zombie.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
It was more of the leave it to the "lesser people who may or may not die" vibe he was giving off there.

I don't think he actually WANTS to sacrifice mooks but he sees it as his duty and accepts reluctantly.

And it's clear he's not above breaking the rules for someone else' sake.

Assassination Classroom 36
tumblr_mkbx0geYjt1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Really awesome chapter. So glad I was actually dead wrong for how the arc would turn out. Third term needs to hurry so we can see more Chairman v Korosensei tactical action and whatever tactic Karma-kun will be involved with. I hope Chairman doesnt take any bad action out against the baseball squad after that friendship Sugino moment.

Kurita

Assassination Classroom 36

Pretty cool chapter. Honestly, I expected Class E to win but it was still satisfying to see.
Off to a new arc now, I guess.

survivor

Banned
Tokyo Alice volume 1-2
http://i.picpar.com/Ndn.jpg[img][img]http://i.picpar.com/Odn.jpg[img]

I think the cover art is better than the art inside the books, but I love Toriko Chiya's style, even with its problems.

Just like the other work of hers I've read, [B]Clover[/B], this has a main cast of 4 working women friends dealing with general problems as well as love life problems.
So far I like Fu, the main character, despite her shopping habit that brings her to throw away money like nothing which ends with her having budget problems not even 1 week into a new month. She's a bit naive, unable to notice when a man is interested in her (she basically doesn't care about love, only about shopping) though that has been changing lately.

Sayuri is living the life, being rich and, since she has to marry soon (because her family wants her to) with a guy she doesn't love, spending every day bringing home a different man to have sex with in hopes to find her Sex Master.
I don't dislike her for her promiscuity (her reasoning for it isn't even all that bad "once I'm married I can't go fuck around and I don't want to have sex with my future husband more than twice, just to make a children or two, so I might as well do it now"), but the way she acts at times leaves a bit to be desired (her latest fight Mizuho had her end a bit on my bad side).

Mizuho has kinda been a bit too much in the background. She's the poor one, always hooking up with poor guys. She seems very sweet, but has too much of a hang-up on [i]needing[/i] a man to feel sure. I don't disagree with some of the stuff she blurted to Sayuri after the failed date, but issues are on both camps.

Rio is the cool one. She's a doctor with no real relationship, though she's seeing another doctor (but mostly for sex it would appear or, as Sato puts it "to keep men's physiology in check constantly", since the person she's really in love with is her friend Fu and that since they met at school when they were younger). Nothing much to say about her except that it would be cool if her unrequited love for Fu could end well. It simply won't though, I'm sure.[/QUOTE]
Read all the available chapters for the manga cause the cover looked cool. Then I discovered the translations are dead, sigh. I will give Clover a go even though the translations for it are stalled.

No I'm the same way, I'm sick of the flashback in a flashback.

I honestly can't tell which situation infuriates me more.

The fact that Naruto, despite the fact that he's LITERALLY tried to kill him MULTIPLE times, won't give up on Sasuke.

Or

Hashirama refusing to hop off Madara's nuts and was willing to kill himself, ordering his brother to spare him (keep in mind Hashi's the only one who can stop him), ignores his obvious mental illness, and wants to make this this mofo leader of the Leaf village?

Shit like this is why I can't stand idiot and idealistic protagonists in any medium, let alone Shounen.

Jesus fucking Christ.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

The fact that Naruto, despite the fact that he's LITERALLY tried to kill him MULTIPLE times, won't give up on Sasuke.

Or

Hashirama refusing to hop off Madara's nuts and was willing to kill himself, ordering his brother to spare him (keep in mind Hashi's the only one who can stop him), ignores his obvious mental illness, and wants to make this this mofo leader of the Leaf village?

Shit like this is why I can't stand idiot and idealistic protagonists in any medium, let alone Shounen.

Jesus fucking Christ.

Idiot and idealistic don't mix as far as character traits go. If you try then you get situations like you've pointed out. You can do one or the other, not both.

Ouji no Kikan 2
tumblr_mkby57SLb81qbxqfpo1_500.png

Many hilarious moments throughout made it enjoyable and timed right definitely did keep the emotions from getting too tragic. Especially since it the plot point introduced this chapter wasnt dragged out. All in all everything really worked well in leaving me feeling good. Really didn't want them to split up because of being a distraction to work or low self esteem issues that crept up.

Angry Grimace

Bleach

The return of Germanese.

otherwise nothing really happened except AIZEN.

also:
ekF9Qyr.png

owned.

He literally looks like Aizen in a wig.

Or

Jesus fucking Christ.

Hashirama went from God-Tier to being for all practically all intents and purposes, Naruto.

survivor

Banned
Reading Kaiji is getting easier now. No need to have bunch of tabs open to keep track of the tiles. I still have trouble distinguishing the honour tiles and some of the hands, but outside of that I think I'm getting used to it.

Wiseblade

He looks more like Ichigo with a wig. Aizen has a completely different face.

Does Kubo even have that many faces anymore? I remember people being pretty distinct in the beginning, but by the time I stopped everyone seemed to be converging on the same stoic expression.

Akito

Maison Ikkoku v9
Oh hey, Kozue is back and she brought tons of dumb misunderstandings with her. At least the issue with Mitaka got resolved and quite nicely if I have to say, the misunderstanding which pushed him into marrying Asuna is hilarious. He would have deserved some pities if Asuna is not quite a catch herself. Now Yusaku, get your shit together and cut your ties with Kozue. And Yagami because I'm sure she also will appear again to stir up some shit.
It's quite funny that I think Kyoko is the most honest to herself when she's so tsuntsun.

Heysoos

Naruto

I was thinking that there would be no way in hell anyone saw Tobirama as the "bad" guy, no matter how hard Kishi seemed to try. Was relieved to see all the responses here, I was afraid I'd be the only one who thought Madara was completely fucking nuts. Then I went to /r/naruto..... :| Huge age difference between the two sites I'm guessing.

Anyways, think I'm just going to stick to this site. Wish I had found it sooner though, I should visit the community tabs more.

Does Kubo even have that many faces anymore? I remember people being pretty distinct in the beginning, but by the time I stopped everyone seemed to be converging on the same stoic expression.

Everyone complained about the "rat faces" at the beginning, so Kubo worked on it and now you're still not happy? Jesus.

Naruto

I was thinking that there would be no way in hell anyone saw Tobirama as the "bad" guy, no matter how hard Kishi seemed to try. Was relieved to see all the responses here, I was afraid I'd be the only one who thought Madara was completely fucking nuts. Then I went to /r/naruto..... :| Huge age difference between the two sites I'm guessing.

Anyways, think I'm just going to stick to this site. Wish I had found it sooner though, I should visit the community tabs more.

Welcome to ManGAF. You missed out on our traditional WednesdayGAF.

survivor

Banned
Naruto

reddit's opinion on manga in general is pretty terrible.

Fidelis Hodie

Infidelis Cras
One Piece 703

You know, at first I was pretty hesitant that Luffy cares at all, but I'll let it unfold. Pretty weak chapter overall, outside of the ending. Love the LUCY panel, love the fake old man trouncing big boy and am actually surprised at how excited I am to see Luffy just kick some ass. I doubt we'll see it soon though as Oda will most likely skip over to Law and the rest for a chapter or so.

Kurita

Oh god, the Nodame Cantabile drama in Paris.
The French characters are not even locals and have a thick German/Russian (well, a girl is Russian but still) accent whenever they speak French.
And of course the main French guy is an otaku with a Yotsuba& figure in his room.

survivor

Banned
Oh god, the Nodame Cantabile drama in Paris.
The French characters are not even locals and have a thick German/Russian (well, a girl is Russian but still) accent whenever they speak French.
And of course the main French guy is an otaku with a Yotsuba& figure in his room.

Did you watch Moyashimon Returns? There is a long Paris arc near the end and they get bunch of people to speak French. Can't remember if they butchered the pronunciations or not.

Kurita

Did you watch Moyashimon Returns? There is a long Paris arc near the end and they get bunch of people to speak French. Can't remember if they butchered the pronunciations or not.
Nope but I guess I'll take a look.

Their Japanese is flawless though :lol
Makes no sense. Still fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom