• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTL| Not a lick of constructive conversation here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kreed

One Piece:

You don't just show something like that happening unless it has a part in the story. Then with there being no body...

Sorry, I didn't mean to say that I was doubting the Sabo/Dragon incident, I meant that Sabo being found by Dragon when Luffy was a child and then years later going to Ace's Grave to leave three Sake cups aren't events that have to be separate from each other. Sabo could have been found by Dragon as a child and also went to Ace's grave as a grown up to leave the Sake cups since he would still be alive thanks to Dragon.

Akito

Haikyuu 54
Great plays Sugawara. It's still a 6 points gap though, I'm not sure if they Karasuno can catch up in this set.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Naruto

Hashirama is nuts, and i am glad that Tobirama is there to set him straight. One Naruto is enough. Geez.

The hilarious part is that this should be a lesson to Naruto not to be a naive idiot like Hashirama, but instead its supposed to be a lesson to Sasuke.

The hilarious part is that this should be a lesson to Naruto not to be a naive idiot like Hashirama, but instead its supposed to be a lesson to Sasuke.

Sasuke is going to tell Naruto everything. Once he's done, Naruto is going to pull a Madara. Now that would be a twist!

Sasuke is as an asshole as Madara, i really doubt he can get Sasuke to change.

You need to believe in the power of friendship.

survivor

Banned
Kaiji Part 3 - vol 3
vQzpCRf.jpg

Young Master? Oh shit. That sudden appearance was fucking amazing. My heart skipped a beat, I thought the dude saw through Kaiji's play and was about to expose him. The guy is pretty interesting so far, doesn't seem to give a fuck that Muraoka is facing Kaiji unknowingly and he doesn't seem to think much of Muraoka to be honest. If he is gonna be the final boss of Part 3 then I hope he won't just play mahjong against Kaiji.

Muraoka has turned into one batshit insane gambler, I love it. I don't think there was ever a villain like that on Kaiji before that enjoyed the thrill of gambling and didn't give a shit about winning or losing. That's amazing fighting spirit even though the dude is a cheating scum.

Ending of the volume was pretty hype. With triple dora, Kaiji can easily sweep this, but man, I know he can easily fuck it up so badly.

Haikyuu!! 54
tumblr_mkc2bciiRK1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Tsuki through all the scenes, why he want to stay apart from everyone. But lovely score. Waiting for Sugawara to come into action has so been worth it. This was really fantastic and all his various instructions and plays. If they can make a comeback so they can win and he gets more playtime, then this will be even more amazing.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Sasuke is as an asshole as Madara, i really doubt he can get Sasuke to change.

Hence the point. There's nothing to be gained telling Sasuke the story since he has to fight Naruto for the series to really work, but if he told Naruto it, you would think he could learn not to be a naive, happy go lucky piece of shit.

survivor

Banned
Ran and the Gray World 21-23

Shit just got fucking real. Door is finally opened, Outarou has gone too deep into the dark side, and Shizuka is probably gonna bite the dust with the way things are going. All these Crows didn't seem able to do that much against the bugs, you would think Shizuka would have came in and helped them much earlier.

RanxSensei OTP

Hence the point. There's nothing to be gained telling Sasuke the story since he has to fight Naruto for the series to really work, but if he told Naruto it, you would think he could learn not to be a naive, happy go lucky piece of shit.

Hell i am not even sure which story is true anymore. I mean how do we know that Hashirama is not lying to get Sasuke on his side? Actually if Naruto heard Hashirama´s story he would tell him that´s what i think dattebayo. Hashirama is a copy of Naruto, but there´s no way that Naruto would listen to him.

Wiseblade

Hell i am not even sure which story is true anymore. I mean how do we know that Hashirama is not lying to get Sasuke on his side? Actually if Naruto heard Hashirama´s story he would tell him that´s what i think dattebayo. Hashirama is a copy of Naruto, but there´s no way that Naruto would listen to him.

Because nobody would ever lie about simping that hard.

Stinky

Engetsu being a flame type zanpakuto is cool and all but I would've liked for it to be something new.

I wonder then could Yamamoto have been a kind of mentor to Isshin?

Surely we're going to learn more about zanpakuto devolopment after this flashback before Ichigo obviously powers up.

There is probably something important about Ichigo, Isshin and Aizen having moon related zanpakuto names.

Angry Grimace

Naruto's entire schtick is, "I'll try harder and make him more better," but Hashirama literally was about to pull a hari kiri to do the same thing and Madara still went evil for no apparent reason. Uchiha have brain problems.

Wiseblade

Naruto's entire schtick is, "I'll try harder and make him more better," but Hashirama literally was about to pull a hari kiri to do the same thing and Madara still went evil for no apparent reason. Uchiha have brain problems.

But that's what makes them so irresistible! And it's not just Senju. Remember that even Sakura has yet to truly turn her back on Sasuke. She'd jump his bones in a second if he even hinted at a face turn.

The main point here: WHY THE FUCK SHOULD SASUKE CARE!?

His clan is dead, Madara is already loose and about to fuck shit up, why the hell should he care about Hashi's bromance with Madara?

Hashi:...and that's the end of the tale.
Sasuke:...So you're just like Naruto except creepier....I'll pass.

Stinky

I live in Ireland and I can watch it.

And we never get shit. Viz, I'll buy a Shonen Jump subscription if you just let me.

Kurita

Haikyuu!! 54

Oh yeah, Sugawara being a boss! Nice color page btw.
DTL already posted the funniest part of the chapter, but I loved Hinata's reaction when he blocked the ball :lol
syYq9gk.png

Wiseblade

So CR blocks most shit from UK? Well there is still Anime on Demand but their list of titles is pretty small compared to what CR usually gets.
I wouldn't say "most" but what actually available in the UK is typically a crapshoot. For example, Magi isn't available over here, but it still shows up in all those emails they send me asking to re-subscribe.

It would be a licensing nightmare.
But Viz is a Shueisha subsidiary! Why is this even a thing?!

Stinky

One Piece

Seems to me that Luffy is the only strawhat/protagonist entering the tournament. Franky had an opportunity to but didnt appear to sign up.

If Oda is smart he will have simultaneous plot lines where Luffy is involved in a tournament for most of the arc but the regular One Piece shenanigans occur elsewhere with the rest of the strawhats.

Annoys me that all of the group looking for the factory have ADD'd off somewhere else. Really wish Sanji would get over his obsession with women, he really is a parody of himself at this point and its even as a gag its beginning to grate. Lets hope its not used as a serious plot point again...

Because this is a comic I'm guessing the factory will conveniently be under the coliseum. Fujitora/Zatoichi guy is in the audience so he'll probably gravity the floor again.

Kaiji Part 3 - vol 3
vQzpCRf.jpg

Young Master? Oh shit. That sudden appearance was fucking amazing. My heart skipped a beat, I thought the dude saw through Kaiji's play and was about to expose him. The guy is pretty interesting so far, doesn't seem to give a fuck that Muraoka is facing Kaiji unknowingly and he doesn't seem to think much of Muraoka to be honest. If he is gonna be the final boss of Part 3 then I hope he won't just play mahjong against Kaiji.

Muraoka has turned into one batshit insane gambler, I love it. I don't think there was ever a villain like that on Kaiji before that enjoyed the thrill of gambling and didn't give a shit about winning or losing. That's amazing fighting spirit even though the dude is a cheating scum.

Ending of the volume was pretty hype. With triple dora, Kaiji can easily sweep this, but man, I know he can easily fuck it up so badly.

Muraoka is nuts.

I'm tripping balls!!

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Okay time to fight with you people again.

Naruto

Hashirama is a fool, but he is a Fool For Peace. He is not offering to kill himself "for his gay love for Madara" but because he thinks that killing Madara would destroy any potential for peace between the clans, which is the lynchpin in the entirety of his life's desire. He is trying to stop the cycle of hate and revenge, and killing Madara would only prolong it.

People lamenting Madara's "mood swings" need to realize the vast stretches of time between scenes. It's not one panel love one panel hate, it's one panel (a year passes). When you condense large stretches of time into a brief flashback and try to include only the main events, this is what happens.

Madara made an effort, even though losing his last sibling put him in a place that was never going to be as accepting of peace as Hashirama. And we know that the Uchiha are literally genetically inclined to value bonds and foster feelings of hate/revenge more than others. His turn at the end of the chapter here was after years of his clan growing apart from him, the senju all generally hating him despite Hashirama's attempts at the opposite, losing out on being the Hokage, Tobirama actively gunning for him, and his last plea to his people being rejected to the man. The world has systematically rejected him, and he's starting to reject it in kind. Both he and Hashirama hated the Ninja world and wanted it to change, but Madara was damaged more by it (dead brother, rejected by clan), and his solution isn't going to be a particularly cooperative one.

So people who hate this and think it's terrible sloppy shit writing for morons, please, point to the crux of what you think is so dumb, and let's talk about it.

Hungry Joker 18
tumblr_mkc65sN9Nr1qbxqfpo1_500.png

The pioneers of science discussion this time around was a bit sleep inducing, I mean one long explanation is alright to handle but two....it just feels out of place in manga to have so many words so I started to doze off. But then the various bits of comedy and the high stakes auction did well in pulling me back in and exciting me. If assistant becomes a Eureka Compatible...Though I really hope the doctor stays around.

Wiseblade

Okay time to fight with you people again.

Naruto

Hashirama is a fool, but he is a Fool For Peace. He is not offering to kill himself "for his gay love for Madara" but because he thinks that killing Madara would destroy any potential for peace between the clans, which is the lynchpin in the entirety of his life's desire. He is trying to stop the cycle of hate and revenge, and killing Madara would only prolong it.

People lamenting Madara's "mood swings" need to realize the vast stretches of time between scenes. It's not one panel love one panel hate, it's one panel (a year passes). When you condense large stretches of time into a brief flashback and try to include only the main events, this is what happens.

Madara made an effort, even though losing his last sibling put him in a place that was never going to be as accepting of peace as Hashirama. And we know that the Uchiha are literally genetically inclined to value bonds and foster feelings of hate/revenge more than others. His turn at the end of the chapter here was after years of his clan growing apart from him, the senju all generally hating him despite Hashirama's attempts at the opposite, losing out on being the Hokage, Tobirama actively gunning for him, and his last plea to his people being rejected to the man. The world has systematically rejected him, and he's starting to reject it in kind. Both he and Hashirama hated the Ninja world and wanted it to change, but Madara was damaged more by it (dead brother, rejected by clan), and his solution isn't going to be a particularly cooperative one.

So people who hate this and think it's terrible sloppy shit writing for morons, please, point to the crux of what you think is so dumb, and let's talk about it.
Madara has proven time and time again to be irrational and unreasonable. His own clan don't even want anything to do with him. And yet Hashirama puts his ideal future at risk to appease the madman. Appointing someone so universally hated as leader of the village? Yeah, that's definitely going to foster peace and unity.

survivor

Banned
Kazé/Viz publishes most of the recent Shueisha series like Terra Formars, Toriko, Beelzebub, Kuroko's Basket, Blue Exorcist...
Well I suppose Blue Exorcist can pick up the slack, but it really gotta hurt to not have the big guns under them.

Muraoka is nuts.

I'm tripping balls!!
LrFeEDb.png

I just started loving this guy so much after this panel. He is so incredibly crazy about gambling that you gotta admire him. One interesting thing about him is pretty much throughout the entire time Muraoka was never in control of the game and always has this shocked defeated face on him, but the dude doesn't care and keeps on gambling.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Madara has proven time and time again to be irrational and unreasonable. His own clan don't even want anything to do with him. And yet Hashirama puts his ideal future at risk to appease the madman. Appointing someone so universally hated as leader of the village? Yeah, that's definitely going to foster peace and unity.

Well that's a pretty solid part of Hashirama's character, wanting to believe in his friend, more than even that friend believes in himself. Obviously the reality of the situation doesn't allow for it, though, as Tobirama makes clear, and the democratic vote solidifies. I think a guy being a bit of an optimistic dope is just who he is, but I also think it's driven by the fact that he wields tremendous personal power. You can afford to think everything will work out just fine if you're so wildly powerful that you can MAKE things work out just fine. Which makes him naive when it comes to other peoples' ability to function.

Again, though, Tobirama agrees with you here. It's not a "shit plot" issue, it's just the nature of Hashirama's character, and that character bends to the realities of the situation appropriately. He's an idealist, and wants everyone to see the good in Madara like he does, but it's becoming clear as events transpire that not everyone is with him on that.

As for Madara being "time and time again irrational and unreasonable," is that really the case? He's obviously not an idealist like Hashirama, and has from day-one had a much more pessimistic take on things, but when was he really just out of line? He walked away from their dream of peace as a child because their siblings and fathers found out about them, and he realized they were the enemy. Once back in his clan, that was only reinforced. Losing his last brother didn't help. He's certainly a different character than Hashirama, but I don't think he's been wildly unreasonable.

Wiseblade

Oh wow, so Kana got Naruto and HxH while Glenat got Bleach and One Piece. What's Viz even doing there?

Kazé/Viz publishes most of the recent Shueisha series like Terra Formars, Toriko, Beelzebub, Kuroko's Basket, Blue Exorcist...

Well I suppose Blue Exorcist can pick up the slack, but it really gotta hurt to not have the big guns under them.

But that's not an issue for the UK. we get virtually all of our manga from the US. Viz just prints their English language stuff with US/CAN/UK pricing on the back and ships the same product everywhere.

Well that's a pretty solid part of Hashirama's character, wanting to believe in his friend, more than even that friend believes in himself. Obviously the reality of the situation doesn't allow for it, though, as Tobirama makes clear, and the democratic vote solidifies. I think a guy being a bit of an optimistic dope is just who he is, but I also think it's driven by the fact that he wields tremendous personal power. You can afford to think everything will work out just fine if you're so wildly powerful that you can MAKE things work out just fine. Which makes him naive when it comes to other peoples' ability to function.

Again, though, Tobirama agrees with you here. It's not a "shit plot" issue, it's just the nature of Hashirama's character, and that character bends to the realities of the situation appropriately. He's an idealist, and wants everyone to see the good in Madara like he does, but it's becoming clear as events transpire that not everyone is with him on that.

there's being an idealist, and then there's being delusional. Even before the village was set up, it was obious that war had changed Madara. Hashi should have realised that the kid he shared his dreams with was long gone and only a bitter shell remained. But instead, he let the love that bloomed on the battlefield blind him to the truth.

Kurita

Well I suppose Blue Exorcist can pick up the slack, but it really

Yeah they really aren't that big. Kana and Glénat are the kings. And Pika has Fairy Tail which outsells Bleach.
Not sure if Kazé will get Assassination Classroom, Glénat seems to be really interested by it since they already published Neuro.

Wiseblade

Yeah they really aren't that big. Kana and Glénat are the kings. And Pika has Fairy Tail which outsells Bleach.
Not sure if Kazé will get Assassination Classroom, Glénat seems to be really interested by it since they already published Neuro.

Why is it even a question?

Bleach

Enjoyable fight, obviously more Aizen is always a good thing

Naruto Reread awake

I liked this more then I did several hours ago, honestly Medara makes a good point. If he continues to leave things as they are the Uchina will be wiped out by Tobirama or someone else further down the line (which is exactly what happened) if he does his ultimate genjetsu (not revealed to Hashirama but we already know about it) then he does bring peace to the ninja world "true peace" as he views it. Hashirama is naive as heck but then again this series is named after one of the most naive hero's in shonen history who has always managed to talk no jutsu everyone into peace.

I do get the general flack this thread (including myself) generally give Naruto for it's many problems, but honestly I feel this is far more natural then some of the previous jumps in logic that we saw from other character flashbacks
Tobi

Angry Grimace

Bleach

Enjoyable fight, obviously more Aizen is always a good thing

Naruto Reread awake

I liked this more then I did several hours ago, honestly Medara makes a good point. If he continues to leave things as they are the Uchina will be wiped out by Tobirama or someone else further down the line (which is exactly what happened) if he does his ultimate genjetsu (not revealed to Hashirama but we already know about it) then he does bring peace to the ninja world "true peace" as he views it. Hashirama is naive as heck but then again this series is named after one of the most naive hero's in shonen history who has always managed to talk no jutsu everyone into peace.

I do get the general flack this thread (including myself) generally give Naruto for it's many problems, but honestly I feel this is far more natural then some of the previous jumps in logic that we saw from other character flashbacks
Tobi

Except he was wrong and they weren't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom