• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTL| Not a lick of constructive conversation here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bossun

One piece

Meh, slow, even worse when it's for a tournament. I hate tournament in shonen, it never ends well for the manga.

Naruto

Crap, utter shit, what else...
Let's all be honest with ourselves and admit that madara is a tsundere.

Bleach

Aizen !
Let's hope we have some explanation on Ichigod powers soon. How is he related to the Vasto at least.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
I hate to be that guy, but it's pretty obvious. Hashi is Naruto and Madara is Sasuke. The sauce is supposed to learn that his blonde fanboy only has his and the world's best interests at heart and they should kiss and make up.

Also, if you've got time to grade stuff, you've got time to make Peep the Truth.
Sasuke would've NEVER stopped Naruto from killing himself!

Also I've got a Peep The Truth: Berserk + Vagabond + Big 3 edition planned for when I get further into Vagabond. I'm still only on 312 of Berserk so I'll include that too.
I do them for you.
Man, I could've really used a PTT right about now. What the hell.
:(

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
shit man, you gotta start reading stuff you like! it's a lot more fun, let me tell you
Reading Naruto is fun. I can laugh at its shittiness all the time. I read it out of duty. I have put coming up on a decade of time into watching/reading the Naruto universe. I'm definitely going to see how the trainwreck ends. It's even easier since it's a part of the big 3 and has a concrete release schedule with bountiful discussion amongst ManGAF brethren.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
One piece

Meh, slow, even worse when it's for a tournament. I hate tournament in shonen, it never ends well for the manga.

Naruto

Crap, utter shit, what else...
Let's all be honest with ourselves and admit that madara is a tsundere.

Bleach

Aizen !
Let's hope we have some explanation on Ichigod powers soon. How is he related to the Vasto at least.
He doesn't even have any dere

Does Big One like Naruto or not? I always forget that, even though the big three is all he reads.

Its easy to remember: He only reads the Big Three, but hates two of them, thus Big Three minus Big Two = Big One.

Wiseblade

Reading Naruto is fun. I can laugh at its shittiness all the time. I read it out of duty. I have put coming up on a decade of time into watching/reading the Naruto universe. I'm definitely going to see how the trainwreck ends. It's even easier since it's a part of the big 3 and has a concrete release schedule with bountiful discussion amongst ManGAF brethren.

Pretty much. Regardless of how much I hate on Naruto now, I've been reading it far too long to quit now. And all things considered, I'm going to be sad when it ends.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

qUc0b5E.png

ant1532

Banned

to each his own i guess. you're stuff on what this has to do with sasuke is pretty ignorant though man. are you even reading it? it's all about the history of uchiha and their relationship with the senju. last sasuke heard was that konoha hated uchihas, blamed the fox incident on them (which he still thinks was just a natural disaster and doesn't know it was obito, an uchiha under madara) and had them killed. basically sasuke can take all this and focus all his hate on madara because everything pretty much has been at his fault.
What are your thoughts on this weeks chapter?

i liked it a lot although most of it is predictable since we've been told the rough outlines of how this all happened already. I really am enjoying the time kishi is taking with the flashbacks though and fleshing out the details and whatnot. having hashirama want madara to be hokage and having him name the village was a nice touch. the main evil dude in the series named the damn village. im expecting 2 more flashback chapters.

Wiseblade

to each his own i guess. you're stuff on what this has to do with sasuke is pretty ignorant though man. are you even reading it? it's all about the history of uchiha and their relationship with the senju. last sasuke heard was that konoha hated uchihas, blamed the fox incident on them (which he still thinks was just a natural disaster and doesn't know it was obito, an uchiha under madara) and had them killed. basically sasuke can take all this and focus all his hate on madara because everything pretty much has been at his fault.

Yeah, because Sasuke's such a good listener.

survivor

Banned
manga sales
01. Drifters #3 (271,577 / 271,887)
02. Skip・Beat! #32 (204,413)
03. Gantz #36 (147,752)
04. One Piece #69 (126,326 / 2,671,975)
05. Ahiru no Sora #37 (102,023 / 233,036)
06. Hayate no Gotoku! #36 (101,425 / 102,074)
07. Daiya no Ace #35 (88,109 / 178,104)
08. Chihayafuru #20 (87,566 / 315,171)
09. Gakuen Alice #29 (71,263)
10. Boku o Tsutsumu Tsuki no Hikari -Boku Tama Jisedai-hen- #12 (67,955)
11. Kindaichi Shounen no Jikenbo 20th Year Anniversary Series #4 (67,127 / 132,515)
12. Bakaramon #7 (66,770)
13. Mix #2 (66,271 / 292,861)
14. Billy Bat #11 (65,988)
15. Yotsuba to! #12 (64,186 / 584,507)
16. Sakamoto Desuga? #1 (56,099 / 319,951)
17. Area no Kishi #35 (50,848 / 103,381)
18. Ansatsu Kyoushitsu #3 (46,504 / 500,182)
19. Hayate no Gotoku! Limited Edition #36 (41,841 / 58,698)
20. Beshari Gurashi #15 (41,739)
I wonder what sells more: Glass Mask or Skip Beat

Angry Grimace

If Sasuke takes anything from the flashback, it will probably be wanting to kill Tobirama.

Based on the most recent story developments, Sasuke will respond to the story by defeating Hashirama, Tobirama, Sarutobi and Minato simultaneously with his angers.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
I've doled out soliloquy's on Naruto before. It's all useless. It's shit. That's all.

Sasuke has already heard it all, this won't change shit. Like Wise said, he's an awful listener; and for him to change from any of this would be terrible writing. There's nothing revolutionary going on in Hashi's words. Turn all of his hate on Madara? At this point he should have already known that Madara was a fucking psycho that tried to ruin everything. What Sasuke's character development was predicated on in the entirety of part two was the murdering of his clan and more specifically, how Itachi was used as a pawn. This was a direct result of Konoha clansmen and also the Uchiha's own idiocy with the planning of a coup. In other words, none of this shit should matter to Sasuke, and his unrivaled hatred for those who pitted him against his own brother should still exist, if not made worst for knowing how this story ends.

ant1532

Banned
I've doled out soliloquy's on Naruto before. It's all useless. It's shit. That's all.

Sasuke has already heard it all, this won't change shit. Like Wise said, he's an awful listener; and for him to change from any of this would be terrible writing. There's nothing revolutionary going on in Hashi's words. Turn all of his hate on Madara? At this point he should have already known that Madara was a fucking psycho that tried to ruin everything. What Sasuke's character development was predicated on in the entirety of part two was the murdering of his clan and more specifically, how Itachi was used as a pawn. This was a direct result of Konoha clansmen and also the Uchiha's own idiocy with the planning of a coup. In other words, none of this shit should matter to Sasuke, and his unrivaled hatred for those who pitted him against his own brother should still exist, if not made worst for knowing how this story ends.

it sounds like you are pretending the itachi final words/death to sasuke chapters never existed. the character development of sasuke was plainly written there. whether you think that is shit or not, that's how kishi wrote it. sasuke for the first time stated that he wanted to listen and all the other stuff about the clan massacre was taken care of.

"his unrivaled hatred for those who pitted him against his own brother should still exist, if not made worst for knowing how this story ends." that string goes back to this flashback, madara and his relationship with the senju, which is why it is relevant to sasuke.

Another reminder: "[Naruto] was first published by Shueisha in 1999 in the 43rd issue of Japan's Weekly Shōnen Jump magazine."

Was anyone following it since then. THough does remind me when I look at the first posts in the Naruto anime and Bleach anime thread that there were people with it since day 1, when I joined most of these series in 2010, late 09.

Wiseblade

It's probably just me trying to blot it out of my mind or because they're arcs where, like Bass said, nothing happened.

The awful Sasuke/Sai arc comes to mind.

I've probably forgotten more about Part 2 than there was in Part 1. Like, I'd totally forgotten about Sai until you just mentioned him. What was the point of him, Kishi?

Best part of that was the Sauce reappearing to fucking school everyone in a matter of seconds.

It's probably one of my favorite scenes in Part 2.

I've probably forgotten more about Part 2 than there was in Part 1. Like, I'd totally forgotten about Sai until you just mentioned him. What was the point of him, Kishi?

That's what I said last week. I have a hard time remembering any important events of Part 2.

Angry Grimace

Was anyone following it since then. THough does remind me when I look at the first posts in the Naruto anime and Bleach anime thread that there were people with it since day 1, when I joined most of these series in 2010, late 09.

People old enough to remember the 1990s are aware of the fact that we had dial up in 1999.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom