• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTL| Not a lick of constructive conversation here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kusagari

I remember in high school there was this annoying Naruto fan who thought he knew everything. He kept spouting nonsense like Kakashi stole his Sharingan from Itachi.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I remember in high school there was this annoying Naruto fan who thought he knew everything. He kept spouting nonsense like Kakashi stole his Sharingan from Itachi.

When I was in high school, we talked about Super Saiyans, but we hadn't actually gotten to that part yet. The guy in question was just way ahead by watching the Mexican rebroadcast.

I also knew a guy that tried to convince me you could revive General Leo by finding a secret dragon cave north of the Veldt.

Fidelis Hodie

Infidelis Cras
I searched for the release date of Kakashi's Gaiden and apparently it was published in December 2004. Part Two started right after that. I couldn't believe it either.

Pretty crazy to think about. My dad, little brother, little sister and I used to watch the Naruto anime together pretty regularly back then. Jesus.

Was anyone following it since then. THough does remind me when I look at the first posts in the Naruto anime and Bleach anime thread that there were people with it since day 1, when I joined most of these series in 2010, late 09.

I think '03 was when I really started, back when Jump first started in the US. I used to read it all the time in the grocery store, then started buying One Piece volumes, then found out that with the beauty of the internet how I didn't have to wait 8 months to see what happened next.

Hooollly shit, that's 10 years.

Kusagari

When I was in high school, we talked about Super Saiyans, but we hadn't actually gotten to that part yet. The guy in question was just way ahead by watching the Mexican rebroadcast.

I also knew a guy that tried to convince me you could revive General Leo by finding a secret dragon cave north of the Veldt.

DBZ was more a middle school thing for me.

I graduated high school in 07 for reference so I think Naruto had just started airing on American t.v. a year or two before I graduated. So you had all these people who weren't sub watchers or manga readers spouting bullshit.

Fidelis Hodie

Infidelis Cras

I graduated high school in 07 for reference so I think Naruto had just started airing on American t.v. a year or two before I graduated. So you had all these people who weren't sub watchers or manga readers spouting bullshit.

Ha, yeah. I graduated '06 and everyone was starting to always talk about Naruto and Bleach over the next couple years and never One Piece.

C'mon America. get it right already, haha.

Dbz never stopped being popular wherever I was, from elementary school all the way to college people I know always talk about it and play the games it's nuts.

People old enough to remember the 1990s are aware of the fact that we had dial up in 1999.

Yep.

It's probably one of my favorite scenes in Part 2.

I liked it because it was fucking ridiculous how broken The Sauce had become.

pretty much but having info was like having trade secrets and the person who knew it was looked upon as the one to talk to aka god of all things dbz.

But with that you had people who didn't know jack shit but acting like they did LOLOLOL.

@ bold: that shit was a myth to us for a while, especially since it supposedly had the violence intact.

DBZ transcended all. I remember my Goku shirts.

I actually wanted to buy one but never did.

survivor

Banned
Kaiji Part 3 - vol 4

That was amazing. Muraoka is truly one of the best Kaiji villains. Just loved how he stopped giving a shit about Kaiji and didn't bother to listen to him when he knew he was out of money. Didn't even believe his ridiculous story about the servant not picking up the phone call.

So Kaiji is totally fucked now. He had one game where he lost cause of a screw up of knowing what the wait was and now he lost cause he had to discard the winning tile. Looks like his luck did run out. Curious as to what will happen next since that other guy probably won't be lending him money any time soon.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

...scratches graying whiskers.

I liked it because it was fucking ridiculous how broken The Sauce had become.

I went to check that chapter (308) and not only was it kinda important, because Sasuke got to see the Kyuubi inside Naruto for the first time, I also can't believe how incredibly bad the scanlations were back then. Holy shit.

upandaway

Kaiji Part 3 - vol 4

That was amazing. Muraoka is truly one of the best Kaiji villains. Just loved how he stopped giving a shit about Kaiji and didn't bother to listen to him when he knew he was out of money. Didn't even believe his ridiculous story about the servant not picking up the phone call.

So Kaiji is totally fucked now. He had one game where he lost cause of a screw up of knowing what the wait was and now he lost cause he had to discard the winning tile. Looks like his luck did run out. Curious as to what will happen next since that other guy probably won't be lending him money any time soon.
keepreadingkeepreadingkeepreadingkeepreading

Soma

Minamoto-kun Monogatari 72

2xoIroo.jpg

Shouta

Naruto really needs to get back to the present day stuff. This flashback is nice and all but we already know Madara was a fucking loon so.

Naruto really needs to get back to the present day stuff. This flashback is nice and all but we already know Madara was a fucking loon so.

Shouldnt the next chapter conclude it? They seem back to the fight where they had the intermission and I dont think he can really drag the fight out for more than one chapter?

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Nobumaga no Chef 7

VdqNdJg.png

Huh, so apparently there will be some mystery as to why Ken knows quite a bit about battlefield remedies and first aid?

The battle scene was surprisingly brutal.

Angry Grimace

Let me guess, you guys posted all those gifs for no reason and MC didn't have sex for the 72nd straight chapter.

survivor

Banned
Nobumaga no Chef 7

http://i.imgur.com/VdqNdJg.png[IMG]

Huh, so apparently there will be some mystery as to why Ken knows quite a bit about battlefield remedies and first aid?

The battle scene was surprisingly brutal.[/QUOTE]
What's with all this suffering? What happened to my cooking manga?

The medical knowledge thing was interesting.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Eh, the premise was always about being a chef for Nobunaga. There's bound to be some fairly brutal battles.

Hoping there's more cooking in the latter chapters though.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Was anyone following it since then. THough does remind me when I look at the first posts in the Naruto anime and Bleach anime thread that there were people with it since day 1, when I joined most of these series in 2010, late 09.

I've already given up on Bleach and Naruto for years now but I definitely started following both when they first appeared online.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom