• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTL| Not a lick of constructive conversation here

Status
Not open for further replies.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Really? I thought it was that other song, with some male vocals thrown in. I can't remember the name, but it was more angsty and angry than emoy and sad.

You might be thinking of "Bring Me to Life". It's the one that played in the trailers for Daredevil.
My Immortal is all "somber" and "sad" but in reality it's really terrible. It also lead to the "greatest" Harry Potter fanfic ever conceived.

GManDH

you know i was just talking to my gf today about the fact that no amvs are decent anymore. if im in the mood to watch a AMV i just put on amv hell.

Aunt Tits 72

Wait, this is it? You guys had me expecting a major escalation before the inevitable blueballing. I guess the other girl showing up is somewhat interesting, but we're still soooo faaar awaaaaay.

Also, faces in this manga are really flat. It's like someone took a piece of dough that's been flattened with a rolling pin and then dropped two giant eyes on top.

I went to check that chapter (308) and not only was it kinda important, because Sasuke got to see the Kyuubi inside Naruto for the first time, I also can't believe how incredibly bad the scanlations were back then. Holy shit.

They were not so bad plus IIRC that Kyuubi scene was the first time Madara's name was offically dropped too.

Really? I thought it was that other song, with some male vocals thrown in. I can't remember the name, but it was more angsty and angry than emoy and sad.

Bring me to Life and i honestly liked song from that group

All AMVs are bad

I'm 50/50 on this tbh :/

survivor

Banned
Why Can't Seiya Todoin, 16-Year-Old, Get a Girlfriend? 1
NyfRGj4.jpg

The manga really didn't do a good job in answering this question.

dumbyugi

Dracu-riot! 11

Only one chapter left. It seems that it's only adapting the Miu route from the game which is fine with me. I've been enjoying this and I'll certainly play the game when it's finished being translated.

Griffith

Banned
Moonlight Mile 1-3

That's a lot of sex crammed into the first couple chapters.

Pretty interesting beginning so far. I always enjoy series about astronaut training/space exploration, it's just a shame hardly any of it has been translated.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
There´s 100% certainty that he will have both powers in contrast for having one or another if his parents were mixed blood.

I don't understand. His parents were a Quincy and Shinigami, which make Ichigo a mix of the two. By that very definition he can't be a pure blood. Unless you left out a lot of the quote.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
I wouldn't be surprised if his spiritual body is the Shinigami part, but physically the human body is pure Quincy blood.

I don't understand. His parents were a Quincy and Shinigami, which make Ichigo a mix of the two. By that very definition he can't be a pure blood. Unless you left out a lot of the quote.
What´s so difficult to understand. He has a legacy of pure blood shinigami and pure blood quincy. Shinigami are not humans, quincies are. He´s a 100% shinigami and 100% quincy.
That inconsistency.

Lol, this is not one piece son where only one DF is allowed per person and then Oda destroys his own logic by giving Black Beard 2 DF.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
What´s so difficult to understand. He has a legacy of pure blood shinigami and pure blood quincy. Shinigami are not humans, quincies are. He´s a 100% shinigami and 100% quincy.

Lol, this is not one piece son where only one DF is allowed per person and then Oda destroys his own logic by giving Black Beard 2 DF.

Except that isn't how it works. If they could have kids together it means they're both people, they aren't different species. And even if they were their kid would be a combination of the two. If we were to get a punnet square out the result would always be QS (for quincy/shinigami). You can't be pure 100% two different things. It's mathematically impossible.

dumbyugi

That's like saying Gohan is 100% Human and 100% Saiyan. That's just not how it works.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Except that isn't how it works. If they could have kids together it means they're both people, they aren't different species. And even if they were their kid would be a combination of the two. If we were to get a punnet square out the result would always be QS (for quincy/shinigami). You can't be pure 100% two different things. It's mathematically impossible.
Unless one "person" contains two entities. A 100% Spiritual entity is separate from the 100% Quincy entity. The human body is Quincy, the Spiritual Body is Shinigami. They are just contained in one body.

Or something like that; but we don't even know the circumstances of Ichigo's birth yet so it's too early to bother with this.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Unless one "person" contains two entities. A 100% Spiritual entity is separate from the 100% Quincy entity. The human body is Quincy, the Spiritual Body is Shinigami. They are just contained in one body.

Or something like that.

That doesn't really work though. Both bodies would be made of a combination of the mother and father.

EDIT: I presume they had sex at some point. Quincies and Shinigamis can touch after all.

Dresden

soredemo / and yet the town turns - 39

Remarkable chapter. The enfolded, contiguous nature of dreams presented with the usual Ishiguro flair for humor, and with his love for mysteries presented in-text and without, as both the problem within the dream and the context of the journey wherein the dream occurs.

I love this manga so much.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
That doesn't really work though. Both bodies would be made of a combination of the mother and father.

EDIT: I presume they had sex at some point. Quincies and Shinigamis can touch after all.
Would they? Do we know how it works to be able to say that definitively?

I highly doubt what I'm saying is true, but there's ways Kubo could explain it given the nature of his world.

iavi

I'm just wondering where the Vasto Lorde bit of Ichigo comes in. He's supposedly shinigami, quincy, and hollow. Mom and pops take care of the Shinigami/quincy bit.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Would they? Do we know how it works to be able to say that definitively?

I highly doubt what I'm saying is true, but there's ways Kubo could explain it given the nature of his world.

Unless he chooses to ignore everything he learned about hereditary in high school, not really...

I'm pretty sure everyone would call him on 1 guy being 100% two different things.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Gonna pull a Naruto and have Isshin seal the Hollow he defeats into Masaki.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I'm just wondering where the Vasto Lorde bit of Ichigo comes in. He's supposedly shinigami, quincy, and hollow. Mom and pops take care of the Shinigami/quincy bit.

That we can explain with the hole he got tossed into. The chain vanished just before he got his powers back. Boom. I'm all for good reasons for stuff. I just can't stand nonsense stuff like being 100% two different things at the same time.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Unless he chooses to ignore everything he learned about hereditary in high school, not really...

I'm pretty sure everyone would call him on 1 guy being 100% two different things.
Except those rules don't apply because I don't think science takes into account a soul being an entity that can be separated from the body and walk around and kill shit.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Except those rules don't apply because I don't think science takes into account a soul being an entity that can be separated from the body and walk around and kill shit.

Come on even you said you didn't believe that. Odds are someone just left out a no or a not in the translation or something.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Come on even you said you didn't believe that. Odds are someone just left out a no or a not in the translation or something.
Yeah, but I'm just saying that given the world, it's not a completely ridiculous notion. I'm not sure what Beam's rationale for the pure blood stuff was, but that was mine and I don't think it's a ridiculous explanation. As for Kubo actually going that route...I personally doubt it.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Yeah, but I'm just saying that given the world, it's not a completely ridiculous notion. I'm not sure what Beam's rationale for the pure blood stuff was, but that was mine and I don't think it's a ridiculous explanation. As for Kubo actually going that route...I personally doubt it.

Except we've seen his soul that one time he lost his powers and it was a regular-ass people soul. I figure someone at some point just made a typo in that line.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Except we've seen his soul that one time he lost his powers and it was a regular-ass people soul. I figure someone at some point just made a typo in that line.
I don't see how this takes away from the idea that it could be a completely separate entity from his human body.

iavi

Not going to happen. When the hollow came in contact with Masaki then it´s all good. Fullbring powers are acquired, and the way Urahara gave Ichigo his powers back made him a vizard.

Vizard, yeah; when his full hollow form was that of that reptile like thing. The Vasto Lorde came out against Ulquiorra. It can kinda be explained away with the whole 'his hollow form was growing, as visible by the mask design slowly changing over time,' but there's gotta be more, or a reason it grew to what it did in the first place. Or it could be Kubo just Kubo'n.

Clearly even the One Piece verse people are shocked at that as well, which means its not an everyday occurrence. Which reminds me I read a somewhat interesting theory some guy did on Blackbeard having more than 1 devil fruit it made for a fun read.

http://narutoonepiecetheories.blogspot.com/2011/10/blackbeard-and-chimera-zoan-devil-fruit.html

Bleach

Oh shit, when the Grand Fisher said that Ichgio is a pure blood he was talking a pure shinigami and a pure quincy.

If Kubo wanted he could probably retcon it.

Crazy Theory time:

I'm more interested in Ichigo's relationship with Zangetsu. Specifically, are they brothers? Like identical twins where Ichigo absorbed his twin brother in the womb because of the hollow reiatsu. I say that because if you look at Zangetsu in Bankai form Tensa Zangetsu aka Bishonen form he looks a lot like Ichigo. That might explain why Ichigo didn't have to go to the trouble of getting a Asauchi to even make Zangetsu possible. Just use the his spiritual brother as a Zanpaktou with Quincy powers to make the sword as a symbol of his Shinigami heritage.

Then there is Hollow Ichigo who is another part of Ichigo all white and opposite of Ichigo that could be a brother or the part of the Hollow reiatsu that attacked Masaki.

The Vizards are unique with their hollowfication because they had a virus take over them. Ichigo simply lost his chain and got his sword back which is way different to prevent complete hollowfication. I would say that Hollow Ichigo would have made an appearance regardless if Ichigo lost his soul chain.

Hypothesis:

The hollow reiatsu was attacking both Embryo of the brothers. 1 sacrifices itself to protect the other aka Ichigo. The 2nd time around with Karin and Yuzu, they prevent it but as a result Yuzu loses all spiritual potential and only Karin has it.

Conclusion:

Some weird stuff is going with the Kurosaki family biologically.

There is the reincarnation of Kaien to consider but that might simply be family traits since Isshin looks like him and is a Shiba like Kaien.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
I haven't played in months.

I was a HUGE addict in Gears 1 and 2. Played religiously, sometimes even with pro players. Wasn't really feeling Gears 3 and lost interest. Didn't even pick up Judgement yet :/.
Fuck man, I was a Gears 1 addict. ADDICT.

Gears 3 was better than Gears 2, to me.

I'm having fun with Judgment. If you pick it up maybe we can fuck some people up. Or get fucked up...Stim grenades and 2 piecing are the bane of my existence.

Vizard, yeah; when his full hollow form was that of that reptile like thing. The Vasto Lorde came out against Ulquiorra. It can kinda be explained away with the whole 'his hollow form was growing, as visible by the mask design slowly changing over time,' but there's gotta be more, or a reason it grew to what it did in the first place. Or it could be Kubo just Kubo'n.

The Vasta Lorde only showed when Ichigo lost consciousnesses, and unlike the lizard where Ichigo was totally awake. VL form had full control over Ichigo, his body, his mind.
Clearly even the One Piece verse people are shocked at that as well, which means its not an everyday occurrence. Which reminds me I read a somewhat interesting theory some guy did on Blackbeard having more than 1 devil fruit it made for a fun read.

http://narutoonepiecetheories.blogspot.com/2011/10/blackbeard-and-chimera-zoan-devil-fruit.html
Interesting, but chimera powers don´t make sense. I mean seriously, what´s stopping BB from acquiring every DF out there? And i don´t see the connection between the 3 characters.
If Kubo wanted he could probably retcon it.
No. Kubo said he will discuss it when he had 3 weeks between the arcs break last year.

Azure J

All AMVs can't be bad when Toonami AMVs exist.

DBZ was more a middle school thing for me.

I graduated high school in 07 for reference so I think Naruto had just started airing on American t.v. a year or two before I graduated. So you had all these people who weren't sub watchers or manga readers spouting bullshit.

High five. Class of '07 for best class.

Manga time, hmm let's see what I've read:

Maji Bura 1-2

Typical boy and his pet demon slave girl as seen through the eyes of his younger sister. Smut GAF recommended, but only two chapters have been translated ever.

Seven Deadly Sins 17 - 22

I really like this manga. That new assassin is definitely one of the batshit insane variety though. This Ban/King feud is also getting interesting.

The Volynich Hotel 42

Well that happened.

Girls of The Wilds 83

I hope Moon Young wins just because Moon Young's awesome. :lol

The Vasta Lorde only showed when Ichigo lost consciousnesses, and unlike the lizard where Ichigo was totally awake. VL form had full control over Ichigo, his body, his mind.

Interesting, but chimera powers don´t make sense. I mean seriously, what´s stopping BB from acquiring every DF out there? And i don´t see the connection between the 3 characters.

No. Kubo said he will discuss it when he had 3 weeks between the arcs break last year.

As was mentioned in that theory the real Blackbeard was called Edward Teach.

Whitebeard is Called Edward Newgates

Blackbeard is called Marshall D. Teach

Also the real Blackbeard occasionally liked to go as Thatch

So there's a clear link between all three of those characters I knew about Whitebeard and Blackbeard names being split but didn't know Blackbeard use to go by Thatch as well.

Oh and in mythology Chimera's body are comprised of three animals in any event we'll eventually see what makes him so special.

@ bold: He's apparently doing that right now according to Jimbei's words.

The connection the theory was attempting to make was based on their names and the real life version of Blackbeard, known as Edward (WB's name is Edward Newgate) Teach (OP BlackBeards name Marshall D Teach) or Edward Tatch (dude OP Blackbeard killed to get the fruit)

The theory is eh imo .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom