• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTL| Not a lick of constructive conversation here

Status
Not open for further replies.
img000038.png

Tasogare Otome x Amnesia 40-41

Well, damn that was a depressing way to die. Sorry that she went through all that but the savvy part of me was agreeing with the dad to just get out of that village as soon as possible. At least knowing that everyone involved still died from the plague was satisfying, though the dad hanging himself was sad.

Have to give props to Yuuko though, since if I came back as a evil ghost I probably would have gone through with the evil deed.

Majikoi 30

Lol at the Tien cameo, even here he's treated as a fodder character.

Also +1 respect to the manga for actually following the VN and having (and actually showing) Otome as the 4th Deva.

Joujuu Senjin!! Mushibugyo 18

Welll looks the story is moving forward since a legit villain has finally appeared. Being able to summon the bugs should provide some good battles and show off the other members skills even more. Quite interesting that the bugs occupy at least half of japan as well.

Silver Spoon 70

Pork Bowl-kun :(

Everyone else already covered the funny parts, so I'll just say that phone conversation at the beginning set my love-triangle senses a tingling

survivor

Banned
Number Five vol 5
iJtKSJEm4jUzg.jpg

Fantastic volume. The entire action sequence between No. 5 and No. 3 was amazing. Most of the previous fight scenes in the manga were either very short (No. 7 and No. 6) or just taken to a bizarre extreme like the "fight" against No. 4. However this one was long, elaborate, intense, and Matsumuto had some amazing panels during the fight. I really wished the previous fights had this sort of action to get some great scenes filled with passion for battle.

I don't know what's the deal with No. 1 right now, but I feel like all this great sadness will cause shit to hit the fan. I really hope there will be a great fight between him and No. 5 cause they have been hyping him up for a long time.

Bleach

Back to the zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz's Hollow attacks, Ishhin blocks Hollow attacks, isshin blocks, hollow attacks..you get the picture. The hollow didn't respond at all and this resulted in no story development. The only development at all was the backstab at the end and even that was dumb at the time until I came here because I thought it was Ryuu until one of you guys said Aizen. They have the same fucking face! Glasses...what's the difference? dat smirk I guess. Learn to draw more faces, Kubo!

Naruto

All in all, pretty decent chapter. Hate that Hashi was going to kill himself which would have fucked over everything...well, maybe not, Tobi could have just killed Madara and become Hokage. I understand why though, the guy is just an idiotic idealist. The feels ruin everything. Other then that, I liked everything else. It was cool seeing how the village was formed and got it's name and Tobirama having the practical voice of reason.

I'm kind of baffled people here didn't think Madara's reaction made sense but then again, most of you probably just skimmed the past multiple chapters out of boredom. I thought Kishi did a reasonable job building up the tension between Madara and Tobirama and then how everyone else responded to Madara over time versus Hashirama. The guy is bound to feel alienated and the concerns he had about when Tobi becomes Hokage were actually legit concerns. All the guy every cared about was power and protecting those he cared about most. He failed to protect his brother which delegated the clan as a whole to being his biggest priority. The clan trusts Hashi more than him, he's an outcast even with his own people and all he can see is extermination in the future for the Uchiha. So yes, he will go off the deep end with his moons eye plan as his solution to peace, but at least it didn't come from nowhere and his motivations make sense for his character. Whether you like the character or not is one thing but it's kind of silly to suggest he's written as completely nonsensical. Uchihas are emotional dbags, none of them are ever going to come off as good characters...well, Itachi is the magical exception to the rule.

Also, you know what the point of the story is Stat bro, it's a complete parallel to Naruto and Sasuke's relationship and how Sasuke can learn from Madara's mistakes and make peace with Naruto for the good of everyone. Sasuke's reaction should be entertaining.

One Piece

Not really feeling this chapter. Don't like that Luffy cares about the DF and as I said back when we first learned about it, only way SH's getting the fruit doesn't end up shitty is if it goes to Sabo. I guess holding on to it as a sentimental item aboard the ship through out the series like someone here suggested would be fine too. I'll give it time to see where things go, for all we know someone working for Doflamingo could eat it to fight Luffy at the end of the tournament, enraging him (doubt it, just saying there are other possibilities to Luffy obtaining it). Other than that, I'm down for Luffy wrecking fools and that was the one thing I liked about the chapter and like Bleach, was at the very end. Not into the Sanji plot line but I hope Zoro finds the bastard that took his sword.

Fairy Tail

Can we just skip to where 10k dragons come out and kill everybody? Actually let them kill everyone and drop a FIN.

HSDK

Sorry Kenichi, you're not Natsu who can pull a magical instant power up out of his ass to defeat someone way out of his league. Either Kenichi will be spared because of his potential or one of the masters will swoop in to save the day. Probably the former. Either way, doesn't look like Kenichi will be fighting Bezerker at this time.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Silver Spoon 70

Everyone else already covered the funny parts, so I'll just say that phone conversation at the beginning set my love-triangle senses a tingling

Maybe, but I don't really think so. Mikage is pretty explicitly into Hachiken and vice-versa.

Silver Spoon 70

I doubt it, Komaba seems to be in the friend zone and he's never shown any interest in Aki that way either.

Sai

She probably not aware of it yet. I remember her showing signs of jealousy when there was the rumor about Hachiken having girlfriend and what's not.
She's aware of it now. Kinda had to be smacked around the head a few times with it by her friends after Hachiken asked her out; she didn't think anything of it until then.

[EDIT] = And Ignis beats me. :<

Akito

She knows about his feelings yeah but I meant her own feelings about him. But you're probably right and I kinda misunderstood what AG was saying anyway.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
She probably not aware of it yet. I remember her showing signs of jealousy when there was the rumor about Hachiken having girlfriend and what's not.
She knows about his feelings yeah but I meant her own feelings about him. But you're probably right and I kinda misunderstood what AG was saying anyway.

No, I'm saying like a few chapters ago she was saying how she loves him before she got interrupted.

Bleach 531

Aizen was behind everything. Shame that Isshin had to be attacked from behind though. Masaki coming up in the next chapter. So I guess you could say that Aizen's like Cupid.

Naruto 625

I don't really care much about the flashback anymore. Madara's whole reasoning is just plain weird, even more so when you consider the fact that he spent the rest of his life in a cave. At least we'll get back to the first flash-back with Hashirama and Madara fighting. All this half-hearted and forced tragedy is hard for me to swallow.

One Piece 703

Why does Luffy care about Ace's Devil Fruit again? Sure it has sentimental value but with Luffy it just feels off. He doesn't even care about it that much. He just doesn't want anyone else to have it. Construe that as you may.

Fairy Tail 324

It's a whole bunch of nothing. Future Lucy gets killed and the Arcadios plot point went nowhere. You know, this whole thing about people traveling back into the past to stop the destruction of an evil dragon reminds me of a game I should get back to.

I just got to Jesus Griffith in Berserk (chap 180) and all I can say is

WHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAT?!

I had heard you guys talk about it, but I would have never guessed it happened this 'early' in Gutts quest for revenge.

Berserk

I had heard you guys talk about it, but I would have never guessed it happened this 'early' in Gutts quest for revenge.

Hahaha, yes. He's back and better than ever.

Savior of humanity. Praise Jesus Griffith.

Berserk

Yep.

and long ago i said in the thread (or was it the previous thread) that there was another reason he
raped Caska

Berserk

Hahaha, yes. He's back and better than ever.

Savior of humanity. Praise Jesus Griffith.

Berserk

Yep.

and long ago i said in the thread (or was it the previous thread) that there was another reason he
raped Caska

Yeah I figured Gutts would have defeated most of the god hands before Griffith became human. I'm assuming we'll learn what's going on with them shortly and why they let Griffith become human again

Soul Cartel 63
tumblr_mke1eeiBXz1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Bath chapter, funny moments. Otherwise just a brief and at times dialogueless break to get us to the next plot point made for a really brief read. Hope these witches are really interesting.

Wiseblade

To be fair with how shitty the lives of everyone are currently in the world of Berserk they could use a charismatic leader like Griffith to help put things on a better path. Pre breakdown Griffith really was best suited to become king
NO

SHUT UP

YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT

JUST KEEP READING SO YOU CAN FEEL SILLY FOR YOUR WORDS

Toriko is late this week. Damn, come on out already, it´s getting very interesting.

To be fair with how shitty the lives of everyone are currently in the world of Berserk they could use a charismatic leader like Griffith to help put things on a better path. Pre breakdown Griffith really was best suited to become king
Yeah, let´s all be ruled by an evil bastard, who does not bat an eye to sacrifice anything to achieve what he wants. That would be wonderful.

survivor

Banned
Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou vol 12

Chapter 119 really got me. So simple yet effective way of showing the passage of time and the long journey we have been onto while reading this manga. Love it.

Not listen to them. It gets a bit chaotic with Jesus Griffith, but in the end, everyone kinda wins.

Toriko is late this week. Damn, come on out already, it´s getting very interesting.

Yeah, let´s all be ruled by an evil bastard, who does not bat an eye to sacrifice anything to achieve what he wants. That would be wonderful.

Well between Griffith or the church who kill anyone who they feel is a heretic I'm going with Griffith. Griffith sacrificed a bunch of mercenaries who were only really good at killing to become a god, the church so far has massacred ten times that amount of innocent people because they were starving and lashed out in anger or were fucking and using drugs to ignore the pain of their every day lives.

Berserk

Didn't you defend his actions at the eclipse?

If so what you say on Griffith is irrelevant :p

And this is why Griffith is the Anti-Christ right now

Wiseblade

Well between Griffith or the church who kill anyone who they feel is a heretic I'm going with Griffith. Griffith sacrificed a bunch of mercenaries who were only really good at killing to become a god, the church so far has massacred ten times that amount of innocent people because they were starving and lashed out in anger or were fucking and using drugs to ignore the pain of their every day lives.

And then Griffith sacrificed ten times as many as the church to become human again.

Berserk

Didn't you defend his actions at the eclipse?

If so what you say on Griffith is irrelevant :p

And this is why Griffith is the Anti-Christ right now

Someone in this thread has to be on #teamgriffith

And then Griffith sacrificed ten times as many as the church to become human again.

They were all basically going to die slow painful deaths so in a sense Griffith did them a favor

I always felt there was a bit of a disconnect between what the peeps in Berserk and real people perceive as "charismatic". Griffith is just a weirdo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom