• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTL| Not a lick of constructive conversation here

Status
Not open for further replies.

survivor

Banned
Kaiji Part 3 - vol 6

Holy shit, that was just great. 50 pages of pure Kaiji's inner thoughts trying to analyze Muraoka's weird reaction to Kaiji leaving the game. Then it turned into Kaiji losing his trust of his two friends thinking they backstabbed him and are working with Muraoka. Who needs dumb mahjong game when we can have this instead. I can't wait to see what the truth will be next volume. I really hope his friends didn't betray him since that option wouldn't make much sense since Kaiji was broke as fuck when they met him.

Lirlond

Kaiji Part 3 - vol 6

Holy shit, that was just great. 50 pages of pure Kaiji's inner thoughts trying to analyze Muraoka's weird reaction to Kaiji leaving the game. Then it turned into Kaiji losing his trust of his two friends thinking they backstabbed him and are working with Muraoka. Who needs dumb mahjong game when we can have this instead. I can't wait to see what the truth will be next volume. I really hope his friends didn't betray him since that option wouldn't make much sense since Kaiji was broke as fuck when they met him.

Seriously stop posting your impressions AND NEVER STOP READING.

I gotta say I wish I had experienced this all in the one go. Getting 3 or 4 chapters every 6-8 weeks was not a fun way to read kaiji >:

Not listen to them. It gets a bit chaotic with Jesus Griffith, but in the end, everyone kinda wins.
Haha.
Well between Griffith or the church who kill anyone who they feel is a heretic I'm going with Griffith. Griffith sacrificed a bunch of mercenaries who were only really good at killing to become a god, the church so far has massacred ten times that amount of innocent people because they were starving and lashed out in anger or were fucking and using drugs to ignore the pain of their every day lives.

Having a choice and live your life free is much better than having a dictator who imposes a fake peace on people, have absolute power who can shatter the fake peace on a whim. The Griffith way of life is no having life at all. It´s being a puppet and do what your puppet master commands without the ability or the courage to say no. Between your quote now and the one a couple of weeks ago make me realize that you are naive individual, you might have your heart in the right place, but the ways does not justify the means.

Apparently the app on my phone has the Berserk chapter count borked, it seems to combine two chapters into one so the numbering is off IE chapter 180 on my phone is actually 191.

survivor

Banned
Seriously stop posting your impressions AND NEVER STOP READING.

I gotta say I wish I had experienced this all in the one go. Getting 3 or 4 chapters every 6-8 weeks was not a fun way to read kaiji >:

Gotta take a short break after every volume. I can't handle that high amount of concentrated ZAWA all at once.

But yeah, the only proper way to read Kaiji is when you have all the chapters available cause these cliffhangers are killers.

Berserk 194-196

Haha Griffith is such a boss, not only does he waiting for Gutts when he "gets back with Caska", but he even raped Caska as a demon to effectively make their child his new body. Griffith is honestly the best character in this story and Berserk simply isn't as good when he's not around.

Beelzebub 198

Well Aoi made her appearance but besides that everything else in the chapter was lame.

Kuroko no Basket 207

Dumb cliffhanger, since we already know the other members accept Kuroko as part of the team. I do wonder what Akashi originally expected of him if Misdirection exceeded it.

survivor

Banned
Kaiji Part 3 - vol 7

Those fuckers, they were actually backstabbing him. All this time I thought they were true bros, but fuck them now. I would have never expected such development to happen. Now Kaiji is all alone with no help or support. Also that cliffhanger, I swear Fukumoto must be doing this on purpose to trick suckers into buying his next volume.

Anyway there are 6 volumes left and shit just got real in 17 Steps. I wonder if there will even be another game or if Kaiji will even leave that room before the end of the third part.

Blood Lad v3 (11 - 15)

The writer likes to make a lot of references, theme to astro boy etc, too bad Ive never watched most of them, well I did get the DBZ one for clear reasons. Wolf v Akim was amazing and Wolf is easily favorite character. Then Staz and Braz moment and bonding and intimidation was great. He needs to leave from up there and come down to the lower world sometime. Really good action throughout and I hope it transfer well to the anime. Gif of the high five too.

Berserk ~207

Farnese is got to be the most bipolar character in the story, her origin story is all over the place and I'm really not sure what I'm supposed to get out of her character. I thought she worked well as the religious fanatic who had her faith shaken and now wishes to follow Gutts to learn the truth. Now she has this crazy back story of being a psycho path who loves to burn things and only turned to faith as a way to mask the pain inside from being raised as a noble with no parents around. Am I supposed to get crazy child turns to faith to find a place in life but now has had that image shattered leaving her options to revert back to the crazy child or find a new path in life to walk?

Berserk ~207

Farnese is got to be the most bipolar character in the story, her origin story is all over the place and I'm really not sure what I'm supposed to get out of her character. I thought she worked well as the religious fanatic who had her faith shaken and now wishes to follow Gutts to learn the truth. Now she has this crazy back story of being a psycho path who loves to burn things and only turned to faith as a way to mask the pain inside from being raised as a noble with no parents around. Am I supposed to get crazy child turns to faith to find a place in life but now has had that image shattered leaving her options to revert back to the crazy child or find a new path in life to walk?

Yep and later you'll see what path she eventually chooses.

Kurita

Gotta take a short break after every volume. I can't handle that high amount of concentrated ZAWA all at once.

But yeah, the only proper way to read Kaiji is when you have all the chapters available cause these cliffhangers are killers.
Still watching the first season of the anime, I'm at the card thing where Kaiji bets his eye.
This is fucked up.

Wiseblade

Berserk ~207

Isn't that pretty much explicitly stated?

Yep and later you'll see what path she eventually chooses.

You need to stop.

Akito

Assassination Classroom 3
Why do the students AND Korosensei act like he can be caught off-guard? It was him who has challenged them to kill him for fuck's sake.

Big One

Banned
This is wrong as fuck and you should be ashamed to call yourself anything other than a disgrace.
Narutu: Ok so what exactly was good about this? This flashback just raises more questions than answers them, still not quite explaining how Madara became evil even though it's the perfect time to delve into the subject. Boring ass chapter with no redeeming features.

Blech: Again, nothing really happens. Isshin fights some type of hallow thing, and Aizen appears. What could've been told in two-three pages in the average manga, was told in a full chapter.

Berserk ~215

So part of me likes the "new Berserk" aka JRPG party time with Gutts and friends, but part of me doesn't like it as well. At times it feels like the natural progression based upon where things are going and the group is already starting to form some good chemistry. On the other hand I feel Berserk is at it's best when Griffith is around Gutts is being the lone wolf/dark swordsman. Even during the Golden Age Gutts despite being a member of various mercenary groups generally pushed them away to do his solo fighting and training. The only people he really interacted with were Griffith who often sent him on solo secret/dark missions and Caska who served as his foil character.

Also if I didn't already know the loli mage character was going to join the party I'd still know the loli mage character is going to join the party.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
This is wrong as fuck and you should be ashamed to call yourself anything other than a disgrace.

KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

Tell us how you really feel

Wiseblade

?

I haven't said anything since then.

You're doing that thing of the guy who's seen the movie before who keeps saying "Ooh, a good part's coming up" or "that guy's really important".

Berserk ~215

So part of me likes the "new Berserk" aka JRPG party time with Gutts and friends, but part of me doesn't like it as well. At times it feels like the natural progression based upon where things are going and the group is already starting to form some good chemistry. On the other hand I feel Berserk is at it's best when Griffith is around Gutts is being the lone wolf/dark swordsman. Even during the Golden Age Gutts despite being a member of various mercenary groups generally pushed them away to do his solo fighting and training. The only people he really interacted with were Griffith who often sent him on solo secret/dark missions and Caska who served as his foil character.

Also if I didn't already know the loli mage character was going to join the party I'd still know the loli mage character is going to join the party.

Rank them. Now.

I MUST JUDGE YOU.

survivor

Banned
Kaiji Part 3 - vol 8

Oh wow, a body removal roulette? Just when I thought the bad guys couldn't get any crazier in this series.

And fuck, another cliffhanger. Kaiji, don't play that 1-man, it will be the end of your life.

KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

Tell us how you really feel

Big One pushing those buttons

You're doing that thing of the guy who's seen the movie before who keeps saying "Ooh, a good part's coming up" or "that guy's really important".

except its not at the point where it says a specific leaning.

spoiler so bass can avoid
can't wait to hear his thoughts on the loli

Assassination Classroom 9
Are there doujins with Bitch-neesan and Korosensei yet?

Would be surprised if they weren't tbh.

Rank them. Now.

I MUST JUDGE YOU.

I'm not going to include Gutts for obvious reasons and I'll exclude Casca as well.

1. Serpico
2/3. Isidoro/Puck
4. Farnese

Can't really rank the loli yet because she hasn't officially joined the group yet. Serpico is by far the best great personality competent in a fight but with an edge due to his complex relationship with Gutts. Isidoro and Puck have more or less become joint at the hip so I'll group them together, I've always enjoyed Puck as a character both for his fairy abilities and for his interactions with Gutts/characters Gutts meets. Isidoro reminds me of Yahinko from Kenshin, similar set up and similar potential to be a fighter once trained. He also adds an interesting dimension to Gutts putting him into the mentor role. At worst he's always good for stealing food for the group. Farnese is my least favorite so far being worthless outside of Casca's baby sitter.

Also I thought I was already judged for being on #teamgriffith ?

Wiseblade

I'm not going to include Gutts for obvious reasons and I'll exclude Casca as well.

1. Serpico
2/3. Isidoro/Puck
4. Farnese

Can't really rank the loli yet because she hasn't officially joined the group yet. Serpico is by far the best great personality competent in a fight but with an edge due to his complex relationship with Gutts. Isidoro and Puck have more or less become joint at the hip so I'll group them together, I've always enjoyed Puck as a character both for his fairy abilities and for his interactions with Gutts/characters Gutts meets. Isidoro reminds me of Yahinko from Kenshin, similar set up and similar potential to be a fighter once trained. He also adds an interesting dimension to Gutts putting him into the mentor role. At worst he's always good for stealing food for the group. Farnese is my least favorite so far being worthless outside of Casca's baby sitter.

This was an opportunity for you to redeem yourself. Once you've formed an opinion of loli witch, you must rank them again and include Caska.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
This was an opportunity for you to redeem yourself. Once you've formed an opinion of loli witch, you must rank them again and include Caska.

Yeah seriously, if you rank loli witch lower than isidora and puck than your opinion is literally officially worst.

1. Serpico
2/3. Isidoro/Puck
4. Farnese

Team Griffith aside not a bad ranking, plus you had similar points i had as well (Ishi somewhat being like Yahiko).

And i also wait to see your new ranking with the other participants

survivor

Banned
Kaiji Part 3 - vol 9

Oh man, that last panel is amazing. I can't wait for Kaiji to let it all out on Maeda and Miyoshi.

I wasn't sure of Kaiji's plan when he went to the bathroom for a second time. I thought he just gave up, but then it turned out he wanted Muraoka to keep believing Kaiji didn't see through their plan. Brilliant plan.

Stulaw

Narutu: Ok so what exactly was good about this? This flashback just raises more questions than answers them, still not quite explaining how Madara became evil even though it's the perfect time to delve into the subject. Boring ass chapter with no redeeming features.

Blech: Again, nothing really happens. Isshin fights some type of hallow thing, and Aizen appears. What could've been told in two-three pages in the average manga, was told in a full chapter.

Well Madara isn't evil anyway, he's just a psycho who wants his own perfect world where no-one hates him. And he's in love with Harishima.

And doesn't Ryuu look like Ichigo with flat hair and glasses to anyone? And with the hollow looking like ichigo's final hollow form, and Aizen being involved, isn't this a bit too coincidental?

Lirlond

Kaiji Part 3 - vol 9

Oh man, that last panel is amazing. I can't wait for Kaiji to let it all out on Maeda and Miyoshi.

I wasn't sure of Kaiji's plan when he went to the bathroom for a second time. I thought he just gave up, but then it turned out he wanted Muraoka to keep believing Kaiji didn't see through their plan. Brilliant plan.

Yesssssss. YESSSSSS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom