• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTL| Not a lick of constructive conversation here

Status
Not open for further replies.

wonzo

Banned
Ctrl+T
ctrl%2Bt.png

Two interesting little short stories, the first of which is a sidestory for Solanin about a woman moving into the former apartment Meiko lived in and the second one was kinda weird and I didn't really "get it" but it was mainly about a depressed 30-something meeting a former fling from his middle-school.

Now I just need someone to translate AGbtS vol 2 and whatever this is as the colour page from that included in this looked pretty damn crazy. :(

Fairy Tail: Natsu should just end the fight with Lightning Fire Roar instead of a dragged out fight.

King being the pumpkin was hilarious. Also I have a feeling Minerva is gonna be the big bad of this arc. Most people already hate her a ton and Mashima has a habit of making the most hated character the villain of the arc. I wonder if the Gate is just a big trap lol. Jellal is being sneaky, the cannon from the sky again?

Kenichi:
Whoa epic onesided fight. Props to Kenichi for even trying. Loved the moves and blood. Least amount of fanservice since a long time lol. Also Ryouto is a boss. A change of heart?

Jintor

Beelzebub is a comedy, and the story in this manga does not mean anything to me. But i am finding the laughs not frequent at all. And sometimes i don´t laugh at all at certain chapters.

Eh, I think Beelzebub is a shonen with comedy elements, rather than a comedy with shonen elements

MCD

Fairy Tail

Please PLEASE don't let this time shit happen. Not another time skip, space skip, fuck skip again.

dumbyugi

Beelzebub's problem is that it's trying to be like Gintama where it's mostly comedy but when the author decides the plot needs to move fowards it becomes serious. The difference is that Gintama has fantastic serious arcs but Beezelbub doesn't.

Denpa Kyoushi 67

Leg cramps. Killing thousands of swimmers since two-thousand-and-never.

Gepetto 54

Oh hi I upgraded your Wale. I approve of Pinocchio's (retro version) devious combat shenanigans.

Magi

Wasn't Baal the first dungeon? If so, how did Schezzy have a king's candidate in her youth?

The dungeons were brought by Yunan way after Schezzy king candidate died.

A Magi having a king candidate means he/she has to support their candidate anyway they can. She accomplished this by creating the Laem empire.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Eyeshield 21 6

The setup and characters are kinda fun so far, but goddamn I just could not give a shit about american football.

I'll keep reading though.

Jintor

Which is a shame, because comedy is its strongest point.

Well I think a lot of its comedy flows from its shonen elements. My two favourite arcs so far have been the stuff that kind of was a knock-on effect from the shonen nonsense, the random Theme Park play arc and the nonsensical Class Trip arc. All involved a shit-tonne of fighting but the comedy that resulted from it was ridiculous. The straight shonen stuff is all mostly boring.

Kurita

Eyeshield 21 6

The setup and characters are kinda fun so far, but goddamn I just could not give a shit about american football.

I'll keep reading though.

I didn't give a damn about football either when I started it.
But the cast, the art, the pure SHOUNEN HAAAAATO atmosphere are fantastic.

Slow Starter 6.5

The day after the confess events are often really good in these series just to see how both characters panic and go through their dialogue of how to act, if they should act normal and such, like seeing them flustered.

K - Memory of Red 11

Aria always has the best color stuff and even covers for my series. I'll miss the day when they stop pushing K...Though maybe when season 2 comes around theyll keep giving it covers. I can only hope. Excellent Fushimi Yata chapter with tons of good moments against the mole and a deeper insight into them both, their friendship and some history, and just working together. If only Fushimi was true to his feelings and would answer questions with what he really believes instead of just annoying Yata all the time. Yata hiding his blush at the end and Munakata noticing something had changed with Fushimi was excellent conclusion.

Fairy Tail
tumblr_mkfcvdJryy1qbxqfpo1_250.png

The characters really got over the "death" fast. I mean there was only one line acknowledging it, and then at that it was just an off hand comment. Shouldnt their be more tears and grieving? Oh well, Natsu was phenomenal as usual, and has really had a string of excellent fights this arc. Mashima continues to know what I want so this really still remains really fun and good to me. Potential for Gray and Lyon fighting together is rather exciting.

And minor moment, loved the Blue Pegasus pose.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
The only one I can think of is the current arc of black butler.

Cricket would be a great subject matter too. It's like baseball but with more strategy and less boring.

survivor

Banned
Kaiji Part 3

Best part of the entire volume. You don't fuck with Kaiji and get away with it.

Your impressions were really fun and I relived the entire thing. I'm glad you came around to the whole mahjong business, see it wasn't that bad.

Exactly like you, vol 7 was when I really suspected that Part 3 is all about the same game in the same room and everything. Honestly I freaked out because I love that kinda thing. By the end of the 13 volumes that room with that plant and that desk and that sofa feel as natural as your own room, haha.
Using the power of math we have this situation
Part 1: 4
Part 2: 2
Part 3: 1

Therefore
Part 4: 0.5

I wonder what a 0.5 game would look like.

One Piece 680

What an emotional chapter. The Straw Hats on the back of Brownbeard, unable to run, the G-5 marines getting beaten by their own Vice Admiral, unable to accept the fact who he really is and then Sanji joining that fight in the last minute, to save Girl with Glasses and a Sword.

Truly powerful stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom