• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTL| Not a lick of constructive conversation here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The one life lesson I've learned from manga: never accept a whiskey bon-bon from anyone. It either contains a super-powerful form of concentrated alcohol which will instantly cause extreme intoxication or it contains a lethal poison which will kill you.

survivor

Banned
Number Five vol 7
ixjhH89CFV9r0.jpg

Oh, nice seeing you there No. 5, I thought for a second you died and wasn't part of the story. With only one volume left, let's hope we don't spend time seeing how he survived or what happened to him after his encounter with No. 3. All that is left is for the army to storm Mike's castle and a possible showdown between No. 5 and No. 1.

One Piece 692

I love Luffy's serious face and I wish it happened more. Law being upset about Luffy was great too.
With Kinemon being hit by the gas, I can only assume that it's curable, which would be some big bullshit, because all the people hit by it could still be saved and didn't really die.

survivor

Banned
Number Five vol 8 End

Not Matsumoto's best work. At times it was brilliant with the action scenes, the angst, the absurdity, and visual imagery, but a lot of times it was very confusing and unclear. Volumes 3 and 5 were the best thing about the manga and I wish the rest of the volumes were similar in the craziness and fights.

Even if it wasn't god tier level (Takemitsu Zamurai or Ping Pong), I still enjoyed reading it. I guess all what I have left to read from Matsumoto is Sunny which has flawfuls approval so it should be very good.

survivor

Banned
Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou vol 14 End
ivQHqSzFAxHKA.jpg

Oh man this ending, so perfect. I love the way they opened the last volume with the same unknown customer that was never shown but visited Cafe Alpha 10 years ago. Seeing all these characters grow up and change, so good. The Misago appearance was another nice touch.

Wonderful story with an emotional experience that can't be replicated or found easily in other manga. This is probably gonna be another manga that I will continue to reread occasionally just like Solanin. It's a shame that there was never a full anime adaptation cause experiencing this with music would have been fantastic.

One Piece 695

At least Nami is aware that she's been pretty useless so far. That little action at the end won't change anything. +1 for the women for being unimpressed by Franky. That was really great. Also, Baby 5 is really freaky, but damn, she got legs :lol now I really wonder who that mystery person in the shadows was.

Stinky

Zoro has even more plot hax than Luffy.

He has "lost" fights before but mostly out of circumstance. Back when he first fought Mihawk and lost he said he would "never lose again".

Law is broken though so who knows.

Fidelis Hodie

Infidelis Cras
Law's not a swordsman, not like Zoro, at least. Zoro would destroy him in that regard.
Law is hax as hell, though.

Do we really know this though? We've never seen Law in a one v. one to even test that out really.

Would not be surprised if he was an awesome swordsman too. Oda seems to be in love with him.

Yonafunu

Do we really know this though? We've never seen Law in a one v. one to even test that out really.

Would not be surprised if he was an awesome swordsman too. Oda seems to be in love with him.

For some reason swordsmen are always explicitly called out in One Piece. Law hasn't, so far, so him being specifically a swordsman would be surprising.
It's definitely possible though.

EDIT:

Real talk: Sanji sucks,

The won't hit women shtick became lame and tired in Enies Lobby.

YOU SUCK

and it's not a shtick, it's a principle

Berserk

The berserk armor is crazy awesome cant wait to see a healthy Guts fight with it. Also my opinion on the Loli Mage has improved thanks to her verbal lashing of the priest during the troll attack.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Real talk: Sanji sucks,

The won't hit women shtick became lame and tired in Enies Lobby.
But at least he can do something when enemies come around.

See, the problem with the SH's is that by now everyone's shtick has gotten old. If they don't have anything to do outside of their shtick that's interesting, they're wack.

Fidelis Hodie

Infidelis Cras
For some reason swordsmen are always explicitly called out in One Piece. Law hasn't, so far, so him being specifically a swordsman would be surprising.
It's definitely possible though.

Hmm, well his power does go hand in hand with his room ability, since he slices and dices like a boss. Just sayin', would not be surprised if he got seastoned that he suddenly is a good swordsman too.

Doubt it will happen though. He'll just keep cutting mountains in half instead.

survivor

Banned
Touch vol 1
ibivzfxzEiZTsG.jpg

So how many chapters until Kazuya dies/injures himself and not be able to play baseball? Then again, I suppose the story can go to a different direction. Either way, the first volume was enjoyable. Tatsuya is a pretty good MC and I like him already.

Akito

Touch vol 1
ibivzfxzEiZTsG.jpg

So how many chapters until Kazuya dies/injures himself and not be able to play baseball? Then again, I suppose the story can go to a different direction. Either way, the first volume was enjoyable. Tatsuya is a pretty good MC and I like him already.
Where did you get that idea? :>
But yeah, Tacchan is the best.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou vol 14 End
ivQHqSzFAxHKA.jpg

Oh man this ending, so perfect. I love the way they opened the last volume with the same unknown customer that was never shown but visited Cafe Alpha 10 years ago. Seeing all these characters grow up and change, so good. The Misago appearance was another nice touch.

Wonderful story with an emotional experience that can't be replicated or found easily in other manga. This is probably gonna be another manga that I will continue to reread occasionally just like Solanin. It's a shame that there was never a full anime adaptation cause experiencing this with music would have been fantastic.

It is wonderful isn't it. It's very hard for me to describe how I felt reading through the whole thing, but the best I could come up is that it is incredibly serene.

If you want more of the same bit with a different subject matter check out kabu no isaki.

Hungry Joker 19

Really incredible turn of events, I would have moved the major event to the end of the chapter to give a cliffhanger and some suspense for a week, but overall am excited at the new potential. Please be a white mage of sorts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom