• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTL| Not a lick of constructive conversation here

Status
Not open for further replies.

survivor

Banned
Welp, does anyone have a beginners guide to Mahjong handy as I had nfi what was going on when I watched Akagi ages ago?

In all honesty, all what you need to know for part 3 is the tiles and how a winning hand is constructed. Everything else like the different hand points don't really matter that much.

So if you are able to see Kaiji's hand and understand why his wait is 1-4 sou then you are pretty set for the game.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Its part of Hiruma tactics. To put fear in his enemies and raise the morale of the Devil Bats, if its found out it will be a blow to the team.

I guess I don't really understand why it would be a blow to the team?

They don't even seem to have the full regular roster yet.

Maaaan, this is bad. Don Flamingo seems familiar, but I really don't remember his role before the time skip and now he's a war lord? Seems like a big deal.

I guess I don't really understand why it would be a blow to the team?

They don't even seem to have the full regular roster yet.

If they know its Sena they wont see him as dependable since he looks weak and afraid.

Second people would start bothering him and Mamori would get in the way of Sena growth as a football player.

By concealing his identity, he becomes a super player through Hiruma tricks and lies. Its like you are saying you have a good hand in poker but in reality you have a worthless one.

survivor

Banned
I completely forgot that Five Star Stories was coming back.
iHgzfrZhFJwnL.jpg

So that's one manga that's been on long hiatus that is back. So the only big one left is Nana I guess.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Eh, I guess it would make more sense once I've read more. Seems like they're about to recruit their next regular member.

Tacitus_

Oh, I thought he was one of the new kids like Law and those other guys.

Nah, he was the owner of the slave auction house and the boss of the spring dude Luffy beat before the crew went to the Sky Island. He also popped Oz Jr.s leg off at the Whitebeard vs Marines War.

Oh, I thought he was one of the new kids like Law and those other guys.

Nah, been hanging around the warlord stuff for a while now and before the new kids started to make a name for themselves.

Its unknown how long he has been with them compared to the other members though, especially since they can be replaced.

Wiseblade

Maaaan, this is bad. Don Flamingo seems familiar, but I really don't remember his role before the time skip and now he's a war lord? Seems like a big deal.

He was always a Warlord and there have been hints of him being a big deal littered around even if I never really bought it at first.

Remember Bellamy? The Spring guy on Jaya? Doflamingo was his boss.
Remember the sabondy Auction House? Doflamingo ran that.
Remember Moria? Doflamingo beat the crap out of him after the war.

One Piece 683

Why can't Luffy replace Brook with that samurai? As much as I like Brook, that other guy can cut fire.

1) Brook has an Ice Sword. Your argument is invalid.
2) You know as well as the rest of us do that Zoro is just going to learn how to cut fire and we'll never see this samurai again.

OP

He was always a Warlord and there have been hints of him being a big deal littered around even if I never really bought it at first.

Plus he was first introduced (Name and shit) when Oda was showing the full warlord lineup for the first time.

And also the first known member of the 300 million bounty club way before Luffy and Kid eventually joined.

survivor

Banned
Hana no Mizu Shiru vol 1
ivOi2H2b9FQ9c.jpg

so much :dtl in this manga

When I saw pictures of it, I knew the art was similar to something I read before. Turned out it's by the same author of Seven Days. Misaki's necklace mystery still wasn't solved but from the looks of the quick flashbacks he probably already knows Arikawa from somewhere.

Hana no Mizu Shiru vol 1
http://i.minus.com/ivOi2H2b9FQ9c.jpg[/ig]

so much :dtl in this manga

When I saw pictures of it, I knew the art was similar to something I read before. Turned out it's by the same author of Seven Days. Misaki's necklace mystery still wasn't solved but from the looks of the quick flashbacks he probably already knows Arikawa from somewhere.[/QUOTE]

I had never heard of that, added to my list. Perhaps all the authors works will make it out overseas.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Nisekoi

Awful bullshit as usual with Raku acting super unlucky with like four models chasing him while he moans about his luck with girls. At least the author had the decency to make him less of a fucking hypocrite for like four seconds.

Also, I like how Ruri is supposed to be plain looking, but she doesn't really look any different from the other girls due to Generic Cuteness.

One Piece 686

Is Monet's harpy form part of her devil fruit? If so, how does that make sense? I don't remember harpies being ice creatures.

survivor

Banned
Hana no Mizu Shiru vol 2

So Kawabata is really just an asshole for no reason. I'm not even sure why he is still after Misaki. Either way, now that main obstacle is gone Misaki ad Arikawa are finally together. All what is left is for them to do their couple shit and wrap up the manga.

One Piece 680

What an emotional chapter. The Straw Hats on the back of Brownbeard, unable to run, the G-5 marines getting beaten by their own Vice Admiral, unable to accept the fact who he really is and then Sanji joining that fight in the last minute, to save Girl with Glasses and a Sword.

Truly powerful stuff.

Yes. Truly Oda knows how to capture emotions with his stunning art style. The friendship, the drama, the depth of personal growth, the setup, the location. Everything screamed powerful emotional scene that speaks to the depth of people´s souls. Actually that´s how i knew i had a soul. That scene touch me deeply in a place i never knew existed :´)

survivor

Banned
Hana no Mizu Shiru vol 3 End

So everyone was just in love with Misaki and that's why Kawabata was acting like an asshole. The moral of the story is to try to be yourself and stop hiding your true feelings which is a fine lesson, but not well executed.

I think I still prefer Seven Days more. Both manga have the same vibe to them (this one is also smuttier), but Seven Days had a more crazy premise going on for it instead of the standard one in Hana no Mizu Shiru.

scy

People reading ES21 for the first time?

TIME FOR A RE-READ.

Edit:

Kenichi 516 - Ogata gonna tr--wait, is Ryuuto standing?

Death flags?

Yes. Truly Oda knows how to capture emotions with his stunning art style. The friendship, the drama, the depth of personal growth, the setup, the location. Everything screamed powerful emotional scene that speaks to the depth of people´s souls. Actually that´s how i knew i had a soul. That scene touch me deeply in a place i never knew existed :´)

Yeah, Oda is truly a god amongst men. I bet that scene was also some foreshadowing to some crazy event in the future.

survivor

Banned
Number Five vol 6

Well, a lot of things happened. I think the Rainbow Council has been dissolved, Mike is definitely crazy, and No. 3 is a goner, but I still feel like I understood almost nothing from this volume. I suppose the focus on Mike was good, but I still don't feel like I know him any better. He is still spouting the same peace loving crap and I don't get his connection to Matryoshka.

Nisekoi

Awful bullshit as usual with Raku acting super unlucky with like four models chasing him while he moans about his luck with girls. At least the author had the decency to make him less of a fucking hypocrite for like four seconds.

Also, I like how Ruri is supposed to be plain looking, but she doesn't really look any different from the other girls due to Generic Cuteness.

Well Ruri certainly is the most "plain" of the girls! HAHAHHAHAHA....haha....ha...

Also I think Shuu and Ruri makes the best couple of the manga.

I'd arree on Raku, finally realized he's an asshole. But I was surprised to hear he never recieved a chocolate. Didn't Onodera said that Raku was popular?. lol

Historys Strongest Disciple Kenichi 516

Kenichi being manliest than ever.

Ryuuto is a true bro, I always knew. I hope he don't dies.

Stinky

I was way more excited about the end of Kaiji part 3.. especially when
You think Kaiji is screwed because of the president's photo but the reveal of the piece of paper creating a fake blank tile was godly

Oh yeah, parts ranking:

1 > 3 > 2

I would agree with this.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Well Ruri certainly is the most "plain" of the girls! HAHAHHAHAHA....haha....ha...

Also I think Shuu and Ruri makes the best couple of the manga.

I'd arree on Raku, finally realized he's an asshole. But I was surprised to hear he never recieved a chocolate. Didn't Onodera said that Raku was popular?. lol

I think there was a chapter where they went to the beach where a bunch of other dudes were saying that four of the haremites are like straight up 10s. And then Raku still wanders around bitching about his luck with women.

Fidelis Hodie

Infidelis Cras

1) Brook has an Ice Sword. Your argument is invalid.
2) You know as well as the rest of us do that Zoro is just going to learn how to cut fire and we'll never see this samurai again.

Ding, ding, ding! First thing I thought as well.

And I have no idea who or what a spring guy on Jaya is, weirdly enough. Can't wait till Vol. 2 gets in the mail and I can keep rereading.

One piece 688

It's a shame that Oda isn't into killing characters and romances. Mocha's sacrifice would've been much more powerful if she had died from the candy. And the Tashigi and Zoro thing needs to happen.

Kusagari

Nisekoi

Raku never receiving chocolate before makes no sense. It's not believable at all considering how the story has been set up. At least he finally realized that running away from girls trying to give you chocolate makes you a fucking asshole this chapter.

survivor

Banned
Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou vol 13

Everyone grew up, everything is changing, and they are all moving out and getting on with their lives. One more volume and this is gonna end :(

Angry Grimace

Nisekoi

Raku never receiving chocolate before makes no sense. It's not believable at all considering how the story has been set up. At least he finally realized that running away from girls trying to give you chocolate makes you a fucking asshole this chapter.

You mean because Onodera broke the plot by saying he's super popular with the ladies? Yea. The best part was how much of a shithead douche he looked like making that generic harem protagonist speech about the sanctity of receiving chocolate. I was actually thinking like, "wasn't he physically running the fuck away from Marika like last chapter?"

Why are you reading this so slowly?! You need to read at least 5 chapters in one sitting.
I´m taking my time man.
One piece 688

It's a shame that Oda isn't into killing characters and romances. Mocha's sacrifice would've been much more powerful if she had died from the candy. And the Tashigi and Zoro thing needs to happen.

Come on man. Killing a child in Shonen is a no no, unless it´s a flashback.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom