• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTL| Not a lick of constructive conversation here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Medaka Box
I'm ready for the troll, give it to me Nisio.

Magi
Is the flashback supposed to make Mogamett more likeable or something? Cause that sure as hell didn't work.

I don't think it's to make him likeable, it's more to show his ideals before what is pretty clearly now his descend into darkness. Before he was surrounded by white rukh, but now he is surrounded by black rukh.

Hopefully aladdin can snap him out of it before he detonates a nuke or something.

survivor

Banned
5 centimeters per second-chapter 7-END
Don't know why the first time I read this through, I didn't like it. After rereading it, I think I like it as much as the movie. Although the bonus chapter is kinda useless(even though I love Kanae) and should have ended where the movie ended, I kinda liked it. It gives me the glimpse of hope that
they end up with each other but I think it's best if they don't.

Bonus chapter doesn't really add much, but I mainly liked it cause we got to see more of Kanae.

I can tell you are going to hate the ending so much lol.

I never liked the ending of Pluto or Monster either so my expectations aren't that high. But endings don't really matter to me in the long run, I mean Pluto is still the second best sci-fi manga I read even if the ending sucked.

Articalys

Heheh, MyAnimeList is having a bit of April Fools fun with the profile pictures on the top anime and manga pages:

http://myanimelist.net/topmanga.php

As I see some of you have noticed, the staff have put together picture guidelines for entries on MAL and we are beginning to enforce them today. All staff members have discussed, read through and approved these guidelines.

We feel that the main picture should represent not only the entry itself, but reflect anime at its core. To strive towards this goal, the staff have chosen the perfect image for both the anime and manga database entries - none other than our previous MAL mascot, Naruto.

These picture guidelines will be pushed to the site in due time, so please look forward to them. We hope that their release will provide a clearer standard for main images of top anime and manga series, so that users know better which pictures to upload and moderators have an idea of which pictures to default. And as always, we also hope they will further communication between users and moderators.

Thanks!
MAL Staff

Lirlond

Sure but turning evil after having lost someone dear is like one of the most basic tropes for villains ever so I could hardly sympathize with him, especially when it wasn't even shown what exactly happened with his daughter. Unless I've missed something.

I liked the way it was executed in panel form. He'd finally reached the end of his rope, and him being surrounded by the black rukh in his rage was a nice way to sell it.

Wiseblade

He's like a less charismatic Griffith, I get why mog has snapped it's cliche but it does work.

You'd think the guy who suffered through discrimination in his youth and lost his daughter as a result would know better than to do the thing he suffered through to others.

Magi 179

Mogamett finally shows as the true racist dictator he ever was.

AKB 49 121

New challenge!

Still no best girl in the horizon, the wait is killing me!

Lain

With everyone reading Berserk, I thought this was meant to be shared:
Zrn.jpg

Antiwhippy

If you have to carry that slab of iron called a sword than I wouldn't be surprised if your neck/shoulder muscles are buffed out like crazy.

Doukyonin no Binandomo 1
A new month and a new Chara with a new series. Although the art is nothing special it is off t a good start. Tomoki, younger brother entered the university near where his brother works, and his brother lives two other guys who are in grad school. So Im curious how things will work out in this situation now that Kazuki has left with just Nonomura and Ugajin there. Ugajin is kind of funny so hope he gets more time in the coming months. Oh well.

Kettch

Magi

This series has spurts of some of the best panel arrangement/artwork that I've seen, and the second half of this chapter is right up there.

Antiwhippy

Yeah. Interesting... stuff.

Honestly though, the first one is why I really dislike reading yaoi. Too much damn setup.

Antiwhippy

It's like 95% of griffith and guts going on a cute date, and Guts PTSDing to those good ole' days, which is kinda hilarious in its own way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom