• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTL| Not a lick of constructive conversation here

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Also this thread gets mostly ignored. Sports gaf and manga gaf might have the lowest bans per post percentages on the forum.

Lot of stuff goes on in sportsgaf that would be banned anywhere else, especially nflgaf. It's hard to get out of that mindset once you're in it.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
He probably knows what to post without getting him banned. He mastered the art, if you will.

Except that time he drew a six month ban for being told by a mod to stop using "lol" as punctuation and he just disregarded the instruction and kept doing it.

Except that time he drew a six month ban for being told by a mod to stop using "lol" as punctuation and he just disregarded the instruction and kept doing it.

Who knows what was going on with him back then, but I'd include that in "he mastered it", because I don't see him annoying others like that anymore. Then again, I'm not that much on the gaming side anymore, so I would notice if he got another schtick running there.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Besides, he wouldn't post Berserk fanart anyways. I've never seen him post anything other super generic uke/seme crap.

Adekan

o3ObPu2.png

^That's a guy.
And according to the story, he's probably not wearing anything underneath.

Kind of BL in the sense that the characters sometimes end up posing suggestively while clothed/unclothed and that the main characters have a running gag going on about how one of them doesn't wear a smallcloth and the other is constantly trying to get him to wear one.
Usually ending with the audience getting a suggestive pose of the two with a "+18" censor bar over the other guy's crotch. Then again, suggestive poses are everywhere. Hugging, groping, legs up, etc.

Basically a story about an umbrella salesman/
former criminal/ assassin
(Shiro, the guy with the knives) and a lawman (Kojiro, the guy with the hat) dealing with the weird crimes that happen in their town. Supposedly set in early Modern Japan. Shiro's past comes back to haunt him as members of the gang he left chase after him. This leads him to want to "protect" Kojiro. The stories are unusually twisted in execution. Some of them have the weirdest and freakiest resolutions I've seen in a while.

So. The art's nice.

Besides, he wouldn't post Berserk fanart anyways. I've never seen him post anything other super generic uke/seme crap.

Angry Grimace

Come on, sometimes he posts cute little pictures of the big three, like that Hashi x Madara fan art.

One of them is always seme and one is always uke, even when its fanart of established series; e.g. aggressive Sasuke will be practically holding Naruto down, who looks shy and embarassed.

Lain

Adekan

http://i.imgur.com/o3ObPu2.png
^That's a guy.
And according to the story, he's probably not wearing anything underneath.

Kind of BL in the sense that the characters sometimes end up posing suggestively while clothed/unclothed and that the main characters have a running gag going on about how one of them doesn't wear a smallcloth and the other is constantly trying to get him to wear one.
Usually ending with the audience getting a suggestive pose of the two with a "+18" censor bar over the other guy's crotch. Then again, suggestive poses are everywhere. Hugging, groping, legs up, etc.

Basically a story about an umbrella salesman/
former criminal/ assassin
(Shiro, the guy with the knives) and a lawman (Kojiro, the guy with the hat) dealing with the weird crimes that happen in their town. Supposedly set in early Modern Japan. Shiro's past comes back to haunt him as members of the gang he left chase after him. This leads him to want to "protect" Kojiro. The stories are unusually twisted in execution. Some of them have the weirdest and freakiest resolutions I've seen in a while.

So. The art's nice.

Just the other day I saw the cover (I'm gonna include a link because the colors look better and it deserves it imho! http://i.picpar.com/Dsn.jpg) for this on an Italian blog (since it'll start getting published this month over here) and I admit that the cover had me interested. Too bad for the kinda BL part because I don't dig it much, though maybe I'll still check it out... hmmm decisions.

Jintor

Air Master 01-02

Man.

It's really nice to have a new transfer student just... join a bunch of friends who categorically are just cool with her

the fact that I get some cool streetfighting into the bargain is just a bonus!

Erigu

[20th Century Boys]
I just started noticing it in the last couple volumes. It's a minor annoyance so far, but I'm still enjoying the ride. Unless of course it gets more stupid, but we will see.
Oh, it certainly does.
I'd say volume 5 is when Urasawa started to make a tad bit too much shit up on the fly (I can imagine him having planned most of the 20th century stuff but only having the vaguest idea as to what would happen on Kanna's 21st century side), and volumes 7-9 (whichever introduces
the idiotic virtual reality
) mark the beginning of the Spiral of Stupid. It accelerates further after volume 12, as Urasawa clearly has nothing left in his sleeve anymore at that point. And yet it kept going for another 12 volumes.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Eyeshield 21 50

So is everyone introduced from now on just going to be some caricature, or still somewhat freakish looking?

Conan-san

Magi,

I really hope that asshat gets to live just to see what his own brand of utter horsebollocks has wrought. At this point Death is too good for him.

upandaway

Magi

If those things in the bubble are black djinns, that's pretty crazy.

I wonder how Kou will handle this. He wants to destroy them too but they're probably masters at manipulating black rukh guys at this point.

Predicting Magnostadt + Reim vs Mogamett (with Kou not doing anything except supporting Mog)

Antiwhippy

At least it was a somewhat positive stereotype?

I dunno though. The incredibly racist coach was pretty weird as well.

Conan-san

Magi

If those things in the bubble are black djinns, that's pretty crazy.

I wonder how Kou will handle this. He wants to destroy them too but they're probably masters at manipulating black rukh guys at this point.

Predicting Magnostadt + Reim vs Mogamett (with Kou not doing anything except supporting Mog)
As long as he's Slam Jam'd into his own personal hell by the end of it, I really couldn't care less.

Kurita

Fun fact about the Devil Bats/Aliens match, you could watch the hype video Hiruma made on the Eyeshield 21 website :lol

Malvingt2

Magi's Sinbad Side Story Manga Becomes a Full Series

The Magi television anime series revealed on Sunday that Sinbad no Bōken (The Adventures of Sinbad), a side story to Shinobu Ohtaka's original Magi - The Labyrinth of Magic manga, will be turned into a full manga series on May 8. Yoshifumi Ōtera will once again draw the manga in Shogakukan's Weekly Shonen Sunday magazine.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-03-31/magi-sinbad-side-story-manga-becomes-a-full-series

:D

Antiwhippy

Eye shield 21 86

So wait, throughout this whole hell's march thing, did I miss it or does mamori still not know that ES21 = Sena?

Could magi become a manga series made up of several smaller manga?
I am not sure if Ohtaka can expands beyond Sindbad´s story. I mean all the Solomon and first Magi have to be explained in Magi and not an offshoot of it.
Ohtaka probably is done with the story,panels and characters for it. Yoshifumi Ōtera is the one who has to work. lol

Haha, as long as the story stays intact i would not mind. I mean after Ohkubo started Soul Eater Not, Soul Eater chapters shrunk significantly. Hell there was a chapter that had 19 pages. That´s very little for a monthly manga. So i really hope that Magi will not suffer from it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom