• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTL| Not a lick of constructive conversation here

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess two manga companies here did announcements on today (Seven Seas with Senran Kagura manga) and Sublime with Sublime Kids and Alpaca Silence.

GLOBAL YAOI MANGA PUBLISHER SuBLime ANNOUNCES NEW KIDS LINE OF BOOKS

Bold English-Language Yaoi Publisher Blazes New Trails
With The Introduction Of Their New Kids Line Of Books

San Francisco, CA, April 1, 2013 - SuBLime, the global yaoi manga (graphic novel) publisher, is announcing their plans to launch a revolutionary new line of kids books under the imprint name SuBLime KIDS!
8610615437_38f0d1a2c5.jpg

Their first series set to debut this summer is ALPACA SILENCE and will carry a print-version MSRP of $12.99 U.S. / $14.99 CAN. ALPACA SILENCE will also be available as a digital edition worldwide from www.SuBLimeManga.com for $5.99 (USD), and is downloadable as a PDF for viewing on any enabled eReader device or computer, as well as accessible via the online manga viewer found on the SuBLime web site.

Soma

Minamoto-kun Monogatari

Prediction: She's gonna get flustered, leaves, he goes back to his Aunt, she lectures him, in the meantime she wonder's what this strange new feeling she has for him, something cock-blocks them, rinse and repeat.

I keep reading Nickelodeon. What is happening

Dowman Sayman is such a silly writer <3

Jintor

I only wish the hero of that story wasn't as pathetic as he is. Although that would probably take away from a lot of its point. And he's got a shonen haarto so I guess it works out.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
So I started reading Hunter X HUnter again, got up to the Chimera Ant arc....

WTF, i love this manga but this arc is such a clusterfuck so far. It's so damn random with the pacing, characters and the art. Omg the art, I'm all for sketchy or stylized artwork but there were some pages where I couldn't tell who was saying what. I hope it gets better because it's becoming a chore.

Bossun

Claymore

I have so much difficulty understanding the dialogues in this manga....it seems that the characters are throwing random phrases when talking to each other.

I'm kinda lost too, so what, is everybody an awakened in the end?

So I started reading Hunter X HUnter again, got up to the Chimera Ant arc....

WTF, i love this manga but this arc is such a clusterfuck so far. It's so damn random with the pacing, characters and the art. Omg the art, I'm all for sketchy or stylized artwork but there were some pages where I couldn't tell who was saying what. I hope it gets better because it's becoming a chore.

Perhaps you should watch the new anime when it does that arc.

Akito

Claymore

I have so much difficulty understanding the dialogues in this manga....it seems that the characters are throwing random phrases when talking to each other.

The latest chapter is particularly bad due to the Panda translation but Claymore's plot is a gigantic mess right now since quite sometime, that much is true. Yagi has summoned pretty much every still available awakened beings to an all out battle royal.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
Claymore

Doesn't matter. They'll all die and have their body parts implanted in Claire eventually.

Berserk

The second fight between Serpico and Gutts was really entertaining though too short for it's own good. Would love to see them go at it again with Serpico decked out in his magic attire.

Berserk

The second fight between Serpico and Gutts was really entertaining though too short for it's own good. Would love to see them go at it again with Serpico decked out in his magic attire.

If you let Serpico fight with his magic gear, then Guts needs to wear his armor. Otherwise he wouldn't stand a chance against the wind slicing. Serpico is seriously OP with it.

My money would still be on Guts though. He has a cannon for an arm.

If you let Serpico fight with his magic gear, then Guts needs to wear his armor. Otherwise he wouldn't stand a chance against the wind slicing. Serpico is seriously OP with it.

Yeah I did mean both going full force powerful magic vs amazing strength would be an awesome fight to see.

Berserk

So Farnese has chosen to continue her adventure with Guts, looks like the gang is back together again and ready to kick some tiger ass.

Alien Nine - 01

Remember years back watching the anime and finding it really unsettling; reading the manga now, it's actually kinda funny. Eh, it'll probably get to that part sooner or later. Also, I don't remember the alien helmet thingies talking in the anime.

dumbyugi

Popcorn Avatar END

This was clearly cancelled. Happy endings for everyone but so rushed that the big bad gets taken out in a fight that happens mostly off screen. I did mostly enjoy this series but the rushed ending lowers my overall enjoyment a little. 7/10

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Me: So what do want to do today?
Ichigo: Let's better ourselves, become productive members of society and spend time with our friends and family.
Part 1 Naruto: Let's compete against each other in a series of meaningless physical activities and then have a psuedo psychological discussion!
Part 2 Naruto: Do whatever you like, I'll be over here thinking about Sasuke.
Luffy: Lets burn things! No, Let's travel the world! Wait! Hold everything! Let's see the world... And then burn it!

I know who I'd hang out with.
This is so terrible that I I'm like what.

Me: Yo what's happenin breh

Ichigo: Yo man, whatever. Let's chill with a couple peeps on the lowkey tip. Play a couple games or go get some food and talk.

Naruto: You're not Sasuke

Luffy: AHAHAHAHA! *adventures*. *LAUGHS LIKE AN IDIOT AND CANNOT UNDERSTAND ANY WORDS ABOVE 5th GRADE LEVEL*

Of course this is all dependent on the type of personality, but since I'm the type that likes to chill more than do a bunch of shit. Ichigo would be cool.

Yusuke would be cool too. Him + Ichigo would be good times. Part 1 Naruto & Luffy would be infinitely annoying.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Ichigo: Yo man, whatever. Let's chill with a couple peeps on the lowkey tip. Play a couple games or go get some food and talk.

Keep in mind Ichigo ditched all his IRL bros to chase after spirit pootang.

Repeatedly.

It would be more like. "Yeah sure let's hang o- OH SHIT HOLLOW ALERT AIZEN IS ATTACKING GOTTA JET"

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Keep in mind Ichigo ditched all his IRL bros to chase after spirit pootang.

Repeatedly.

It would be more like. "Yeah sure let's hang o- OH SHIT HOLLOW ALERT AIZEN IS ATTACKING GOTTA JET"
This is a hypothetical situation assuming that the earth isn't in crisis or some shit or weird shit isn't going on. If I could see her, I'm sure Rukia could chill with us.

I wouldn't expect Naruto to hang out with me in Konoha if Pain is about to attack. I wouldn't expect Luffy to hang out with my if Kizaru is lamping on canonballs on his way to Sabaody. And I wouldn't expect Ichigo to hang out with my if Hollows were plunging into buildings and shit.

I wouldn't want to "hang out" because I would be afraid as shit in all those situations and would try to burrow my ass underground.

In regular situations, I doubt Luffy and Naruto even know how to function. On the other hand Ichigo would be pretty cool.

Haly

I wouldn't expect Naruto to hang out with me in Konoha if Pain is about to attack.

So why would you expect him to hang out with you when a serial killer who is also his best friend is on the loose?

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
So why would you expect him to hang out with you when a serial killer who is also his best friend is on the loose?
That's like asking why Naruto has relaxed at all since Part 2 started. Sasuke isn't a serial killer, he's just not in Konoha at all and doesn't want to have anything to do with him. It's not my problem he's obsessed with him.

Now, if Sasuke was reported to be in a really close vicinity, then you've got a point.

Sasuke is long gone. He's just thinking about him at every waking moment.

As I think Ichigo is the worst shounen protagonist of all the shounens I have read, i wouldn't want to be anywhere near him.

Yusuke now there's a boss I bet he'd make a great wingman.

Also would love to hang with Joseph Joestar the fabulous poses would be legendary.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Eyeshield 21 End

Man, that was an adrenaline rush to the end. The pacing was nearly breakneck, to the point where the world cup felt a bit rushed, but I guess the whole point of it was to finally match sena vs panther.

The entire kantou and christmas bowl arc is probably among the best I've read in manga. Kurita's improvement, the always evolving Sena, and Himura's tactics were all pretty fun, and it's nice to see everyone joining in to help prepare against teikoku. Also love the way the manga is constantly able to set up rivals for the devil bats. It could get formulaic though, with the devil bats losing ground at first and then start getting stronger along with sena improving, but I guess that's just what it takes to create a more dynamic and exciting match.

You can also feel the art improving as the series go along. Near the end there the art could be pretty breathtaking. Loved the allegoric images which made american football look waaaaay more interesting than it actually is, and also love the crazy ways he depicts sena's powers, as ridiculous as they look.

Started to get weirdly racial and nationalistic near the end there, but ah well, still enjoyed the story overall.

oni_saru

I guess two manga companies here did announcements on today (Seven Seas with Senran Kagura manga) and Sublime with Sublime Kids

I'm embarrassed to admit but I actually fell for that. I was wondering wtf a BL company was doing starting a kids line. Also I didn't realize it was BL alpacas. Haha

This shipping battle is amazing but useless. We all know it's gonna end up being.....
SasuNaru
Believe it :p

PK Gaming

Just caught up to one punch man

-awesome series, how frequently does it update?
-who's that mysterious girl on the cover, is it miss blizard?
-it's as if god himself resides in the body of saitama.

UberTag

Alien Nine - 01

Remember years back watching the anime and finding it really unsettling; reading the manga now, it's actually kinda funny. Eh, it'll probably get to that part sooner or later. Also, I don't remember the alien helmet thingies talking in the anime.
The anime has nothing on the manga when it comes to being unsettling.
Granted, you could say the exact same thing about Narutaru.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Rage Town

Something, sort of happened...just not to the main character. Also I think Seo knows everyone in this is a moron at this point, since everyone showed up acting dumb. If I could sleep I'd just skip this by now...but I can't...

Kurita

Eyeshield 21 End

Man, that was an adrenaline rush to the end. The pacing was nearly breakneck, to the point where the world cup felt a bit rushed, but I guess the whole point of it was to finally match sena vs panther.

The entire kantou and christmas bowl arc is probably among the best I've read in manga. Kurita's improvement, the always evolving Sena, and Himura's tactics were all pretty fun, and it's nice to see everyone joining in to help prepare against teikoku. Also love the way the manga is constantly able to set up rivals for the devil bats. It could get formulaic though, with the devil bats losing ground at first and then start getting stronger along with sena improving, but I guess that's just what it takes to create a more dynamic and exciting match.

You can also feel the art improving as the series go along. Near the end there the art could be pretty breathtaking. Loved the allegoric images which made american football look waaaaay more interesting than it actually is, and also love the crazy ways he depicts sena's powers, as ridiculous as they look.

Started to get weirdly racial and nationalistic near the end there, but ah well, still enjoyed the story overall.
Nakama

I consider the World Cup to be a pure fanservice arc. I mean, seeing Tetsuma, Monta, Sakuraba on the same team, Sena, Shin, Yamato running in the city... I remember being so excited when I read that arc.
It definitely felt rushed though, the US/Japan is the only detailed match.

I also loved that minor characters got some development throughout the manga like Sakuraba, Habashira (this guy... I really felt sorry for him)...

Agree with the techniques/power part. It was so satisfying to see them. Really felt like an action manga. I love the fact that they went all out. The authors knew it wasn't a realistic manga so heh, why not throw bats, spears, tornados, fuckin' Poseidon in the mix?

Manly tears, sweat, blood, bros everywhere... I need to re-read it now!

Haly

What World Cup? What are you guys talking about? I only remember the finale with Teikoku Gakuen.

Nothing else exists.

(Who is this "Panther" dude anyway? Sounds like some kind of black stereotype but couldn't be.)

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Eh, to be fair on panther, nearly every character who isn't japanese and exceedingly awesome is some kind of weird racial stereotype. They even managed to stereotype egyptians without egyptians being part of the story.

*STARE*

What! You have to be joking....

This is Yusuke, remember this for the rest of your life!

If you don't what he does to Sensui in this vid will be a joke compared to what will happen to you!

Now I want to do a YYH run again lol.

Come on man don't tell me you haven't seen Yu Yu hakusho

I've honestly never heard of it. At least I was able to find something under "Yu Yu Hakusho". So it's an older series from Togashi, which is interesting.

Kusagari

Kimi no who gives a shit

Are you kidding me? Pregnancy now?

We really are going to get mini arcs tying up the loose ends for every character of any relevance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom