• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTL| Not a lick of constructive conversation here

Status
Not open for further replies.

IHaveIce

Banned
I know man. I'm just saying that I'm surprised by the details. Especially for something so far that's non-H. Definitely skirting the line though.
There is also an offspring manga Nana to Karou Arashi( I think) also pretty good though I don't know how it fits into the timeline.

But yes the Manga is good!

I've honestly never heard of it. At least I was able to find something under "Yu Yu Hakusho". So it's an older series from Togashi, which is interesting.
Needless to say Yu yu hakusho is one of the best shounen series and Yusuke is pretty much the also one of the best protaganist of all time particularly because of his wise atitude and his penchant for not giving a fuck about authority, personally I think the anime is better than the manga though the dubbed anime that is...one of the best dubbed ever.

Needless to say Yu yu hakusho is one of the best shounen series and Yusuke is pretty much the also one of the best protaganist of all time particularly because of his wise atitude and his penchant for not giving a fuck about authority, personally I think the anime is better than the manga though the dubbed anime that is...one of the best dubbed ever.

The only bad part about the manga is the first 20ish chapters drag and the last 20 are horribly rushed. Other then that the 145ish chapters in the middle are fantastic.

Lain

Well it's not only that, she's unlikeable. I can't see any redeeming qualities about her character, or any character developments so it bores me.

It's how one likes their protagonists to be I guess. She just rubs me the wrong way.

Where did you stop reading? Because I think it's quite clear by now that Natsuo was a pretty nice girl and a cry baby when she was younger, but then something happened with her brother that changed her (a lot of things point to the fact she "beat" him at being a "hero" of justice and then something more happened, which killed their relationship). It's not that she's mean because that's her nature, she's mean because something happened that made her think she's the bad one and so she acts accordingly.
The whole enjoyment about thinking to make that other girl cry after she beats her seems more like trying to fight her own self when she was just like her.

Berserk

Zodd and Gutts fighting together?

350x260px-LL-c67c195d_961-aww-yeah.jpeg

Akito

Yamada 52-53

When Noa was telling Yamada about someone who could steal witches powers I kept wondering why neither Yamada or Noa picked up on the fact that Yamada can do just that. This new guy seems like he'll be an evil version of Yamada but he'll no doubt join Yamada's harem at some stage.
It seems like that guy actually steals a witch's power rather than just copying it.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Yamada ch 53

WE CAN'T STOP HERE, THIS IS DTL TERRITORY!

NYvVv8r.gif

Kimi no who gives a shit

Are you kidding me? Pregnancy now?

We really are going to get mini arcs tying up the loose ends for every character of any relevance.

I'm fairly certain that Seo has been leaned on by his publisher to keep the manga going until they air the stupid anime.

Papa no Iukoto o Kikinasai! - Rojou Kansatsu Kenkyuu Nisshi 27

Obviously Raika was going to win again. But it was really sweet of the girls to have prepared that dress for her even though she didn't ask them to.

Berserk ~285

Lord Griffith is now not only in line for the throne, but has also been acknowledge by the pope to be the savior of the world. Every chapter he's in is just straight up glorious

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Nana to Kaoru 41

Aww.

It's surprising how adorable a manga about BDSM can be. Heck, even the BDSM part is adorable.

Berserk ~285

Lord Griffith is now not only in line for the throne, but has also been acknowledge by the pope to be the savior of the world. Every chapter he's in is just straight up glorious

He's amazing, isn't he? Forms his own kingdom and an even bigger one than he has imagined, where humans and apostles accept each other and fight together.

What a man.

The hate is completely justified and needs no compensation.

Think of the greater good, Wiseblade. The greater good.

What happened could not have been averted, it was his prophecy and the way he rules the kingdom now is the best possible way for humans. They got a save place to live with an enormous power that protects them. The other alternative would've been chaos and hell everywhere.

gLE0T0x.png

Believe in the hawk, Wiseblade.

Wiseblade

Think of the greater good, Wiseblade. The greater good.

What happened could not have been averted, it was his prophecy and the way he rules the kingdom now is the best possible way for humans. They got a save place to live with an enormous power that protects them. The other alternative would've been chaos and hell everywhere.

http://i.imgur.com/gLE0T0x.png[IMG]

Believe in the hawk, Wiseblade.[/QUOTE]

Griffith is the reason people need a safe place to begin with? Considering the way he treated his most loyal and trusted comrades, I doubt he's the best leader for humanity either. The alternative to Demon Griffith is a world in which the OG Band of the Hawk are still alive, Guts has both arms and eyes and Casca didn't have [B]her mind raped out of her[/B].

GRIFFITH.

MUST.

DIE.

He's amazing, isn't he? Forms his own kingdom and an even bigger one than he has imagined, where humans and apostles accept each other and fight together.

What a man.

I'm pretty sure there'll be a twist over all that though. Powers in Berserk doesn't come freely and there's always a catch.

I think it'll be like the system in Magi where while the surface of Griffith's kingdom seems like paradise, there'll be a cesspit of horror beneath it all that will consume all in the end.

Berserk Hawk of the Millennium Empire Arc

All in all I really do like Guts having a party, I also enjoys seeing Griffith's new band of the hawk fighting the major threat to the world in the Kushan. The fights and art are fantastic as a whole and the supporting cast has really rounded out well with stand outs like Sonia, Serpico, and Schierke adding a lot to the story. I could live without the loli mage crush on Guts but I do enjoy her character besides that point.

Berserk truly is a fantastic series, not looking forward to being caught up :/

Griffith is the reason people need a safe place to begin with? Considering the way he treated his most loyal and trusted comrades, I doubt he's the best leader for humanity either. The alternative to Demon Griffith is a world in which the OG Band of the Hawk are still alive, Guts has both arms and eyes and Casca didn't have her mind raped out of her.

GRIFFITH.

MUST.

DIE.

But there's no alternative to Demon Griffith. Zodd said it from the moment he saw the Behelit.

And the Casca rape thing was simply an evil necessary to pave the way for his human reincarnation. This way he was able to return as a superior human-ish being.

Don't let your hatred blind you, Wiseblade.

DtrtrUF.jpg

Embrace the new lord.

And the Casca rape thing was simply to pave the way for his human reincarnation. This way he was able to return as a superior human-ish being.

In a sense, you could say the new Griffith is actually the child of Guts and Old Caska, which is a pretty awesome child to be.

Wiseblade

But there's no alternative to Demon Griffith. Zodd said it from the moment he saw the Behelit.

And the Casca rape thing was simply an evil necessary to pave the way for his human reincarnation. This way he was able to return as a superior human-ish being.

http://i.imgur.com/DtrtrUF.jpg[IMG]

Embrace the new lord.[/QUOTE]

[quote="brotkasten, post: 52391136"]And the Casca rape thing was simply an evil necessary to pave the way for his human reincarnation. This way he was able to return as a superior human-ish being.
[/QUOTE]

[quote="brotkasten, post: 52391136"]And the Casca rape thing was simply an evil necessary[/QUOTE]

NO
[IMG]http://i.minus.com/ibv0yGxCU8OJsv.gif

NO
ibg15B5x6GFiur.gif

NO
i7LJwHANaiVkV.gif

NO
i8hPjQwzze1GZ.gif

NO!

Saiki Kusuo no PSI Nan 7
tumblr_mkn2dpnD6Q1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Two chapters in two weeks, and I guess from the looks of it, a continuous release schedule. So excited to finally get more and more. Hopefully this manga also gets an anime as it would be so funny, I really want to hear Kaidou too, when he goes into chuuni mode he's hilarious. Fun hot blooded dodgeball match and commentary on popularity score.

upandaway

Whenever I see Griffith I get really confused because I can't decide whether, if he read Berserk from a 3rd person perspective, he would think Griffith is a jerk or not.

Really I'm not sure what he thinks anymore period.

Yamada and the Seven Witches 52 - 53
tumblr_mkmm2soV4x1qf6yj4o1_500.png

Best shonen manga, possibly. Hopefully this Tamaki stays around a whole long time and interacts more with Yamada. Really enjoyed the whole last few pages and such. Though why didnt Yamada inquire as to where he got Tamaki got the invisible powers from anyway.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
What?
Just because two guys kiss it's the best shonen?

DTL has crummy taste even in smut; e.g. he constantly posts generic yaoi featuring the same characters and plot over and over.

Fake retcon: That art he posted is awful. That guy's eating another guys face like a zombie.

Berserk Caught up

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

:( I don't want to wait for more Berserk

---

So the divide between the human world and the demon world is basically gone meaning the only safe place to go is Griffith's kingdom. Seems like Isma will be the next to join Gut's party guess we need someone to take over Farnese's role of Caska baby sitter now that Farnese is becoming more and more of a competent mage.

Overall I love this series, it might be the best ongoing manga I read top 3 with OP and Magi for sure.

MCD

You know, I am actually surprised my manga brothers in here are just starting Berserk.

Berserk is like...one of the first manga that got recommended to me whenever I asked people on what to read back then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom