• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTL| Not a lick of constructive conversation here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fox318

tumblr_m7nz43l5Pj1qknafpo1_500.gif

hipl6A9.gif

Noblesse

Rai is having difficulties but he will destroy them like nothing.

Naruto
Dreams crushed.

:(

Confirmation of NaruHina even more.

*siiiigh*

Bwahahahaha, come on. This has been a thing since the Pain arc. Besides Sakura is useless.

Honestly, I would've preferred either Sakura or no one at all.

Why the former? Because at least there was SOME development that wasn't completely ass pulled unlike this shit.

I wouldn't have liked it, personally, but I would've accepted it.

Ass pulled? WUT? Actually Hinata is the only person who has been beside and supporting Naruto for almost all of his life. This is a foregone conclusion. Sakura can rot in a ditch and her Sasuke crap. I mean raelly, how much does it take for her to start hating Sasuke? Hinata is the only female that is deserving of Naruto.

You're calling the last six months to a year tops being "there for him all his life"?

LOL, okay.

This shit was shoehorned in, plain and simple, made obvious by the fact that Kishi went over 200 chapters without even having Naruto even acknowledge what Hinata did for him after the fact...not ONCE...for a single panel. At all.

Wiseblade

You're calling the last six months to a year tops being "there for him all his life"?

LOL, okay.

This shit was shoehorned in, plain and simple, made obvious by the fact that Kishi went over 200 chapters without even having Naruto even acknowledge what Hinata did for him after the fact...not ONCE...for a single panel. At all.

Hinata's been lurking Naruto since day 1, breh. The was blishing in the corner in Ninja school. She was blushing in the corner at the chunin exams. She was blushing in the corner when after the timeskip. "She's always been there for me" is more "she's always been blushing in the corner" rather than "we've spent so much time together".

LOL, okay.

Ok, let´s forget that Hinata liked Naruto since forever, and never gave up on him, or shun him like the rest of the village. Sakura was never, ever interested romantically in Naruto. Sakura is exactly the kind of girl that Shikamaru described when Gaara was revived. Sakura is a shallow self centered girl, while Hinata is not.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
US Jump TOC for April 1st 2013

One Piece
Sakuran (Tentative) (One-Shot)
Toriko
Naruto
Nisekoi
World Trigger
Cross Manage
Bleach
Dragon Ball
One-Punch Man

Previews: Blue Exorcist and One-Punch Man

scy

Hinata's been lurking Naruto since day 1, breh. The was blishing in the corner in Ninja school. She was blushing in the corner at the chunin exams. She was blushing in the corner when after the timeskip. "She's always been there for me" is more "she's always been blushing in the corner" rather than "we've spent so much time together".

Y-yandere route?!

Sakuran (tentative) oneshot
tumblr_mkl63wx7qy1qbxqfpo1_500.png

I guess a decent one shot though I probably wouldnt want more of it. The writer should just stick to action stuff as the one minor scene did look really nice, but outside of that the concept was a bit dull (though having a lead character with allergies, I guess is memorable in some way), and the reveal was kind of not good. OH well. Maybe if it had been more about guessing the name and some tension before being taken from Earth and to the other planet, it could have been funner.

Kusagari

Ok, let´s forget that Hinata liked Naruto since forever, and never gave up on him, or shun him like the rest of the village. Sakura was never, ever interested romantically in Naruto. Sakura is exactly the kind of girl that Shikamaru described when Gaara was revived. Sakura is a shallow self centered girl, while Hinata is not.

The two have almost never even interacted.

Hinata having some crush on him without even talking to him does not mean she was there for him.

Before Pain, Sakura did far more for Naruto than Hinata did by hiding in the corner watching him.

upandaway

Baby Steps (!!!)

So you mean to tell me.. all of his sketchy moves and annoying behavior.. is because he's too weak to win otherwise? And his motivation for winning.. seriously?

I don't believe this. Wow.

Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against Hinata, but that is because I have no reason too. She has very little to her character.

I mean, seriously, all I really get from her are these things:

She's nice.

She's shy.

She likes Naruto.

That is it.

Not that I wouldn't mind getting to know this character. But, she either gets no screen time or just comes out-of-no-where and gets these very flamboyant scenes of trying to save Naruto, or giving him a pep talk… when any other character (you know, the ones who ACTUALLY spend time with him) could have done so.

She's kind of a Mary-Sue to me. And, I can't stand female characters like that.

The sad thing is, I want to like Hinata…

When she was younger I liked her a lot better, she had a bit more to her personality, was a little weird and out of place. Had the potential to be three-dimensional.

But nope, Kishi took her personality away and made her quiet, out of the way and hot. No wonder all my guy friends have a thing for her…

Wouldn't care too much, but she just pops up to do something amazing and out of character, out of the freaking NOWHERE! No development, nothing!

That irritates the fuck outta me.

So, now unto Naruhina. Same thing, nothing really wrong with it… except… absolutely no development.

Oh, I know she confessed to him when she totally failed at saving him, I know she has been stalking him her whole life, I know that NOW it kinda, maybe, sorta, looks like he likes her too…

It STILL is really underdeveloped to me… here is why…

Naruto has more screen time with characters like Shikamaru than with Hinata. What the fuck do they even know about each other? Not that shounen has had the reputation for love interests knowing each other that deeply, but bare with me.

Now, I don't think he has to spend ALL his time with her. (Harry obviously had more screen time with others than with Ginny, but that's a conversation for another time) But, seriously, they have very little time actually spent together in the manga or getting to know eachother.

Here's a question, what does Hinata know about Naruto? And, information from stalking doesn't count to me… that is saved for her pep talk from 615. I mean, does she know he likes or liked Sakura, or even why? Does she know he wants to be Hokage… I mean I guess from observing the guy she may… but, does she even acknowledge his faults? That he is hyper, he has a temper, he is rude… or his just Captain McAwesome to her.

Picture the two of them on a date… I mean really do it…

Honestly, Orihime is pretty much Hinata done right. She is the shy,attractive , who falls in love with Ichigo, but there is more to her than that. She is quirky, weird, creative, somewhat ditzy, funny, loving, charismatic, cheerful, selfless, a tragic past, she is not just the SHY/NICE girl. She isn't even the main girl, but she has screen time, and spends time with the Ichigo, gets to know him, even though she is nervous around him. If Kubo somehow had Orihime end up with Ichigo or Rukia (though the latter is highly unlikely considering their brother and sister like relationship, but I digress), he'd be in the clear because he gave proper development to BOTH of their relationships with him.

But, getting back to the point, Hinata has not always been there for him, she has always stalked him… the real people who have been there for him ALWAYS are Sakura and Kakashi.

*looks up*

I just wrote several paragraphs about shipping.

Goddammit! X__X

Wiseblade

I'm currently waiting for a reply just as long and passionate and will be really upset if no one steps up

Hintata deserves a little more credit than you're giving her. They spent their infancy together in Ninja school and they do get to know each other a little more afterward. Naruto also does acknowledge her existence during the Chunin Exams. Everyone and their mother knows about Naruto's goals. As for his character, I'm pretty sure she mentions his outgoingness in a monologue during his fight with Kiba, something about wishing she had his courage to speak so freely.

Hinata is even portrayed as relatively competent when Naruto isn't in the vicinity. Wasn't there a flashback about her being really diligent about her training in Part 1?

Hiunata is leagues above the only other realistic romance candidate, Sakura. Sakura is the only person in the ninja world moister than Naruto when thinking about Sasuke, regardless of what the says. She's the definition of a Mary Sue, getting away with murder and having everyone act like her farts don't stink.

Wait wait what. But the longest discussions every week here are about Naruto.

That's just the collective agreement on how shitty it is and whether it's worse than the previous chapter or not. Then we move on to how bad part two in general is, despite it being the majority of Naruto's story.

Real wars are fought over Bleach.

That's just the collective agreement on how shitty it is and whether it's worse than the previous chapter or not. Then we move on to how bad part two in general is, despite it being the majority of Naruto's story.

Well I mean its the one thing the thread can actually agree on and it's such a nice change of pace from all the "your favorite manga sucks" arguing

Princess Resurrection 87 (END)

Where did it all go wrong? Somewhere along the line the author lost his tenuous grasp of the plot and we just kept journeying aimlessly from one [odd locale of the month] to another. Then the climax comes out of nowhere and is predictably terrible. Tsk.

Tsuki Tsuki 22

Inconsistent chapter lengths strike again. Anyway, there was crossdressing.

Hintata deserves a little more credit than you're giving her. They spent their infancy together in Ninja school and they do get to know each other a little more afterward. Naruto also does acknowledge her existence during the Chunin Exams. Everyone and their mother knows about Naruto's goals. As for his character, I'm pretty sure she mentions his outgoingness in a monologue during his fight with Kiba, something about wishing she had his courage to speak so freely.

Hinata is even portrayed as relatively competent when Naruto isn't in the vicinity. Wasn't there a flashback about her being really diligent about her training in Part 1?

I did say I liked Part 1 Hinata better than her Shippuden counterpart.
Hiunata is leagues above the only other realistic romance candidate, Sakura. Sakura is the only person in the ninja world moister than Naruto when thinking about Sasuke, regardless of what the says. She's the definition of a Mary Sue, getting away with murder and having everyone act like her farts don't stink.
I never said I wanted NaruSaku to happen. I just said that if it did, I'd accept it more on the plausibility scale seeing as how they actually had development and it'd make SOME sort of sense though obviously Kishi would have to pull some things out of his ass to make THAT work too.

Believe me, I hate Sakura's obsession with Sasuke just as much as the next guy. That whole shit from the Land of Iron STILL rubs me the wrong way, even three years later. Christ what a colossal fuck up for Kishimoto with her character. Wasted potential.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Sorry Wise, no one is moister than Naruto. Dude hyperventilated at the thought of ol' boy.

Naruto is pure bitch.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car

I couldn't have said this better myself.

The only people that like Narutu are Angry Grimace and Beam.

Angry Grimace and Beam.

Angry Grimace...and Beam.

HA HA HA

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Sakura was thinking about Sasuke during the war, even though he threatened to kill her.
Naruto has been thinking about Sasuke during the entirety of the manga, even after he threatened to kill him and everyone he tries to protect.

"Let's abandon Konoha, our names, our lives...and be together."

MOIST ASS MOTHERFUCKER

Wiseblade

Naruto has been thinking about Sasuke during the entirety of the manga, even after he threatened to kill him and everyone he tries to protect.

"Let's abandon Konoha, our names, our lives...and be together."

MOIST ASS MOTHERFUCKER

Sakura was willing to run away with Sasuke and help him kill Itachi in Part 1.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Sakura was willing to run away with Sasuke and help him kill Itachi in Part 1.
She was a dumb and irrational 12 year old; passable.

Naruto is 16 (or 17) and still rambling on this dumb shit.

Sasuke: No, YOU'LL die.

Sasuke: Weren't you supposed to become Hokage?

Sasuke: Why do you care about me so much? (nice panel, Tactical)

Sasuke: I saved you on a whim

Naruto: *hyperventilates*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom