• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTL| Not a lick of constructive conversation here

Status
Not open for further replies.

wonzo

Banned
Nozoki Ana 104
nozokiana104.png

Ahahahahaha that piece of shit of an older brother got fucking OWNED.

Attack on AKB49 118

RIP

food smut 14

This series has been pretty ace thus far but I'm kinda worried about the "training arc".

Assassination Classroom 33

I really wish they'd amp up the pacing instead of reiterating stuff that's already been established several times before. Shit's boring as hell when it drags like this.

Wahjah Moe 37

First she gets a part time job and now she's actually talking to strangers. I'm impressed in the leaps and bounds she's made in a year! Maybe this is the start of some kinda OMK turnaround.

survivor

Banned
Will they look as good as Matsumoto's or Igarashi's backgrounds?

I have been looking for the past 5 mins for that drawing Asano did for Witches hoping he actually drew some backgrounds for it to match the manga's style, but it turned out he didn't.

But you know, I don't think Asano can draw backgrounds as good as Igarashi, at least not on the same level of detail or scale.

Read Omamorishimasu, Dokomademo (I Shall Protect You, No Matter Where) , it was done recently and was fun and touching.
Yeah, I should probably get around to read Junko's works. Her art doesn't look that bad.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Speaking of backgrounds, I think kiyohiko azuma needs a few props for the backgrounds he does for yotsuba&.

Also it seems like I should look into some igarashi daisuke stuff. His art is beautiful.

Moshi Koi da toshite ~Sayonara, Itoshi no My Friend 1
tumblr_mjh0f2sgNg1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Mizusawa definitely has the role of my favorite type of subordinate in manga, overly emotional. Must be praised for confessing on the first try, other manga did build up the moment much more, but of course they only said like, how long for them to declare love. Shin was more patient and easily more willing than I imagined to be, again thought he'd say t wait until chapter 2 or longer. Will keep following.

Wiseblade

Not based upon the current Sinbad we have now but past Sinbad is a much easier character to get behind

But it's the same guy

But I guess my Sinbad hate just comes from my disdain for Ace characters in general, or at least the ones that stick around. At least Portagus D. Ace had the good courtesy to leave right after being introduced and then die.

Dresden

Is this from Obrigado? I really liked the short stories in Baka & Gogh (the main story was great as well, it needs more love too) so I should probably give this a read if it has same level of creativity. That time travel story and the radio one were great.

yeah, it's from Obrigado. Good shit.

Antiwhippy

But it's the same guy

But I guess my Sinbad hate just comes from my disdain for Ace characters in general, or at least the ones that stick around. At least Portagus D. Ace had the good courtesy to leave right after being introduced and then die.

Didn't you introduce us to sawamoto desu ga?

Akito

Cirque Arachne
Run-of-the-mill yuri story with decent art, serviceable if you're in the mood for one.

Yeah, I happened to be be the first to discover Swagamoto but it was just a matter of hours before everyone would have discovered it themselves anyway.

But it's the same guy

Fair enough, I have no issue with the "ace" character though I can see why you wouldn't enjoy them

flawfuls

think my current favorites that pop to mind are:

Taiyo Matsumoto (Takemitsu Zamurai)
Daisuke Igarashi (Children of the Sea; Witches)
Aki Irie (Ran from a Gray World)
Fumiko Takano (Bou ga Ippon; Yellow Book)
Shinkichi Katou (Baka & Gogh; Obrigado!)

Wait is this translated? I would be very happy if it was.

wonzo

Banned
Aku no Hana 43

This was kinda underwhelming outside of the DRAMATIC SHITEATER TURNAROUND but this really does a good job of portraying just how close to the brink Kasuga is mentally. Dude's gotta hook up with Nakamura again and start making some crazy suicide babbies or something.

Berserk 112-122

88ykDrt.jpg

This is crazy and hilarious.

After so much drama, it's good getting some more light hearted humor into the story. Crazy Gutts is clearly the best Gutts. I laughed when he killed the elves the first time and the way he used the boy as bait was genius. :lol

But yes, this is pretty interesting, aside from that little slip up at the beginning. You know, when the insect elves turned back to their human child form and burned down in that barn. That nightmare fight it caused was awful. Just as bad as that self aware scene with Puck. Absolute horror. No wonder Gutts turned into such a monster himself. I'm enjoying him being so blunt and honest, even in front of that kid. And it was incredible how he went for the queen, even though she Jill in her arms. Gutts is truly a heartless bastard. It's really fun to read.

The guardians, while mostly insects, sent some shivers down my spine. There's just something really unsettling about human sized insects with human face features.

Magi

Why was Mu's Djinn equip so... Djinn-like? Right down to the blue skin.

Magi

It's fucking garbage that Mu's Djinn Equip is enough to completely overpower a goddamn Magi who had been limiting his power for YEARS and just unleashed all of it again.

I hate it when they make characters job to showcase the other guy.

Has Magi gone on long enough to properly gauge power levels? Besides Sinbadd > all, of course.

Antiwhippy

Magi

Why was Mu's Djinn equip so... Djinn-like? Right down to the blue skin.

Has Magi gone on long enough to properly gauge power levels? Besides Sinbadd > all, of course.

I believe someone linked us to official power charts.

I think it's in the wiki.

dramatis

7 Seeds 1

Kinda nice setup, Lord of the Flies vibe. Hope it doesn't turn into a lame love story, onwards!
If you make it to the end of volume 4, you are set to read the rest of it.

I'm plodding along volume by volume though, because I don't want to catch up to the current chapters and then have to wait.

Lain

Ran and the Gray World volume 3
F2m.jpg

Another great volume that keeps expanding both the characters and a bit of the world they live in.

I'm still not sure if I like or dislike Otaro. He's definitely an asshole, yet I can't help but giggle or outright laugh when he butts heads with Jin over Ran (memorable how he goes about pissing off Jin by hugging and kissing Sango just to leave his scent on her, knowing Jin would easily smell it).

The chapter about Jin's heat was awesome for a couple of reason, mainly the whole kissing affair (he also managed to get the hot teacher) but especially because it helped set the stage for Ran running away from home to Otaro and afterward Otaro going to speak with Ran's mother and dad.

The last chapter in the book was also interesting since Hibi manages to catch Ran transforming again and follows her on her date with Otaro, managing to grab a handful of her boobs too.

Some words need to be spent on the extra chapter too, since it centers on Tamao, showing off that while she has no magic power, she's still mean, scary and plenty cool.

Defuser

Magi - Sinbad's Adventures
Interesting, Sinbad actually met Yunan and Yunan doesn't seem age at all which means maybe Lady Magi could be the real deal. And already 2 of the seven generals appear. This is good stuff.

Wiseblade

Magi - Sinbad's Adventures
Interesting, Sinbad actually met Yunan and Yunan doesn't seem age at all which means maybe Lady Magi could be the real deal. And already 2 of the seven generals appear. This is good stuff.

Aladdin likely doesn't age either, considering how long he was locked up with Ugo.

survivor

Banned
Ran and the Gray World volume 3
http://i.picpar.com/F2m.jpg[img]

[/QUOTE]
Ran's covers are so beautiful. They are packed with lots of little details, but just don't feel crammed at all.

It also appears that the translations are active again so I should catch up on the latest chapters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom