• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTL| Not a lick of constructive conversation here

Status
Not open for further replies.

survivor

Banned
Atashi no Banbi vol 1 End
XjvEi7L.png

So this is pretty much what Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun would have looked like if it was one volume long. The two stories are so similar even to the point of having the sidekick girl being better than the main girl in both series. It's such a shame that the author's other works haven't been translated yet. Sure, this manga didn't do anything beyond average, but at the very least it had competent shoujo art so I wouldn't mind reading more her works.

*watches first 10 minutes of the Magi anime*

That's some adaptation they got there!
Did I ever tell you how I much I love your avatar? Cause it's really awesome.

I appreciate what they tried to do but they mucked it up, though it is still enjoyable in its own right.

alibaba_in_balbadd_by_tristtrist-d5u34w5.gif

I think it has good looking action and works to convince people to check out the franchise, easily made me a fan of several of its characters with its good vas. Anyway cant wait for viz to bring the manga this summer.

You know who's a good artist? Kubo
Mitsurou
. Faces especially.

Again!! 24-28

The summer retreat arc was well done and still manages to be funny. I didn't like some of the thoughts that went through Imamura's head, seemed a bit dickish, and I'm not even sure what he meant by this, I will need to think about it for some time. Also I didn't like the implications that Usami isn't aware of love, I really hope the manga doesn't go into bad romance writing territory.

Isn't it just that she's pissed him off by liking someone besides him, so he's going to make her go through the pain he's feeling? I like that he had the dramatic sensibilities to get up and make that internal monologue while standing over her and pointing his finger accusingly, not caring that Reo was awake and in the room and presumably wondering what the hell he was doing.

After reading 3.3.7 Byooshi, I'm a bit worried about Kubo's long-term storytelling ability. That really started to drag and feel aimless after awhile.

7Th

You know who is an amazing artist? Kiyoshirou Inoue; his faces are great, specially
the ahegaos.

survivor

Banned
Takasugi Kou sure can draw very attractive older women.

Isn't it just that she's pissed him off by liking someone besides him, so he's going to make her go through the pain he's feeling? I like that he had the dramatic sensibilities to get up and make that internal monologue while standing over her and pointing his finger accusingly, not caring that Reo was awake and in the room and presumably wondering what the hell he was doing.
Oh yeah, that makes sense. I just thought it was something more complicated.

After reading 3.3.7 Byooshi, I'm a bit worried about Kubo's long-term storytelling ability. That really started to drag and feel aimless after awhile.
I stopped reading 3.3.7 after the first two volumes when I saw the translations were barely active. I will probably get back to it at one point but it really feels like a downgrade when compared to Again!! or Moteki, especially art wise.

suzu

Oh, and artists <3:

- Takehiko Inoue (Slam Dunk, Vagabond, Real)
- Hiroaki Samura (Blade of the Immortal, Emerald)
- Yusuke Murata (Eyeshield 21, OnePunch-Man)
- Kaoru Mori (Emma, A Bride's Story)
- Daisuke Igarashi (Children of the Sea, Witches)

WitchCraft Works 20

FLYING KNEE.

That was a pretty good chapter. Nice to see the protag taking quite an active role now. I think.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I just read it, oh god why is this real?

It's my only exposure to Eva and I plan on keeping it this way cause there is no way the real thing is better than his doujins.

I don't read the doujins but I can already tell you that this is true.

A random note.

For someone who really likes mangas, Fire Emblem Awakening is like crack >_______>

lol I have yet to finish it. Who did your avatar marry? I picked Lissa and then saw Cordelia >.<^. Too bad you can't break off marriage or have a harem.

On that note, Toriko is really picking up for me. Would be glad to have it replace Naruto in the near future if Kishi decides to end things this year.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
lol I have yet to finish it. Who did your avatar marry? I picked Lissa and then saw Cordelia >.<^. Too bad you can't break off marriage or have a harem.

On that note, Toriko is really picking up for me. Would be glad to have it replace Naruto in the near future if Kishi decides to end things this year.

Her :) Funny thing though, I kind of wish my Avatar married Lissa instead, hahaha; that girl's really charming/perky, I really like her.

And yes, Toriko is incredibly awesome. Definitely very enjoyable.

Piecake

Tower of God

Another set up chapter, but I enjoyed it. It had some good character and group development and showed Leeso's team finally. Curious who the 3 new people on that team are and why Rak and the others arent on it

FYC

Banned
Why's God's Beard banned?

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";49635600]What are you talking about? I posted a picture almost immediately, it was indian food. And you gave me $23.97, not $30. For a bet.

And I really think FChamp is scamming people with that 1100 shit. Splitting with a ton of people in Union City? Come on. I could split a two bedroom apartment with one other person in downtown SF and play a little less than that.

Man, got sucked into a conversation here. Can a mod ban me for two weeks please.[/QUOTE]

Asked for it himself, I guess.

Two more days for the second Trigun Maximum omnibus!

wonzo

Banned
Maybe we all should pool up some money and get him to do a few chapters of Tetsuwan Girl with the promise of a $30 Thai meal. Kickstarter time.

Jintor

So this is pretty much what Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun would have looked like if it was one volume long. The two stories are so similar even to the point of having the sidekick girl being better than the main girl in both series. It's such a shame that the author's other works haven't been translated yet. Sure, this manga didn't do anything beyond average, but at the very least it had competent shoujo art so I wouldn't mind reading more her works.

Natsume is pretty baller, but Shizuku is more interesting imho

wonzo

Banned
TWGOK 222

That was over pretty quickly which is good as this arc's starting to drag a bit. If only the rest of it could've beeen this fast paced. :(

MagiKano 1-2

I'll never get why Kanon's so popular but at least this was fun in a dumb way.

Magi 176

Alibaba owns and all but....

Chapters without Mor: 32 ) - (

Magi: Sinbad Thingy

This wasn't bad at all. even though it ends on a more open note, I can't really see there being any more of this unless they bundle some more with another Anime volume to try and boost the woeful sales again.

fertygo

Prepare yourself. Berserk goes way down hill after the flashback ends. So very slow pace.

The two arc after it still great oh even better though, the fairy arc have epic boss fight, and Conviction arc is maybe the darkest stuff ever. And then Falcon of Milleniun arc, after that its slowing down.

Tacitus_

The two arc after it still great oh even better though, the fairy arc have epic boss fight, and Conviction arc is maybe the darkest stuff ever. And then Falcon of Milleniun arc, after that its slowing down.

Mostly because you run out of the decades of material and realize that he's pumping out maybe 4 chapters a year on average ;_;

dumbyugi

Touch END

This was a fantastic series. There's not really a whole lot I can say about it. All the characters were fun and they all interacted well with each other and all of the important characters developed well throughout the series. The art, while not my favourite, worked well for the series. The story was really well done, even though baseball was the driving force it never really overshadowed the love story. My only real complaint is about the ending, it seemed a little bit rushed and for the type of story it was it seemed a little to open for my tastes. I will make sure I read more of the authors other works some time soon.

Art: 9/10
Characters: 10/10
Story: 10/10
Overall: 10/10

Touch END

This was a fantastic series. There's not really a whole lot I can say about it. All the characters were fun and they all interacted well with each other and all of the important characters developed well throughout the series. The art, while not my favourite, worked well for the series. The story was really well done, even though baseball was the driving force it never really overshadowed the love story. My only real complaint is about the ending, it seemed a little bit rushed and for the type of story it was it seemed a little to open for my tastes. I will make sure I read more of the authors other works some time soon.

Art: 9/10
Characters: 10/10
Story: 10/10
Overall: 10/10

I love love love Adachi's works. Touch is generally considered his classic and its the one that got him famous, but I think Cross Game and Rough are a bit better. All his (good) stuff is in a similar style and has similar content, so if you liked Touch you'll probably like the rest.

dumbyugi

I love love love Adachi's works. Touch is generally considered his classic and its the one that got him famous, but I think Cross Game and Rough are a bit better. All his (good) stuff is in a similar style and has similar content, so if you liked Touch you'll probably like the rest.

I'll probably read Cross Game after I get through Slam Dunk and Ushio & Tora.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom