• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTL| Not a lick of constructive conversation here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gokukoku no Brynhildr 42

Ue8CKNl.png

Every time you tell a lie, Neko kills a tree. Please, think of the trees.

Meanwhile in enemy territory, the new recruit has her first encounter with a Mahou Shoujo. Cue next chapter beginning with the escapee being turned into swiss cheese.

flawfuls

Touch END

This was a fantastic series. There's not really a whole lot I can say about it. All the characters were fun and they all interacted well with each other and all of the important characters developed well throughout the series. The art, while not my favourite, worked well for the series. The story was really well done, even though baseball was the driving force it never really overshadowed the love story. My only real complaint is about the ending, it seemed a little bit rushed and for the type of story it was it seemed a little to open for my tastes. I will make sure I read more of the authors other works some time soon.

Art: 9/10
Characters: 10/10
Story: 10/10
Overall: 10/10

Glad you liked it. I felt the same way about the ending. Maybe Mix will eventually bring some better closure to Touch
or you could watch the shitty anime movies that took place after the end of the manga.

dumbyugi

Glad you liked it. I felt the same way about the ending. Maybe Mix will eventually bring some better closure to Touch
or you could watch the shitty anime movies that took place after the end of the manga.

Should I start reading Mix then?
I don't watch many good movies as it is, I'm even less inclined to watch shitty ones.

dumbyugi

Well there aren't many connections between the two series so far so there isn't any real reason to jump on board yet.

I'll just wait until it's finished then. If the pace is similar to Touch's then I don't think I could handle having to wait between chapters.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Usotsuki Lily 43

So a cross dressing guy, who is crossdressing as his sister, is now locked in a love triangle with another cross dressing guy who likes him, and another guy who likes the other cross dressing guy.

This is certainly something.

Mitsuru Adachi writes some of the most entertaining many as ever. You might argue that most of them follow the same formula but in his defense they work, and a joy to read.

My favorites from him are H2, Katsu and CrossGame.

Erigu

After reading 3.3.7 Byooshi, I'm a bit worried about Kubo's long-term storytelling ability. That really started to drag and feel aimless after awhile.
Well, that's pretty much how I feel about the recent episodes of Again!! (in Japanese, I mean)...

Akito

Touch END

This was a fantastic series. There's not really a whole lot I can say about it. All the characters were fun and they all interacted well with each other and all of the important characters developed well throughout the series. The art, while not my favourite, worked well for the series. The story was really well done, even though baseball was the driving force it never really overshadowed the love story. My only real complaint is about the ending, it seemed a little bit rushed and for the type of story it was it seemed a little to open for my tastes. I will make sure I read more of the authors other works some time soon.

Art: 9/10
Characters: 10/10
Story: 10/10
Overall: 10/10

Hah, in comparison with his other series he actually took some time to construct an ending with proper closure in Touch. Anyway, I'm glad you like it, you have like his whole portfolio to choose from now, some may not be as brilliant as Touch but they are fun in their own ways.

Dresden

Kyoani is the obvious best choice for everything, but the director would be more important here.

My esteem for Tsutomu Mizushima (and his comedy) grows with each passing show. He'd do a great job.

e: imagine if yotsuba had the same level of production as nichijou did

Akito

I'll give it a try, though I'm not sure if I want to read more adachi seeing that I hear that his stuff is very similar.
Even though they are similar they work and we still crave for more after all these years, that has to count for something. If you have to read something different from him, I recommend his Short Program series, it's a short story collection with some very powerful ones.

Antiwhippy

Even though they are similar they work and we still crave for more after all these years, that has to count for something. If you have to read something different from him, I recommend his Short Program series, it's a short story collection with some very powerful ones.

I'll give those a shot then. I do like his writing style, but reading what is basically the same story/themes doesn't really appeal to me.

Jintor

Sasameki Koto 49-50

God I love the endings of shoujo series. BUT ALSO IT'S TORTURE WAITING FOR THEM TO BE RELEASED

Antiwhippy

Usotsuki Lily 60

Caught up now.

This wasn't good. At all.

Some decent gags now and then, if I'm being honest, but goddamn it has the typical generic shoujo problem in that every character are both shallow and idiotic. I've got to say though that it is a masterclass in finding ways to insert cross dressing in any situation. Which is charming in it's own way.

Read it if you want to see cute girls and cute guys do cute shit and be lovey dovey till your kidneys explode.

Jintor

Yes, i can't imagine why

What was that other damn swimming manga I kinda half liked even though it wasn't drawn very well? Umisho?

Antiwhippy

We just saw a 30sec PV, it's not even an actual anime. It has no name.

Huh.

Is it an actual teaser or just some dude making it for fun?

I find it kind of weird how it's just called swimming.

edit: dude with the orange hair is kinda cute.

Jintor

I was just going to post about your tumblr single-handedly holding the balance against the tidal wave of yuri blogs i follow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom