• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTL| Not a lick of constructive conversation here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Halloween Town - Party Time 5
tumblr_mkndl0uBo71qbxqfpo1_250.jpg

Finally a new chapter, seems to also be releasing at the pace of one chapter an OT...Regardless it was so good with all of the different characters finally encountering the vampires, but that cliffhanger ending. Funny at times and nice action.

It's fine man. I'm calming down from my surprise.

Nana to Kaoru 11

sEpuTpp.png

I like where this is going.

I'm interested; what exactly does BDSM stand for anyway;
Bondage, Dominatrix, Slave and Master
Pupa 1

Had a quick flick through this after hearing about the anime.

Will definitely be watching and/or reading.

PLEASE tell me this is what I think it is...
Helter Skelter v1 (end)

Well damn, that was one hell of an experience. It's a similar story to Perfect Blue or Black Swan, where you can follow the slow but steady mental and physical deterioration of someone who is in the show biz but never was the portrayal so ruthless. As early as after the first half I had to wonder how the MC can fall any further and boy she did. The sketchy art style is actually beneficial in this case because a more realistically one would probably move the manga way past the comfortable line.
I need to check out the live action version even though I'm sure that it'll be toned down as fuck.

Welcome to the club, the drinks are over there.
Yes, this what I need.

Dammit guys, stop giving me stuff to read!

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I'm interested; what exactly does BDSM stand for anyway;
Bondage, Dominatrix, Slave and Master

PLEASE tell me this is what I think it is...

Yes, this what I need.

Dammit guys, stop giving me stuff to read!

I thought the SM was sadism and masochism

Soul Cartel 64

This new arc is going alright. Though I think it shows the person doing the art is good for action and really upclose scenes but leaves many other scenes really barren, like offices, etc.

The main characters having such high value and Mephistoles as the sole aspect keeping them from being hunted by the major soul traders is a good premise for the arc. Hopefully the new dude is on Mephistos level and gives us a good fight.

Soma

Pupa 1-2

Ahahahahaha wow

that last page

holy shit where is this gonna from here? Actually I kinda just wish it ended right there.

Lain

Anyone read Heroine Shikkaku/No Longer Heroine? Seems cool.

I've read the first volume (which I bought last month, incidentally). It's interesting (though nothing especially great, but with having read only 1 volume my opinion doesn't hold much weight), what with the main girl basically fucking herself out of the role, basically.

So what should I read next? My IRL friend is pushing me to pick up Dead Man Wonderland though I've been rather interested in Monster as of late. There is also the beastly series that is JoJo which if the rest of the manga is anything like the first season of the anime should be fantastic.

lordmrw

I've never read Suzuka. Is it really as bad as KNIM?

God I hated that series. Actually I only watched the anime adaptation when it came on the Funimation channel years ago and it was some of the most brain dead shit I've ever seen. I think the only consolation I got out of the whole mess is knowing how the story in the manga turned out.

Akito

So what should I read next? My IRL friend is pushing me to pick up Dead Man Wonderland though I've been rather interested in Monster as of late. There is also the beastly series that is JoJo which if the rest of the manga is anything like the first season of the anime should be fantastic.
Deadman Wonderland is entering the last arc IIRC after coming back from a hiatus just recently so you might as well wait until it's over. Monster is a great read but if you have the time I'd definitely recommend the anime because it's as faithful as an adaption can get and the music is fantastic.
I also have to get properly into JoJo but the amount of volumes is as intimidating as ever.

Deadman Wonderland is entering the last arc IIRC after coming back from a hiatus just recently so you might as well wait until it's over. Monster is a great read but if you have the time I'd definitely recommend the anime because it's as faithful as an adaption can get and the music is fantastic.
I also have to get properly into JoJo but the amount of volumes is as intimidating as ever.

I don't mind reading a series on going so I guess I'll read deadman and watch monster. Did the dub of monster ever finish or is sub the only way to go?

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Nana to Kaoru 90

Caught up. That was actually a weirdly touching story for a BDSM story, and not through some contrived side story either. The touching moments actually come from the BDSM, which is pretty cool actually. It does a really good job in going through the psyche of the submissive and the dom, and in that exploring their desires, personality, insecurities, and their bare emotions.

Never have I seen a gimp mask used to express so much love and care for a person. I mean that earnestly too.

Gintama 439

Way to block that Kyuubei x Otae moment Shin and Kondou.

Also hooray for male Tsukuyo! Can't wait to see the reaction next chapter when he/she finds out the woman is Gintoki.

Nana to Kaoru 90

Caught up. That was actually a weirdly touching story for a BDSM story, and not through some contrived side story either. The touching moments actually come from the BDSM, which is pretty cool actually. It does a really good job in going through the psyche of the submissive and the dom, and in that exploring their desires, personality, insecurities, and their bare emotions.

Never have I seen a gimp mask used to express so much love and care for a person. I mean that earnestly too.

Yea its actually not bad given the subject matter and I need to catch up one of these days

one piece spoilers

First part
Lucy and the Statue of Cyrus
Coverart: That cyborg-ish guy from Kaido's crew is wrecking **** up on the revolutionaries on the island, Caribou watches terrified.

The Spartan guy Luffy took out was one of the star of the Colosseum, the other fights can't believe their eyes.
A guard tries to tell Luffy to leave the place since he caused a fight before the games began, but a trio of warriors come in Luffy's defense.
The Chinjao brothers (Chinjao as in the Chinese dish, Chinjao Rosu 青椒肉絲)
Don Chinjao, Xai, and Buu.

Xai is insane, he's so easily agitated, he almost snapped at Luffy for thanking him lol.
Meanwhile, Two other groups of fighters are arguing.
The King of Prodence, Elizabero the 2nd and his Strategist Dagama enters the tournament wanting the Mera Mera fruit as a weapon for their army.
Asassin duo The Funk Brothers from the neighboring country is telling them collaborating with other fighters to win is not fair.

Tons of other fighters
Class-A criminal from the Sea of Dias, The Slayman
Former bounty hunter and mastermind behind blowing up a government facility, Abudhulla and Jet
An "Adventurer of false massacres" Oorombus(?) The Ruler
Bellamy the Hyena, now over 100million bounty and admissions from the DonQuioxte family
And not present at the moment, but few others are entering the tournament including "Young Pirate Nobility" Cavendish and the crazed rookie from year ago Balto Romeo.

Black Beard wants Ace´s DF, surprise surprise.

Whenever I see that a new chapter of Kiss x Sis is out I reflect on how certain Japanese subcultures would probably have quite a different interpretation of the phrase "like kissing your sister."

Again 32

Those damn stairs are at it again! Is there anything more dangerous in manga than a staircase?
Was not expecting that at all, thought we would be sticking in this time period for the majority of the rest of the series. I wonder if the present will have changed.

Some thoughts on Berserk

-It's been a while since a series has grabbed me like that, where I said fuck sleeping, showering, and going to class, I've got to read the next chapter.

-Witch girl is cool. I don't know if she qualifies as a loli, but if so she's one of the good ones.

-Things have gotten a lot less grim since Guts started teaming up with his new companions. People still die by the thousands and in gruesome fashion, but compared to the bottomless pits of despair that were the Eclipse, the child-slaughter festival known as the Fairy Children arc, and Albion, recent events are positively cheery. I'm of two minds about this. It bugs me that the monkey kid can go around killing monsters that chew threw adults by the dozen without getting split open and that amnesiac Caska can wander around battlefields without any harm coming to her, but I do enjoy the storybook fantasy elements like the witch's tree house and the mythical creatures coming alive after Griffith's big light show.

-The series isn't perfect, but the highs most certainly do deliver. The fight against the Kushan sorcerer was amazing.

-Fuck Griffith.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
One Piece spoilers

Huh... I thought Bellamy was dead. First round knockout against Lucy?

Did we ever get confirmation that this was going to be 1-on-1? I forget.

Maybe they'll play it like a free-for-all first for a while, survivors are paired up and fight other teams from the melee then the surviving teams are broken up into 1-on-1 fights. It would make the whole thing pretty quick, be more like the roman Colosseum and change how tournament arcs usually go. If it's not a bog standard elimination style one that is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom