• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTL| Not a lick of constructive conversation here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did we ever get confirmation that this was going to be 1-on-1? I forget.

Maybe they'll play it like a free-for-all first for a while, survivors are paired up and fight other teams from the melee then the surviving teams are broken up into 1-on-1 fights. It would make the whole thing pretty quick, be more like the roman Colosseum and change how tournament arcs usually go. If it's not a bog standard elimination style one that is.

Well going by the spoilers it's going to be free for all in the early stages 550 people will be in groups and only 4 will be left .

dumbyugi

Jump Issue #19 TOC
Assassination Classroom (Cover, Lead CP)
Kuroko no Basket
One Piece
Jieta's no Tsuugakuji (Center Colour, Oneshot)
Shokugeki no Souma
Beelzebub
World Trigger (Center Colour)
Naruto
Nisekoi
Haikyuu!!
Bleach
PSI Kusuo Saiki (Center Colour, Novel Announcement)
Sket Dance
Gintama
Kochikame
Hungry Joker
Koisuru Edison
Medaka Box
Cross Manage
Rookie Policewoman Kiruko-san

Absent: Toriko

Jump Issue #20 Information
Lead CP/Cover: Toriko
Center Colour: Haikyuu!! (Character Popularity Poll Results), Kuroko no Basket, W.C. Friends (Oneshot)

Ippo 1005-1007

Honestly, Vorg is a much more compelling character than Ippo and I'm glad that he's back in full force. This will surely motivate Ippo even more to take on the world stage.

Naruto

LOL Seriously Kishi? Rush the end of the flashback and have Hashirama change into a cold hearted killer for "the sake of the village". Where the hell was Mito Uzumaki in this? Didn't she have Kyuubi sealed within herself?

Retcons or plotholes are also going on. Madara escaped the battle but how? Izanagi? Nope he had both eyes. Ehh whatever, lets get to the good part where Naruto is beaten up by the 10 tails and the 4 Hokages save the day.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Naruto

So this is going to be the justification for the eventual Naruto vs Sasuke fight eh?

If ban bets weren't banned I'd bet a week that we get a similar scene in the Naruto vs Sauske fight if it ever happens. Shadow clone and all.

"I can't believe he didn't see that shit coming after he heard how Madara lost the same way, its the guys favorite move and you don't think he'll use it. Waste of a good pair of magic eyes!" I'll bet money I'll be able to make that post about that fight.

Edit: Kyuubi gets sealed after this dude.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
If ban bets weren't banned I'd bet a week that we get a similar scene in the Naruto vs Sauske fight if it ever happens. Shadow clone and all.

"I can't believe he didn't see that shit coming after he heard how Madara lost the same way, its the guys favorite move and you don't think he'll use it. Waste of a good pair of magic eyes!" I'll bet money I'll be able to make that post about that fight.

Edit: Kyuubi gets sealed after this dude.

Oh yeah. I have no doubt this is going to be the case. I'll actually be surprised if this isn't the case.

Naruto
End of the flashback , did not really cared about it that much in end since it seem rush .
Lets hope we see the 4 kages go and kick ass soon .

ant1532

Banned
Flipped? More like splintered.

Naruto

Well at least the flashback is over. Also Madara lost like a bitch. Fucking magic eyes couldn't see a wood clone.
He could've lost on purpose to get the senju cells.

stoked to see whats next. GAF ITS SO GOOD. HASHIRAMA IS SICK.

Only after that fight, I imagine...

What's worse? No explanation at all, or yet another largely unnecessary flashback, from Madara's point of view this time?

Well the Kyuubi was literally put to sleep so it could have been done right there while Hashirama finished off Madara.

I'll take the no explanation vs Naruto flashbacks but a single panel or 2 showing Madara leaving behind a fake dead body with some of Hashi's blood/skin wouldn't have hurt consistency.

Naruto

HKoAhHa.png

Hashirama might be a huge idiot, but he knows what's important in life.

It was still great to see him acting kinda badass like he did, even if Kishi pulled a Kubo. After he fucked up the flashback in the flashback I really wish he just showed the fight, some monologue and ended it like this.

Naruto

HKoAhHa.png

Hashirama might be a huge idiot, but he knows what's important in life.

Man i wonder what the drinking age was back then cause i knew the taste of alcohol rather early lol
Side note this is one of the things i hate to see in any form of fiction you can kill people but can't drink a beer whatever .

Naruto

So was the moral of the story that Hari's biggest flaw was giving up on Madara?

Please tell me that's the moral.

Please tell me Naruto's superior to Hari due to his infinite love.

Please oh pretty please please.

Erigu

[Naruto]
I'll take the no explanation vs Naruto flashbacks but a single panel or 2 showing Madara leaving behind a fake dead body with some of Hashi's blood/skin wouldn't have hurt consistency.
Apparently, the wound he got this week was real though (volume 63, episode 606).
It looks like Hashirama notices something/somebody right after Madara collapses. Maybe the guy got some outside help? OMG TRUE VILLAIN AND MADARA IS JUST A PAWN! THAT MEANS MORE FLASHBACKS YAY!

Hypron

Bleach

Damn, Ichigo's mother is pretty violent. How the fuck did she get killed by a shitty ass hollow like grand fisher?

Bleach
Not a bad chapter , lets see how things go from here .

Bleach

Damn, Ichigo's mother is pretty violent. How the fuck did she get killed by a shitty ass hollow like grand fisher?

Most likely did not have any power or was to weak after a while .
EDIT oh Neoriceisgood and Infi lolol .

Bleach

Holy battle of the titans! Isshin is one big motherfucking badass shinigami. Masaki is also brutal I mean damn headshot!

Aizen is a douche as always but this explains about his knowledge of Ichigo.

"White" is a black armored Hollow based on the soul of a shinigami that has his hollow hole filled in..... Said hollow bit Masaki..... The origin of Hollow Ichigo?

Damn so many questions, the week long wait is like torture.

Kurita

I've read the first volume (which I bought last month, incidentally). It's interesting (though nothing especially great, but with having read only 1 volume my opinion doesn't hold much weight), what with the main girl basically fucking herself out of the role, basically.
Thanks.
I guess I'll buy the first volume, I'm in the mood to read some shoujos.

Bleach

It sucks to see how good Ichigo's parents were. Isshin spitting fire, Masaki delivering a headshot. And what gets Ichigo out of all this? Getsuga spam.

I'm really curious to see who the shinigami was that Aizen turned into the hollow and if it even matters.

Naruto

So again why did Sasuke care about this flash back? Isn't this more "shit he/we already knew territory"

Bleach

Exciting fight, also more Aizen please

Naruto

So I guess naruto will succeed where Hashi failed....ugh. Fucking retarded

Bleach

Holy fucking shit! She breasted the fuck outta that hollow!!! I laughed my ass off seeing that final panel

One Piece

Entertaining shenanigans leading up to the battles, seems like the final will be between Luffy and Jesus Burgess from the BB Pirates.

Hypron

One Piece

Entertaining shenanigans leading up to the battles, seems like the final will be between Luffy and Jesus Burgess from the BB Pirates.

Yup. Let's hope Jesus is up to the challenge and will push Luffy to his limits. That'd be a nice change of pace compared to the previous arcs where the straw-hats have just been steamrolling over everyone.

ant1532

Banned
Naruto

So again why did Sasuke care about this flash back? Isn't this more "shit he/we already knew territory"

Bleach

Exciting fight, also more Aizen please

Hashirama's answer to Sasuke "what are shinobi" perfectly matches Sasuke, who was always set up on his goals and changed because of it. I want to see his reaction to his whole well-being being so clearly dissected.

Naruto

Madara is pretty much the worst baddie ever. He's really just an idiot.

Bleach

I... uh... hmm. "White". Alright Kubo, whateva mane.

So basically, Ichigo's parents were both beasts. I guess that explains why Ichigo is this strong. Nice flashback so far.

One Piece

Great and hilarious chapter. Rebecca for new nakama, plz.

I wonder if the rest of the BB pirates is present as well.

Kurita

One Piece

Entertaining chapter, to of new faces. I like the two brothers that are a reference to the wrestlers Terry and Dory Funk.
Cool to see Bellamy. I guess BB's dude will be the final boss of the tournament.
Rebecca puts Nami to shame with these clothes :lol

Akito

Naruto
The only nice thing I have to say about this flashback is that it's finally over.

Bleach
That bite made Misaki a Jinchuuriki I guess?

One Piece
Fun chapter that shows us some new characters and sets up even more stuff .
Also BB pirates wonder how big they have gotten .

One Piece

Yup. Let's hope Jesus is up to the challenge and will push Luffy to his limits. That'd be a nice change of pace compared to the previous arcs where the straw-hats have just been steamrolling over everyone.

I don't see them having a proper fight something going to happen before then plus he not even the last boss of the the tournament .

GManDH

One Piece
AWESOME CHAPTER. Great info and proof that in OP if someone isnt shown to be dead then they arent necessarily dead.

Kreed

One Piece 704:

LOL @ Bellamy. Will Oda have Bellamy realize Lucy = Luffy and get scared to death, or will Luffy knock Bellamy out the same way as he did all those years ago?

Definitely wasn't expecting anyone important outside of Doflamingo and the Marines appearing so soon, but it makes sense Blackbeard would want Ace's fruit too (even if he used it just to mess with Luffy). Still Burgess vs Luffy would be interesting if it happens considering they aren't proper crew "match ups" (Captain vs a non captain) but I wouldn't be surprised if he got taken down by someone in Doflamingo's crew just to hype them up.

Other than wishing Oda would tone it down on all the gigantic non giant people, I thought the chapter was fine, but I'm hoping we'll get another perspective change next chapter to Law's group or Brooke and the Samurai.

Steroyd

Naruto

Not seeing how any of this would influence Sasuske one way or another, and it would be an apt end if the Naruto v Sasuske fight ended that way, but I'm sure Kishi is going to shovel in the "New surpassing the Old" theme which is just a hilarious notion at this point.

Bleach

Boom headshot lol.

One Piece

So far so non sucky, how silly of me to think that Doflamingo disposed of Bellamy, nice to know Oda is keeping the japaneese tradition of female armour and hooo boy a BB crewmate spiced this up even more.

One Piece

Great fun chapter. Cavandish is going to win his round and fight Luffy in the next round I think. Rebecca will probably fight Jesus. The tournament won't finish though. Rebecca is probably the princess of the Kingdom. Wonder if the old blind samurai is Jintaru or the famous gladiator... Good to see Doctor Robotnik in there as well.

Also, Bellamy is definitely going to get taken out in one shot by Luffy. I am betting neither will recognize each other and Bellamy will mock him for being an old man. Later he will pee his pants on finding out who beat him.

Akito

One Piece
lol Lucy, should have put on an afro So many new faces and most of them will get one-shoted off-screen. Rebecca is kinda intriguing and of course Burgess. One should have guessed that BB wants Ace's DF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom