• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTL| Not a lick of constructive conversation here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kusagari

Naruto

Man this flashback sucked.

Bleach

Masaki was pretty brutal there with the headshot.

One Piece

It looks like this will be a lot more interesting than I thought. Bellamy showing up, this prince guy, a female gladiator and even Burgess.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
One Piece

Awww yeah, now that's some good One Piece.
I have a strong feeling Zaitoichi is Kyros.
Rebecca is interesting, a strong female fighter that doesn't rely on a Devil Fruit or odd gimmick (as far as we can tell).
Anyone notice that Burgess is the "First Fleet" captain? Sounds like Blackbeard's crew is now similar to Whitebeard's, with multiple fleets.
Also, Bellamy lives! We'll see if he's improved or Luffy will just end him in one punch again.

MCD

One Piece

I heart Rebecca.

The slave metal bikini doesn't hurt.

Yeah, I love bikini armor as much as the next pervert but that was too much.

And the whole chapter is a mess. I hate it when Oda introduces 100 characters in one chapter.

Jump Issue #19 TOC
Assassination Classroom (Cover, Lead CP)
Kuroko no Basket
One Piece
Jieta's no Tsuugakuji (Center Colour, Oneshot)
Shokugeki no Souma
Beelzebub
World Trigger (Center Colour)
Naruto
Nisekoi
Haikyuu!!
Bleach
PSI Kusuo Saiki (Center Colour, Novel Announcement)
Sket Dance
Gintama
Kochikame
Hungry Joker
Koisuru Edison
Medaka Box
Cross Manage
Rookie Policewoman Kiruko-san

Absent: Toriko

Jump Issue #20 Information
Lead CP/Cover: Toriko
Center Colour: Haikyuu!! (Character Popularity Poll Results), Kuroko no Basket, W.C. Friends (Oneshot)

Hopefully Hungry Joker continues to rise. People really dont like Medaka Box that much?

Kusagari

I'm expecting Jesus vs. Lucy to be the finals and the fight gets interrupted by something. And then Jesus makes off with the fruit.

It's hard to see Luffy losing to Jesus, but I also can't see Jesus losing here either.

Yeah, I love bikini armor as much as the next pervert but that was too much.

And the whole chapter is a mess. I hate it when Oda introduces 100 characters in one chapter.

Well, it's a tournament. What did you expect?

Also, you're the wrongest kind of wrong about Rebecca~ aka aww yiss new nakama

Kurita

Chihayafuru vol.1

That was really good. Didn't expect the karuta part to be that hot-blooded.
I dig the art and the characters. Seems like the second volume will have a timeskip and we'll get to see their high school years. Really looking forward to it.

One Piece

Oda introducing more characters that seem interesting and mixing it with some old standbys like Bellamy (LOL) and Burgess (hmmmm).

This tourney should be entertaining once most of the mooks are dealt with leaving some of these named folks and hopefully Luffy's fake mustache and beard holds out longer.

One Piece

I see the "Rebecca for new nakama" campaign has begun.

oh oh

A better way to introduce them? I'm no artist but Oda just crams way too much in a single page that makes me not give a shit and skip it.

Eh, it's a huge tournament with >550 people, this is just Oda's way of saying "look at all these beasts". If that makes you skip it, I don't know what to tell you.

Chihayafuru vol.1

That was really good. Didn't expect the karuta part to be that hot-blooded.
I dig the art and the characters. Seems like the second volume will have a timeskip and we'll get to see their high school years. Really looking forward to it.

You should check out the anime IMO it's better than the manga .
The voice acting , music and animation really helps it but the anime does a much better job of showing how hard the sport is on a person .

Eh, it's a huge tournament with >550 people, this is just Oda's way of saying "look at all these beasts". If that makes you skip it, I don't know what to tell you.

It's not even that confusing plus he get everything out the way in 1 chapter and on to the action unless he changes to someone else .

scy

Time for a new nakama campaign?! Hell yes, best parts of One Piece!

Edit: After reading One Piece 704, metal bikini for nakama best campaign. She even has a goal that lines up with the current arc and (most likely) some relation to the statue/guy they went on about for a few pages!

rouken

One Piece

Very exciting chapter, so many characters introduced that makes the tournament interesting. Freakin bellamy is still alive and Jesus Burgess will make Lucy riled up to fight in the tournament.

Oh yes, I also vote for rebecca for nakama. But it really is a long shot given she is a sword user. Although if she eats the mera mera fruit, then I can see lucy recruiting her on board.

One Piece

Very exciting chapter, so many characters introduced that makes the tournament interesting. Freakin bellamy is still alive and Jesus Burgess will make Lucy riled up to fight in the tournament.

Oh yes, I also vote for rebecca for nakama. But it really is a long shot given she is a sword user. Although if she eats the mera mera fruit, then I can see lucy recruiting her on board.

Speaking of which a bunch of them are crawling out of the fucking woodwork as of late (prince dude has one also)

Akito

Edit: After reading One Piece 704, metal bikini for nakama best campaign. She even has a goal that lines up with the current arc and (most likely) some relation to the statue/guy they went on about for a few pages!
Block D. Rebecca

Totally nakama material

Akito

!!!

The undefeated statue dude will end up being a former member of Roger's crew somehow now.
Kyros also for nakama

i6QQdswuJX8JP.png

IHaveIce

Banned

!!!

The undefeated statue dude will end up being a former member of Roger's crew somehow now.

And his monument will be a poneglyph with a message from Roger.

I could see all this becoming reality and possible ( except she becoming a crew member)

Also I think this arc I s going to last for a veeeeeeeeeeeeery long time. I mean he have so many subplots :
- Tournament ( takes probably a lot of time)
- Stolen Sword with Zoro and the "fairies"
-Law's group handing over Ceasar
- Sanji and the girl
-Probably something happens at the ship
- We don't know if Franky continues the search for the Factory ( Is Kinemon with him or with Zoro? )
- mysterious blind swordsman( if admiral probably flashback or marine explanation chapters)
And after all this they still need to blow up the factory

This is going to take years :(

Anteater

One Piece
Tournament gave me a Foxy vibe at the beginning but this seems to be getting interesting with more characters introduced and a little bit of mystery from the past, looks like it could be fun!

rouken

that's why i'm officially calling it Arabasta Arc part 2.

Is it bad that I'm more interested in Zoro's stolen sword plot than the beginning of the tournament?

i'm interested in all of them, but Oda really needs to show what the other characters are doing especially Law's group.

Sounds like it and its pretty much mandatory since Law's crew is there. Now I wonder what techniques they will have.

well ryuma is able to cut copper, kinemon cuts fire, i guess all other samurai's specialize in one thing they know how to cut.

Naruto

Finally this flashback is done. Hashirama had to do what he should have done long time ago.

Bleach

White. Tousen said that this monster was created from a shinigami. Zangetsu was white there and he is the reflection of Ichigo´s soul and by extension Ichigo. Very well done Kubo.

The white black contradiction is the reason of why Kubo called this manga Bleach. Shinigami wear black kimono and he wanted something to contrasted it, so he called the manga Bleach IIRC.

Masaki is so damn amazing. She owned a Vasta Lorde hollow like nothing. The hollow bite explains a lot.

one piece

Jesus vs. Luffy at the final is set. I want Rebecca to kill Deflamingo.

remz

I could see all this becoming reality and possible ( except she becoming a crew member)

Also I think this arc I s going to last for a veeeeeeeeeeeeery long time. I mean he have so many subplots :
- Tournament ( takes probably a lot of time)
- Stolen Sword with Zoro and the "fairies"
-Law's group handing over Ceasar
- Sanji and the girl
-Probably something happens at the ship
- We don't know if Franky continues the search for the Factory ( Is Kinemon with him or with Zoro? )
- mysterious blind swordsman( if admiral probably flashback or marine explanation chapters)
And after all this they still need to blow up the factory

It'd be really interesting if the tournament itself was relatively short. Considering the breaknet pacing I wouldn't be surprised. I can imagine Zoro and Franky getting some side plot focus, alongside Sanji as comic relief, but I can see too much focus on Law's group.

The blind sword guy... will he show up in the tournament? is he already entered? will he crash it?

IHaveIce

Banned
It'd be really interesting if the tournament itself was relatively short. Considering the breaknet pacing I wouldn't be surprised. I can imagine Zoro and Franky getting some side plot focus, alongside Sanji as comic relief, but I can see too much focus on Law's group.

The blind sword guy... will he show up in the tournament? is he already entered? will he crash it?

Yeah that would be really cool, but don't forget that there are still the Flamingo warriors in the Arena, so I think it will take a while. Though I hope it will be not too long.

And yes the blind sword guy is at the moment the most interesting thing for me.

Also the coverpage is that the "creature" that served under Kaidou and gave the warning to Drake?

Bleach

It is already pretty obvious how this Hollow fits in and will be tied to Ichigo, thinking back to Zangetsu fusioned with the white Ichigo.

And Ichigo's mum is quite the boss. I really like those flashback arcs in Bleach. Good to see stuff coming together and finally being revealed

One Piece

I want the tournament start already and see Luffy...I mean Lucy beating fools.

Also Rebbeca seems like a strong foe. Given MMO armor female ratings, her armor must be Legendary/Epic level.

If I'm not mistaken , didn't Ichigo think that the Grand Fisher was the hollow that touched his mothers soul to give him the Fullbringer powers in the first place?

If I'm not mistaken , didn't Ichigo think that the Grand Fisher was the hollow that touched his mothers soul to give him the Fullbringer powers in the first place?

Yes. Which makes sense it was from Grand Fisher, because Ichigo wasn't even concieved by the time Masaki beasted the fuck out of that hollow.

Korosenai

One Piece

Great chapter, introduced a lot of new interesting people and then boom, holy shit Burgess shows up.

So do we already know the final four? Lucy, Burgess, Cavendish, and Rebecca? That's my guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom