• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTL| Not a lick of constructive conversation here

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know, I am actually surprised my manga brothers in here are just starting Berserk.

Berserk is like...one of the first manga that got recommended to me whenever I asked people on what to read back then.

Probably due to how infrequent it's release schedule is, probably an "out of sight out of mind" kind of deal.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Ippo

FTMZ6Mm.gif

YES!

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I'm waiting for it to finish because I don't want to deal with extended hiatuses.

I am aware that I will be waiting a long time.

Saying you're going to "wait" for Berserk is taking a gamble on whether an event will occur in your lifetime.

Lucky Dog 1 Blast 11
Great cover page. Well at least its volume 3 but so many months to wait just from the previous chapter to now. Jailbreak is still going well for them, but that backstory stuff made it seem like one of the families will be out to get them all. Character wise, I hope Ivan wont truly just never get along with no one, surely Gian could get along with them all and keep all the captains happy and together, not just Bernardo and Guillo.

upandaway

I'm waiting for it to finish because I don't want to deal with extended hiatuses.

I am aware that I will be waiting a long time.
I'm banking on the very likely chance that by the time Berserk ends, I'll be able to reread it to 99% effectiveness of a blind readthrough, just because of how much I'll forget.

And even if not that, Berserk is one of those manga that should be really good even for fully aware re-reads (its partner in crime, HxH, is the same way. funny how that works).

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
If it never ends then I would prefer not to start only to rage at the lack of resolution.

In that case I ought to have good odds of seeing it happen.

I'm more suggesting you will end before Berserk does even if Miura was immortal.

Needless to say Yu yu hakusho is one of the best shounen series and Yusuke is pretty much the also one of the best protaganist of all time particularly because of his wise atitude and his penchant for not giving a fuck about authority, personally I think the anime is better than the manga though the dubbed anime that is...one of the best dubbed ever.

Indeed.

I see people are falling victim to devil Griffith's swag LOLOLOLOLOLOL, weak

Uwate na Otoko no Otoshikata 01-04

Not a bad bunch of one shots. Being one shots of course means they get to the good stuff quite quickly. Though some of the plots were decent.

Wiseblade

A Town where I stop reading END

Yep, that's right. It might not be truly over, but I am truly done. I quit, do not see you next week, do not pass go, do not collect £200.

Akito

Helter Skelter v1 (end)

Well damn, that was one hell of an experience. It's a similar story to Perfect Blue or Black Swan, where you can follow the slow but steady mental and physical deterioration of someone who is in the show biz but never was the portrayal so ruthless. As early as after the first half I had to wonder how the MC can fall any further and boy she did. The sketchy art style is actually beneficial in this case because a more realistically one would probably move the manga way past the comfortable line.
I need to check out the live action version even though I'm sure that it'll be toned down as fuck.

Yep, that's right. It might not be truly over, but I am truly done. I quit, do not see you next week, do not pass go, do not collect £200.
Welcome to the club, the drinks are over there.

Tsukumo Tantei Jimusho e Youkoso 01-03

tke1PT9.jpg

Story's a little messy. I guess it's more episodic than story driven but it really didn't give such an impression. Characters are pretty funny and it is pretty wacky.

I'll look forward to the threeway ending of course.

Ai o Kou Kemono 2 - 3

A few of the plot points occured a bit fast or just needed an extra panel or two (fire trauma) but I liked the progression. After the father x son moments, though I guess he's not his real father, finally getting bro x bro moments maybe is a bit exciting. Mainly because Senoo and how the writer makes all his text bubbles in which he's noticing Akira have some sparkles or one even had flowers. Though I guess chp 4 wont have much considering he's rain soaked and much unless Senoo would give in to that plea.

In a sense, you could say the new Griffith is actually the child of Guts and Old Caska, which is a pretty awesome child to be.

No, actually Griffith almost made dissapear Caska and Guts kid just to get a new body. So he basically killed their son.

Even more reason to Guts cut the bastard in half.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Why can't we all be in the middle ground?

Griffith is a magnificent bastard, yes, and the moment when Guts fucking destroys him and plunges his sword into his fucking tonsils will be glorious.

Bossun

Air Master 03-04

Gotta say the art is not great at all but somehow the story remains somewhat compelling.

Ok it's late, I know.

I don't know if you are reading the manga or watching the anime.
But I remember watching the anime a looooong time ago and from what I remember it was great, even the art (at least for the time). Definitively better than the covers I saw for the manga.

So if you can find them I strongly suggest you watch the anime if you are reading the manga.

Kusagari

Nice try. You know you can't quit it, especially when we've got PREGNANCY DRAMA now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom