• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTL| Not a lick of constructive conversation here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Naruto: F

I don't understand anything. This was the worst flashback ever. Other than the Obito one.

One Piece: C

This chapter was a mess. I don't care... We need LESS clutter and shit. Oda would do a battle royale with X amount of unnecessary competitors just to waste more of our time. I don't care about Rebecca or Candevish or whoever the fuck comes out.

This is bad because we got tons of other plotlines that are going to make this arc unnecessarily longer. Fluff it up, Oda, we need that right now. :|

Bleach: B

This chapter felt short (then again, what Bleach chapter doesn't amirite?!?!?!) but what I read was awesome. Aizen's scheming and way of speech are in top form and it just makes me realize that when he returns in the present it will be all the better. Praise Lord Aizen. I wonder if Isshin will ever know that Aizen's the one who did that?

As for Masaki, okay, I'm with it. She just put in that work. Badass motherfucker I see. I really want to know if Ryuuken is going to show up soon or will he be too late. Looking forward to the next chapter in this flashback. It's unfolding nicely so far.

32RNLnc.gif

This is amazing.

New Prince of Tennis 99:
Oni victorious! Suck it, Kintarou fans!

Amazing chapter. That was a great end to the match. Oni just seems even more awesome after that epic beatdown. Kintarou didn't even get to do anything with his Tenimuhou.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Naruto

Sasuke will probably learn a lesson, albeit the wrong one. Like, he'll say, "that was a great story. It really did a great job of hammering home the point that I need to murder Naruto and everyone else in the village to satisfy my pointless teenage rage."

One Piece
tumblr_mkofhnCOOc1rx964ho1_r2_250.png

Almost as awesome as the Naruto chapter this week. Cavendish is easily one of Oda's best designs since time skip Coby was introduced, and Traffy as well, and in the upper echelon of One Piece designs in general. Really cant wait to hear who shall voice him in the anime. He needed way more panel time though as he easily has had quite a high percentage of best moments for a character in a panel. I wonder how his other crew looks. Am really hyped to see where we go from here.

upandaway

That's not how it works, where are my rage posts?
:lol

On an unrelated note here are some WSJ rumors

Issue #22/23
End: Rookie Policewoman Kiruko-san

Issue #24
New Series by Hasegawa Tomohiro
End: Medaka Box

Issue #25
New Series by Ohba Tsugumi x Obata Takeshi
I need to know if this is true

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I'm of two minds whether I really want more Ohba/Obata. They're okay at starting manga and really bad at getting them to go anywhere good.

ZPtGtmp.jpg

Kurita

I might be a freak since I really liked Death Note (even after L's death) and absolutely love Bakuman (up to volume 14).

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Death Note wasn't horrible after L's Death. It just wasn't nearly as good as it was. It was like, okay.

Bakuman became shit after
PCP

I'll still maintain that had the author ended Death Note after L's death, it would be on EVERYONE's both fan and official, god tier anime/manga list.

Steroyd

I guess I meant more in terms of the comment about how his body would be destroyed/limitation that he just cant use his Bankai in such a state. Considering that other key characters in the series could come back from such a situation.

Because it's that strong?

If I remember right he was schooling Aizen when they fought.

Ashodin

Bleach

I think the reason why Aizen is so excited about what's going on is this:

zcbaRRS.png

Doesn't say nothin' about no special humans like Quincy.

Jintor

Nana to Kaoru v1-2

This holds up. Haha. Although the main character's expressions still annoy me, but they have their place.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
One Piece

Loving this, giving me so many tenkaichi budokai flashbacks. I'm looking forward to this.

Also after reading a better translation I am sure Luffy just doesn't want Ace's fruit in bad hands. He'll be fine with anyone eating it who is a good person.

edit: HAHAHA I just realized that Cavendish ate the rose he was holding.

Bleach

Appearing behind your enemy and stabbing him in the back is a pretty normal thing in Bleach, we all know that. But could it be possible that Isshin lost his shinigami powers the same way Ichigo did, after his first encounter with Byakuya? I know it's a huge stretch, but Isshin lost his powers at some point and I don't think it was confirmed that I happened because of Urahara's gigai.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Bleach

Yeah, it appears that Aizen slash was really bad. This wasn't just a "I'm expecting and bracing for an attack" behind the back attack, this was completely out of nowhere and the asshole that is Aizen seemed to have fucked Isshin over with this one.

What I'm trying to figure out is if Urahara is on the scene. Also, when does Isshin find out that Aizen did it? Is he retelling this story from an outside POV?

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
One Piece

Something I noticed while reading the superior translation, one of the combatants mentioned that he heard Luffy is 8 meters tall. I love how Luffy has gone from no-name pirate to the stuff of legends. All while still retaining his personality.

Angry Grimace

Death Note wasn't horrible after L's Death. It just wasn't nearly as good as it was. It was like, okay.

Bakuman became shit after
PCP

Bakuman got terrible as soon as Detective Trap was cancelled and got gutter trash level at the "Miho's fan revolt because she has a boyfriend" part (even though that was very close to the end). I was super disappointed they just played that particular bit of awful humanity completely straight as opposed to tearing down what bullshit the idol industry is.

Also, lol @ spoiler-tagging PCP but not L being dead.

Atredeus

Neo Member
One Piece

Loving this, giving me so many tenkaichi budokai flashbacks. I'm looking forward to this.

Also after reading a better translation I am sure Luffy just doesn't want Ace's fruit in bad hands. He'll be fine with anyone eating it who is a good person.

edit: HAHAHA I just realized that Cavendish ate the rose he was holding.

Obvious setup that the chick gladiator is going to end up eating it?

And then everyone will speculate she's the new crew member

One Piece

Something I noticed while reading the superior translation, one of the combatants mentioned that he heard Luffy is 8 meters tall. I love how Luffy has gone from no-name pirate to the stuff of legends. All while still retaining his personality.

CdBN7Ln.png
x2uG3M9.png

I'm not saying the Stream isn't better than the Panda, but both mention it. Is there an even worse group out there?

Also, lol @ spoiler-tagging PCP but not L being dead.

I think at this point it's as well known as Aerith's death.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
CdBN7Ln.png
x2uG3M9.png

I'm not saying the Stream isn't better than the Panda, but both mention it. Is there an even worse group out there?

When the Panda translation is out, I mostly just skim it for main details since their translator eats paint. With the Stream version I gave a more through reading.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
One Piece

It's hilarious. Half the combatants would probably drop out if they knew it was him. It makes me wonder what Buggy's reputation is like now, yea he's a warlord but is he seen as a mythological figure?

It's hilarious. Half the combatants would probably drop out if they knew it was him. It makes me wonder what Buggy's reputation is like now, yea he's a warlord but is he seen as a mythological figure?

Buggy clearly is considered to be one of the Greatest of All Time

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Buggy clearly is considered to be one of the Greatest of All Time

I want to see him show up and have everyone (civilians and pirates who aren't in the know) lose their shit at his GOAT status. I need this to happen at some point, maybe not this arc but soon.

Angry Grimace

That's because Kurita said he had read Death Note but was currently reading Bakuman. Common courtesy, breh.

PCP's existence isn't really a spoiler though. It's literally a meaningless word, even in context since it has no discern able meaning.

Also, the character you're thinking of is probably Nanamine.

CdBN7Ln.png
x2uG3M9.png

I think at this point it's as well known as Aerith's death.

A few years back a guy attempted to spoiler tag L's death by saying "The series is good until
L
dies."

Naruto was Ok? In what world?

Naruto 626

That was a really tragic and sad way to end the flashback. Poor Hashirama making the, in my opinion, wrong choice. There was an easy alternative that could have been pursued. For one that prides himself on wanting to talk with people to sort differences, he should have been willing to try to talk Madara out of it instead of wiping him out and showing their guts. Madara seemed easy to understand and really Hashirama could have used the wood clone to his advantage to hold a really long discussion or perhaps a wood prison jutsu. Madara, to me, seemed as if he was just really lonely and sort of afraid and tired of being on top. In all the instances he appeared to only attack alone (nor was their indication that he had anyone else), and just kept relentlessly trying to get Hashirama's attention. With no one to support him in the village nor joining him out there, it was clear why he would be a bit bored and wanting of Hashirama. I dont think he really believed in his ideals and such as he said and actually did dream of their past days. That being said, it just seemed like Madara just needed a hug and would have easily changed and came over to Hashirama's side. We've seen that hugs actually do work and are quite effective in the Naruto universe (ex: Yami Naruto). Really good flashback and I cant wait to see it animated and eventually dubbed. Hopefully Sasuke takes away from this that he should be more willing and open to what Naruto says and perhaps others. Though there was also meaning here for Naruto, who is unfortunately not present.

Right there, man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom