• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTL| Not a lick of constructive conversation here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ippo 1007

Oh wow totally didn't expect that, finally foreigners getting respect. Volg is the first to stand at top the world stage. Also I loved the last panel.

Brickhunt

If I'm not mistaken , didn't Ichigo think that the Grand Fisher was the hollow that touched his mothers soul to give him the Fullbringer powers in the first place?
He thought Grand Fisher was the Hollow who killed his mother. He never thought he was the source of his fullbring.

The attack has to happen before birth so the child can inhern fullbring.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Naruto

At the very least, kinda neat to see them literally create the Valley of the End with that huge attack.

Tamanon

Banned
Bleach

Well damn, Masaki is just a certified badass for sure. Also, seems to be where Ichigo gets his at-times reckless nature.

Loved Aizen's excited look when he realized he could see how a Quincy did in action also.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Naruto

So I guess naruto will succeed where Hashi failed....ugh. Fucking retarded

Bleach

Holy fucking shit! She breasted the fuck outta that hollow!!! I laughed my ass off seeing that final panel

ironically the only flat female character in Bleach

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Baby Steps already sucks to read weekly given the nature of the material, but one chapter a month or so is pretty ridiculous.

Naruto 626

That was a really tragic and sad way to end the flashback. Poor Hashirama making the, in my opinion, wrong choice. There was an easy alternative that could have been pursued. For one that prides himself on wanting to talk with people to sort differences, he should have been willing to try to talk Madara out of it instead of wiping him out and showing their guts. Madara seemed easy to understand and really Hashirama could have used the wood clone to his advantage to hold a really long discussion or perhaps a wood prison jutsu. Madara, to me, seemed as if he was just really lonely and sort of afraid and tired of being on top. In all the instances he appeared to only attack alone (nor was their indication that he had anyone else), and just kept relentlessly trying to get Hashirama's attention. With no one to support him in the village nor joining him out there, it was clear why he would be a bit bored and wanting of Hashirama. I dont think he really believed in his ideals and such as he said and actually did dream of their past days. That being said, it just seemed like Madara just needed a hug and would have easily changed and came over to Hashirama's side. We've seen that hugs actually do work and are quite effective in the Naruto universe (ex: Yami Naruto). Really good flashback and I cant wait to see it animated and eventually dubbed. Hopefully Sasuke takes away from this that he should be more willing and open to what Naruto says and perhaps others. Though there was also meaning here for Naruto, who is unfortunately not present.

Nope. Ichigo was already born when Grand Sisher killed Misaki. So it can't be him.
It's definitely "White".

edit: Beaten

Read my post again.

I wasn't referring to that.

Grand Fisher giving Ichigo his Fullbring makes more sense, unless somehow being bitten changed Masaki's DNA and she passed it on to Ichigo....which wouldn't make sense as neither Karin nor Yuzu have hollow OR shinigami powers.

Read my post again.

Grand Fisher giving Ichigo his Fullbring makes more sense, unless somehow being bitten changed Masaki's DNA and she passed it on to Ichigo....which wouldn't make sense as neither Karin nor Yuzu have hollow OR shinigami powers.

Karin does have something resembling shini powers thou, Yuzu showed hints but nothing fully confirmed .

hollow? nope so far, if ever

Read my post again.

So, Karin and Yuzu don´t have hollow powers, it could be because only the first born get it since it´s not originally Misaki´s powers and not having plenty of hollow riatsu inside of her.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
One Piece
-The final four is obviously bikini girl, Lucy, Burgess and male Hancock. Bellamy will get taken out by one of them quickly during round 1 as a joke.
-Burgess's presence throws a wrench into the whole tournament because (A) he'll surely cheat, and (B) either he wins the entire thing (weird, would displace Doflamingo's crew as the immediate threat) or he gets defeated by someone (also weird since he's suppose to be end-game material). However its highly likely that the tournament will not go to completion (especially with Burgess around) so that might be the author's "out".
-I assume the tournament is set up as such:
-Free for all for block A-D, resulting in 4 winners: Lucy, Rebecca, Burgess, male hancock
-The 4 winners will each face one of Doflamingo's 4 underlings that were previously shown
-Any winners of that fight will get the "chance" to fight Diamente for the devil fruit (and he'll surely cheat)​

-Previously I guessed that the missing samurai would end up in the tournament and be the one to eat the devil fruit. Assuming Rebecca isn't the samurai (don't bet on it though), I think she also has the greatest chance of being the one to eat it because she's obviously the friendly character of the arc. It would suffice the same storytelling reasons as if the Samurai ate it.
-Speaking of which, Rebecca could be the missing Samurai. Especially if that bikini armor turned out to be a dragon scale bikini...
-And finally, there's a 100% chance we're going to get "Rebecca for nakama" posts for the next year.

Shouta

Naruto

So was the moral of the story that Hari's biggest flaw was giving up on Madara?

Please tell me that's the moral.

Please tell me Naruto's superior to Hari due to his infinite love.

Please oh pretty please please.

I think Madara's point was that you can't have peace without settling everything else. Building a village to foster that dream changes nothing if people are still willing to fight each other for the pettiest of reasons. Hence, putting the cart before the horse. Hashirama's ultimate flaw, at least from Madara's view, is that he was a dreamer without the will to back it and was blind to the greater scope of problems, I think. Naruto very likely has what Hashirama lacks, the ability to solve the problem at the core. Infinite love, etc.

Bleach involved actual backgrounds in the fight, at least for a few panels, MIND IS BLOWN!

One Piece
-The final four is obviously bikini girl, Lucy, Burgess and male Hancock. Bellamy will get taken out by one of them quickly during round 1 as a joke.
-Burgess's presence throws a wrench into the whole tournament because (A) he'll surely cheat, and (B) either he wins the entire thing (weird, would displace Doflamingo's crew as the immediate threat) or he gets defeated by someone (also weird since he's suppose to be end-game material). However its highly likely that the tournament will not go to completion (especially with Burgess around) so that might be the author's "out".
-Free for all for block A-D, resulting in 4 winners: Lucy, Rebecca, Burgess, male hancock
-The 4 winners will each face one of Doflamingo's 4 underlings that were previously shown
-Any winners of that fight will get the "chance" to fight Diamente for the devil fruit (and he'll surely cheat)​

-Previously I guessed that the missing samurai would end up in the tournament and be the one to eat the devil fruit. Assuming Rebecca isn't the samurai (don't bet on it though), I think she also has the greatest chance of being the one to eat it because she's obviously the friendly character of the arc. It would suffice the same storytelling reasons as if the Samurai ate it.
-Speaking of which, Rebecca could be the missing Samurai. Especially if that bikini armor turned out to be a dragon scale bikini...
-And finally, there's a 100% chance we're going to get "Rebecca for nakama" posts for the next year.

Interesting but

1) Why would Burgess surely cheat? Dude usually wants a good challenge IIRC

2) your last one is safe as hell man LOL

Isn't Karin even sneaking off for training with Urahara?

She was in an effort to protect Ichigo during his power loss phase

I really want Rebecca as new nakama.

But I also want Nami and Robin to have a purpose.

You're assuming she still had her Quincy powers then. Remember they can go away like Uryu's did.

I'm sure that part is coming.

Ah, didn't think of that. Good point. I wonder if she has her powers taken by the Quincies or Aizen... or something completely different.

Naruto 626

That was a really tragic and sad way to end the flashback. Poor Hashirama making the, in my opinion, wrong choice. There was an easy alternative that could have been pursued. For one that prides himself on wanting to talk with people to sort differences, he should have been willing to try to talk Madara out of it instead of wiping him out and showing their guts. Madara seemed easy to understand and really Hashirama could have used the wood clone to his advantage to hold a really long discussion or perhaps a wood prison jutsu. Madara, to me, seemed as if he was just really lonely and sort of afraid and tired of being on top. In all the instances he appeared to only attack alone (nor was their indication that he had anyone else), and just kept relentlessly trying to get Hashirama's attention. With no one to support him in the village nor joining him out there, it was clear why he would be a bit bored and wanting of Hashirama. I dont think he really believed in his ideals and such as he said and actually did dream of their past days. That being said, it just seemed like Madara just needed a hug and would have easily changed and came over to Hashirama's side. We've seen that hugs actually do work and are quite effective in the Naruto universe (ex: Yami Naruto). Really good flashback and I cant wait to see it animated and eventually dubbed. Hopefully Sasuke takes away from this that he should be more willing and open to what Naruto says and perhaps others. Though there was also meaning here for Naruto, who is unfortunately not present.

It's good to know that some things never change.

Naruto 626

Really grateful that this terrible flashback is over. Kishi completly glossing over a opportunity for an awesome battle (where was Mito? Or was that retcon too?) for like 2-3 chapters of kid Hashi and Madara was lame and not at all surprising.

It was great for Hashirama to finally think straight and put Madara right where he belongs. And even better that next week we go back to Sasuke and the Hokage's.

Bleach 532

One chapter and were already calling Ichigo's mom a badass? Might be a bit premature to me but her head shot against the hollow was definitely cool.

One Piece 704

Burgess is back! Out of BB's crew I like him the most so I'm really happy for his reappearance. Rebecca looks nice but I really doubt she'll be the one to eat the fruit, much less getting the chance to kill Doflamingo.

rouken

One Piece

- doflamingo has 5 nakama's participating
- i think rebecca isn't a samurai because 1) she doesn't look like one 2) i thought kinemon's companion was captured
- if burgess would cheat, i don't think doflamingo or diamante would just let him take away the fruit. they're all competing in this by the rules, if there would be one that would cheat it would be the blind guy.

Akito

Suzuka 0-166 END

*yawn*

Less angsty than I expected but, boy, I didn't really feel it.
That's not how it works, where are my rage posts?
:lol

On an unrelated note here are some WSJ rumors

Issue #22/23
End: Rookie Policewoman Kiruko-san

Issue #24
New Series by Hasegawa Tomohiro
End: Medaka Box

Issue #25
New Series by Ohba Tsugumi x Obata Takeshi

Bleach 532

One chapter and were already calling Ichigo's mom a badass? Might be a bit premature to me but her head shot against the hollow was definitely cool.

To be fair she showed her more serious side a bit after doing that Orihime expy bullshit for a while and she did own it pretty well.

One Piece 704

Burgess is back! Out of BB's crew I like him the most so I'm really happy for his reappearance. Rebecca looks nice but I really doubt she'll be the one to eat the fruit, much less getting the chance to kill Doflamingo.

not sure about Dom but it could see her getting the fruit from Luffy, but its possible she might not want it anymore by the time everything is over.

Issue #22/23

Issue #24

Not surprising @ the first
LOL @ the second

if true

Issue #22/23

Issue #24

Issue #25
New Series by Ohba Tsugumi x Obata Takeshi

How does Kiruko end before Cross Manage...
Hope the new ones are battle series.

PK Gaming

ironically the only flat female character in Bleach

Ep364RukiaProfile2.png

:[

To be fair she showed her more serious side a bit after doing that Orihime expy bullshit for a while and she did own it so she gets a pass.

Just knowing that she got killed by Grand Fisher really hampers everthing she does in my eyes.

not sure about Dom but it could see her getting the fruit from Luffy, but its possible she might not want it anymore by the time everything is over.

That is pretty much the same thing what I'm expecting to happen with her right now. Hopefully she turns out to be actually competent.

Issue #24

If this is true, I better hold off of catching up to Medaka Box until the ending

Kusagari

One Piece

You and everyone else are forgetting that "crazy rookie from a year ago" Bartolomeo. The final 2 spots are between him, the prince and Rebecca. And possibly the old dude if he entered too.

Angry Grimace

How? She's still in love with him, isn't she?

By that I mean both that plot point and the character herself became completely irrelevant. To the extent she even shows up, she doesn't seem to do anything about it. I mean, for most of that time he didn't even have any powers or anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom