• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTL| Not a lick of constructive conversation here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yonafunu

I don't know if were still doing this, but I also really like Miwa Shirow's art. It's extremely stylish, and the shading is incredible, imo.

I mean, look at this stuff:

iCk3WJG.jpg

So Toriko also has a "you ain't seen nothing yet" 'dark world' that covers more then half the planet. Between this, Hunter x Hunter, and One Piece we certainly have a lot of dangerous world to explore.

Wiseblade

So Toriko also has a "you ain't seen nothing yet" 'dark world' that covers more then half the planet. Between this, Hunter x Hunter, and One Piece we certainly have a lot of dangerous world to explore.

I can't wait for Kubo to reveal that the Soul King was actually a living seal to another dimension of beings more powerful than anything encountered so far.

"Who said this was the Final Arc?"

Toriko Realities of the Gourmet World Arc

That ended about as well as could be expected for Toriko. Looks like it's off to train more, and by train I of course mean find tasty food to eat cause that's how Toriko gets stronger.

survivor

Banned
I would prefer them to do the swimming anime before doing anything else.
http://24.media.tumblr.com/b72a29cec520b28afdbdef4aa754441e/tumblr_mjduuvBtHF1r3bddfo1_500.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Fuck yeah. I watched the trailer 10 times already. This anime needs to happen.

[quote="Kurita, post: 49733733"][B]Again!! 20[/B]

Poor baseball player.[/QUOTE]
Chapter 22 has some great bros bonding moment

Sairuiu 3
tumblr_mji3im4XwR1qbxqfpo1_500.png

2nd story in this story collection proved to be interesting and gave a much better outcome than Ive been used to, which was actually really good considering the emotional turmoil and all the breakups Iwasuki-kun has been through with only going after those that were married. I guess the only thing I'd have wanted from this was Ezo getting some sort of relationship type development, though he served as a good person for Iwasuki to share feelings.

How odd the type of story one could get just from the premise of the sound of cicadas.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Witch Craft Works 20

I'm glad this series moved to a monthly release. The end of the chapter is a nice tease for 21, which is out in raw form now - Takamiya is becoming less of a pushover for sure.

survivor

Banned
Just started the Kaiji anime. Is it a faithful adaptation or will I miss some stuff if I don't read the manga?

I can't speak about the first part since I didn't read the manga for it, but part 2 was a very faithful adaptation. I'd imagine it's the same case for the first season.

Got a couple of books for my birthday; Bride's Story 1 & 2 (which are excellent and if you haven't read them what the hell is wrong with you) and Osamu Tezuka's Message for Hitler.

If you loved Monster, get the books. Osamu Tezuka is twice the mangaka Naoko Uresawa aspires to be.

Kusagari

I can't wait for Kubo to reveal that the Soul King was actually a living seal to another dimension of beings more powerful than anything encountered so far.

"Who said this was the Final Arc?"

The "New World" of Bleach will be where all the Americans go when they die.

survivor

Banned
Got a couple of books for my birthday; Bride's Story 1 & 2 (which are excellent and if you haven't read them what the hell is wrong with you) and Osamu Tezuka's Message for Hitler.

If you loved Monster, get the books. Osamu Tezuka is twice the mangaka Naoko Uresawa aspires to be.

Are the Adolf manga in right to left format? The one I have is published in left to right format.

K - Memory of Red 10

Best cover yet of the series, and for the, tied for the best characters, Fushimi and Yata and most likely split over two months as this was just part one of their dual Homra/Scepter4 mission to get a Strain. Really like the two's antics and still friendship even if they are in separate groups now, wonder if more of Fushimi's past will be detailed. Had wished he had rejoined Homra at the end of the anime :/ S2 maybe?

Since someone did get the No. 6 manga from this magazine, hopefully Memory of Red is picked up too.

Berserk 132

QMbgSAL.jpg

This wasn't really bad or boring, but it felt very much like a filler story. Not much progress, too much Puck/Pakk. But seeing Gatts losing it was worth it. The church hunting Gutts is interesting. I'm not sure how they could possibly stop him.

caesar

Banned
Berserk 132

QMbgSAL.jpg

This wasn't really bad or boring, but it felt very much like a filler story. Not much progress, too much Puck/Pakk. But seeing Gatts losing it was worth it. The church hunting Gutts is interesting. I'm not sure how they could possibly stop him.

The next arc (Retribution) is a lot better.

Tacitus_

Berserk 132

QMbgSAL.jpg

You can start to see Guts softening up a bit from the influence of that elf. Compare him to the first few chapters and you'll see.

Berserk 158

I don't hate this little kid.

Isidoro? The buttmonkey has his moments, but most of the time... yeesh.

World Embryo 56-64

Flashback was nice and actually provided some nice answers to the lingering questions. Loved it when Riku admitted he actually had to follow Karasawa around and complained about not being able to speed things along. Rena and Takao were cute as kids, though it was a little sad seeing what happened to them. All the Adults were ass and I will fully admit that it was nice to see some retribution towards them when the mayhem started on the island.

Also Julie was definitely the hottest girl shown so far
Julie.jpg

sucks she won't be able to make more appearances.

Renai Boukun 2

Chapter needed more appearances of the Yandere girl

Mahouka Koukou No Rettousei 11.5

Nice "beach" chapter. Couldn't help but laugh at seeing Tatsuya's reaction to the glasses girl assests.

Berserk 141-145

I love this! Medieval setting, churches, the plague, witch hunt and all that in the sick and disgusting universe of Berserk. It was good to see princess Charlotte, Rickert and Goto again. A nice throwback. I hope Gutts can get something done about Caska. I was her old self back.

Little side note: I love the design of Gutts own demon, if you can call it that. It's beautiful.

Faith. And if you're talking about who I think, it's not really like she had any to begin with.

I know. She's been possessed so easily. That can't really happen to someone who's truly faithful, but it was great that she finally saw those demons with her own eyes.

bigkrev

US Jump this week

Nisekoi (Cover)
One Piece
Naruto
Dragon Ball
Cross Manage
World Trigger
One-Punch Man
Bleach
Toriko

Naruto off next week

Kurita

Watched the first three episodes of Kaiji.
Damn, that's so good. I wanted something like Liar Game after watching the drama (need to read the manga) and so far Kaiji delivers.

The ending song/animation is boss.

Tacitus_

Berserk 141-145
I know. She's been possessed so easily. That can't really happen to someone who's truly faithful, but it was great that she finally saw those demons with her own eyes.

Natch, doesn't work like that in Berserk. The next two arcs expand more on that side of the universe so I won't say more.

survivor

Banned
None in English, the 5th volume wil be released next week in French.
IZmBRQO.jpg
Late reply, but this cover is awesome

K - Memory of Red 10

Best cover yet of the series, and for the, tied for the best characters, Fushimi and Yata and most likely split over two months as this was just part one of their dual Homra/Scepter4 mission to get a Strain. Really like the two's antics and still friendship even if they are in separate groups now, wonder if more of Fushimi's past will be detailed. Had wished he had rejoined Homra at the end of the anime :/ S2 maybe?

Since someone did get the No. 6 manga from this magazine, hopefully Memory of Red is picked up too.
I didn't know anyone bothered to pick up No. 6. I guess there is a market for pretty boys sci-fi manga after all.

god bless these youtubers

Stinky

Watched the first three episodes of Kaiji.
Damn, that's so good. I wanted something like Liar Game after watching the drama (need to read the manga) and so far Kaiji delivers.

The ending song/animation is boss.

Mirai wa bokura no te no naka!

Glad you like it.

I've always though of Liar Game as a poor man's Kaiji. Not that that's a bad thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom